Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:36:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining hardware - free electricity  (Read 852 times)
sashab (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:23:23 AM

Hi, i am new on this forum Smiley comming from Croatia, and im new at Bitcoin mining. So i want to start mining, can u give me advice on some hardware for about max 1000$ for mining, and plus on my side is that i dont pay for electricity Cheesy so i dont care how much AC hardware use, only to max MHS. Thank you, and sorry on may bad english Cheesy
dmpotter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:33:46 AM

Hi, i am new on this forum Smiley comming from Croatia, and im new at Bitcoin mining. So i want to start mining, can u give me advice on some hardware for about max 1000$ for mining, and plus on my side is that i dont pay for electricity Cheesy so i dont care how much AC hardware use, only to max MHS. Thank you, and sorry on may bad english Cheesy

Only advice I can say is go big or stay out.. What I mean is if you try to get little asic usb's and what not you will not get as much bang for your buck.

For that kind of money, I think you should be looking at the 30gh/s block erupter cubes or couple of the 10gh/s blades. The price per gigahash is much better than dozens of 333'mhs or even antminer or bitfury's.

Many people will say don't buy anything, cause your not going to get an ROI on your investment.. but heck I'm an enthusiast and have extra spending cash.. Not like I'm trying to replace a mcdonands job income or something.
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:40:31 AM

Seems the newbie board is now archived  Grin
sashab (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:08:59 AM

As i said i dont pay for electricity Cheesy so i will not lose money there, only on investion. Can u give link on what to buy? I am really newbie :/
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:17:41 AM

I don't want to advocate any of the sellers on ebay, cause lets face it.. EBay can be an overpriced whore with a special package behind that thong....

but here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Computers-Tablets-Networking-/58058/i.html?_from=R40&_udlo=200&_udhi=&_nkw=Block+Erupter+Cube&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2

This should least give you an idea of the price. Now the optimal thing to do is find a place to trade cash for btc, then purchase a cube or blade from someone in group buys forum.

The average Ebay price for a cube is about $600 USD. I think in btc price it's about BTC.75

Edit: I should add, I like the cube over the blade, mostly cause of the setup. Power Supply (650W+) and Cube and ready.. Blades require some special wiring and configuration.
sashab (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:28:28 AM

And if i buy this one lets say: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASICminer-Block-Erupter-Cube-30-38-Gh-s-Bitcoin-Miner-bitminer-IN-HAND-/271359712653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2e4c9d8d

i just buy PSU for, plug power, ethernet cabel and thats it? Does come with how to setup on computer?
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:31:43 AM

Yes -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658.0

keep in mind the one you picked, the seller is in Hong Kong, and China shipping can be slow as heck.

Also, if you don't know how to make a PSU start without a motherboard.. Here is an example of what I did..

Your basically looping the green wire to the black wire. You can use a paperclip.. I used solder and an male connector off of an old motherboard. Cause well, i was bored and didn't want the cat to knock out my paperclip.

You can also order prewired things like that..

Just make sure the power supply is Crossfire Ready, you need 2 of the pcie plugs (6pin things)
sashab (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:46:08 AM

When buy this cubes, then i dont need fast PC or still need to buy and fastest PC i can get?
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:48:22 AM

Then with your change, you can purchase antminers.. imo, the price per gh/s on the low end equipment, it's the most affordable.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Antminer&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_PrefLoc=2&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XAntminer+U1&_nkw=Antminer+U1&_sacat=0

Those just plug into your USB port and you load software like cgminer or bfgminer to use them.

But what I do, is sell contracts on Ebay, cause I'm a ridiculous whore too Grin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251429492196?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The above is me... and see people do bid on that service.. mind boggling. If you can't see that link it's cause I sell only to the North American market, cause even though this is digital thing, when i sell real stuff foreign shipping is expensive.
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:49:20 AM

When buy this cubes, then i dont need fast PC or still need to buy and fastest PC i can get?

No, cubes run independent of the computer with the exception of the small proxy software you run on your computer.
sashab (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:06:08 AM

Ok, btw is there any page where can i test mining? Bcs i have some problem with network so i want to see if will on pc work everything before i spend money for mining? Btw thank you for your help!
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:08:00 AM

If you just want a simple test, go to bitminter.com

After you create an account .. go to Tools, Bitminer Client.

No fuss

It's java based

Most people eventually use bfgminer or cgminer, but I'm not that good at explaining things for an experiment Smiley
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:13:15 AM

There is also another choice, but you would have to do something for me Smiley

but -> https://cex.io/r/0/dmpotter1361/0/

by clicking on that link, I'm making you a referral.
you don't lose anything, I just get an extra % of what you make.

If you create an account there as my referal, I'll give you .1 Gh/s (100 Mh/s) so you can start mining right now.. albeit pretty low until you build it up.
sashab (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:16:53 AM

Explain in detail like you talking to child in inbox pls Smiley
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:22:51 AM

Explain in detail like you talking to child in inbox pls Smiley

bfgminer imo was the easiest to get going. You would still need a pool, what I did..

I'm sure you saw that cex.io link above.

Well what I did was download bfgminer
after I got it all extracted is I started bfgminer with

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u dmpotter1361.ant -p x

where you would replace orange part with your accountname.madeupworkername

so i.e

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u sashab.croatiarules -p x

Then as my local miner also mined bitcoins and namecoins, I purchased more and more gh's.

within bgminer you may need to hit the letter M followed by the + key. Then you will type in all or auto.. it should find your built-in graphic card or cpu to use.

Link for BFGMiner -> http://bfgminer.org/

I guess with your geographic location, you would use uk1.ghash.io:3333
sashab (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

How about buying this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitcoin-Miner-Prospero-X1-100-GH-s-asic-/261376979244?pt=Altre_Schede_per_PC_e_Server&hash=item3cdb48312c

does he same as cube? Just connect to PC?
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:13:18 PM

That's a pre-order, don't fall for it. Otherwise, I don't how that equipment works.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:19:31 PM

You might be able to scare up a couple of Avalon machines or clones for that, BUT beware of "used ASIC" websites, 9 out of 10 we have seen have been pure scams.

Those are nominal 66GH machines at around 600-700W unless they have the newer chips, then the wattage is lower. It's possible you might get a 60Gh and 30GH BFL single for that also, but unlikely at eBay pricing.

"Free" electricity may seem like you can run a heck of a lot of inefficient machines like the Avalons, but you may quickly run into heat and wiring problems (Circuits not supplying enough amps.) Also, if you get too silly with it, your landlord may come to investigate.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
sashab (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:50:45 PM

Guys i have free electricity, i am CEO at my company, we work with EC and we dont pay EC Smiley so thats why i can go with anything i want free of charge of electricity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: