Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:43:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Domain name system works?  (Read 431 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:15:59 AM

I wanted a some domain name, lets say meingandu.in from a long time. Unfortunately, I procrastinated booking it due to over spending month by month. And unfortunately, that domain name was book lasted year in march first week. Now, it expiration date is coming soon and I need to plan accordingly so that I don't miss this time. What I want to know is:

1. Will company ask him first that you want to extend it or nor? If he says 'yes' then they will renew again to him.
2. Or is it his own responsibility to remember when his domain name expires and he has to review it?
3. Whats is back order? Is it helpful for me? What I think is, If I back order then ...how does system works? Do they tell them someone is trying to book in their back?
4. I have checked it status in whois.net. Can you suggest, how can I book that domain name? What do I do next?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 08:43:41 AM

I wanted a some domain name, lets say meingandu.in from a long time. Unfortunately, I procrastinated booking it due to over spending month by month. And unfortunately, that domain name was book lasted year in march first week. Now, it expiration date is coming soon and I need to plan accordingly so that I don't miss this time. What I want to know is:

1. Will company ask him first that you want to extend it or nor? If he says 'yes' then they will renew again to him.
2. Or is it his own responsibility to remember when his domain name expires and he has to review it?
3. Whats is back order? Is it helpful for me? What I think is, If I back order then ...how does system works? Do they tell them someone is trying to book in their back?
4. I have checked it status in whois.net. Can you suggest, how can I book that domain name? What do I do next?

There is no set procedure in place.  Each domain registrar can do things their own way - you need to investigative directly.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:41:36 AM

1. Usually they will ask you to extend it (more money for them)
2. You will usually get email notifications, depends on registrar
3. When an domain is about to expire, you can backorder it. The backorder services will try to register the domain for you right after it expires.
4. If a domain is going to expire soon and you really want it, backorder it now. If they manage to get the domain, it will be transferred to you.
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:53:47 AM

There is no set procedure in place.  Each domain registrar can do things their own way - you need to investigative directly.

What set of procedure you suggest me to do?

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:54:56 AM

1. Usually they will ask you to extend it (more money for them)
2. You will usually get email notifications, depends on registrar
3. When an domain is about to expire, you can backorder it. The backorder services will try to register the domain for you right after it expires.
4. If a domain is going to expire soon and you really want it, backorder it now. If they manage to get the domain, it will be transferred to you.

b!z, what should I do next? Can you name me some good companies, where I can go and continue with process. I don't want to wait another year for the domain name. Please help me out!

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:32:37 PM

Look into Bigrock.in; they're good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: