Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Provably fair & trust in games in general  (Read 425 times)
woookash (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:49:52 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 10:06:10 AM by woookash

Hi,

I'm currently starting a small project, which raises a few questions:

I started playing at some point on SatoshiMines, and have some questions about the fairness of similar websites: while there is no doubt that the result grid isn't changed from the moment the sha-256 key is showed, so the game won't change the mines positions after you clicked once, it is my understanding that the website is perfectly able to generate grids based on the player past behavior, is this correct?

My second point is: if you have a website that let's you choose between several entries, one of them being winning, is there anything preventing the website owner to use the website to win himself? Let's say there's something similar to a lotto, 40 cases, one winning big money, what would prevent the owner of giving the correct result to a friend? Or is there a technical answer to this that prevents the server owner of checking the current play results?

I'm just trying to clear some points, not to target anyone specifically here Wink

woookash
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: