Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth buying or mining Dogecoins?  (Read 2093 times)
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:59:49 AM

I see a multitude of dogecoins selling left, right and centre on ebay.
How much is too much?
It looks like they are selling them far higher than what they are worth, i thought  the going rate is 1100 dogecoins to $1USD, but some listings are 10x higher than that.
Im just concerned im not going to have my mining rig up in time to make the most of it before the difficulty becomes much harder as it already is starting to.

I dont know if ill ever become a millionare with dogecoin or not, but their price is increasing rapidly ATM...
I dont think its a stupid thing to hold tight on a million of them, because litecoins were only  0.07USD 12 months ago

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:39:30 PM

I dont think its a stupid thing to hold tight on a million of them, because litecoins were only  0.07USD 12 months ago

You cannot begin to even compare the total number of coins produced between the two.  So temper your expectations.

With that said, the biggest draw to Doge is it's consistent daily volume.  There are a ton of buyers and sellers, which means there is a ton of interest.  Matter of fact, I think it's easily the second highest traded currency out there only to Bitcoin.  But again, be realistic in your expectations.

I believe the block rewards is set to cut in half sometime in february, so many speculators are stocking up now in preparation for an anticipated price hike.  But with all things investment wise, nothing is a sure bet.  Don't know if I would be buying right now at its peak...the volatility of the market shifts from hour to hour...so it could easily drop by 30 percent by tomorrow.  I'm personally looking to buy a bit once it has a nice big dip Smiley

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:55:23 PM

I dont think its a stupid thing to hold tight on a million of them, because litecoins were only  0.07USD 12 months ago

You cannot begin to even compare the total number of coins produced between the two.  So temper your expectations.

With that said, the biggest draw to Doge is it's consistent daily volume.  There are a ton of buyers and sellers, which means there is a ton of interest.  Matter of fact, I think it's easily the second highest traded currency out there only to Bitcoin.  But again, be realistic in your expectations.

I believe the block rewards is set to cut in half sometime in february, so many speculators are stocking up now in preparation for an anticipated price hike.  But with all things investment wise, nothing is a sure bet.  Don't know if I would be buying right now at its peak...the volatility of the market shifts from hour to hour...so it could easily drop by 30 percent by tomorrow.  I'm personally looking to buy a bit once it has a nice big dip Smiley

Actually, believe it or not, Dogecoin has more total trades per day than bitcoin AND litecoin PUT TOGETHER.

I know, it's nuts. Dogecoin's price has been really run up today, but there is definitely something to it.

Hashrate is ridiculous for it though, so I don't know if it's your best choice for mining. If I were you, I'd wait for it to dip then buy in.

suchnoob

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:57:26 PM

I dont think its a stupid thing to hold tight on a million of them, because litecoins were only  0.07USD 12 months ago

You cannot begin to even compare the total number of coins produced between the two.  So temper your expectations.

With that said, the biggest draw to Doge is it's consistent daily volume.  There are a ton of buyers and sellers, which means there is a ton of interest.  Matter of fact, I think it's easily the second highest traded currency out there only to Bitcoin.  But again, be realistic in your expectations.

I believe the block rewards is set to cut in half sometime in february, so many speculators are stocking up now in preparation for an anticipated price hike.  But with all things investment wise, nothing is a sure bet.  Don't know if I would be buying right now at its peak...the volatility of the market shifts from hour to hour...so it could easily drop by 30 percent by tomorrow.  I'm personally looking to buy a bit once it has a nice big dip Smiley

Actually, believe it or not, Dogecoin has more total trades per day than bitcoin AND litecoin PUT TOGETHER.

I know, it's nuts. Dogecoin's price has been really run up today, but there is definitely something to it.

Hashrate is ridiculous for it though, so I don't know if it's your best choice for mining. If I were you, I'd wait for it to dip then buy in.

+1 Wait for dip then buy.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:43:12 PM

Its doubled overnight, ive bought 50K of them.
Ill wait for the price of them to dip, looking at the graphs, its been higher before.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: