Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 05:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Iran  (Read 608 times)
kaysersoze (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:24:17 AM

I was watching andreas on bitcoin neutrality and" the other 6.5b" as he likes to frame it. Iran came to mind, if they knew the value of BTC specially under sanctions and massive massive inflation half the country would
convert. Anyone knows anything about the bitcoin community in Iran? Does it even exist large community there or any exchanges exist? Any Iranians working on it?

BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:01:31 PM

I was watching andreas on bitcoin neutrality and" the other 6.5b" as he likes to frame it. Iran came to mind, if they knew the value of BTC specially under sanctions and massive massive inflation half the country would
convert. Anyone knows anything about the bitcoin community in Iran? Does it even exist large community there or any exchanges exist? Any Iranians working on it?

Yeah! There was a company.. Aroncoin, anocoin or something related to A-coin.. I don't exactly remember the name active in Iran 5-6 months backs. I guess, they used to manual trading through website. No other information!

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:41:33 PM

Localbitcoins has 2-3 buyers/sellers for Teheran. I would assume becoming involved in this is would be risking serious jailtime? In terms of node distribution, there is very little activity compared to US & Europe.
kaysersoze (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:49:45 PM

Localbitcoins has 2-3 buyers/sellers for Teheran. I would assume becoming involved in this is would be risking serious jailtime? In terms of node distribution, there is very little activity compared to US & Europe.

at this point I don't even think government/ authorities are aware of btc there...  but most def will be the case the coming years for many more countries as btc gets widely adopted.

bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 05:36:39 PM

We get traffic from Iran on altchain.org.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: