Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:13:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OKPAY now (re)allowing GBP bank transfer to crypto exchanges?  (Read 3760 times)
btbrae (OP)

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:39:24 AM

Received this a few minutes ago...

Dear X,
We are pleased to announce that it is now possible to fund OKPAY account by a bank transfer in GBP currency and then transfer funds to the crypto-currency exchangers.

Please find and use the updated banking account details for the GBP currency at the Add Money » Wire transfers page.

New bank does not have any restrictions regarding the further usage of funds on a crypto-currency markets. Please feel free to fund your account using the updated banking details and use the money without any limitations.

Thank you for your business!

Can anyone confirm?
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:19:15 PM

I just received the same email
time to cash out from btc-e :-)

mailliam

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:08:18 PM

Yes I just received the exact same email.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 10:12:51 AM

I've been looking at using OKPay. I'm in the UK so not many good options for buying btc at market rates (e.g. bitstamp) as you get hammered by currency exchange and charges. What are the fees/exchange rates like with OKPay? Is it worth paying in GBP from a UK bank and withdrawing as btc?
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:50:33 AM

Finally some good news !
horsebox1

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:12:37 PM

Which UK bank is it that doesnt have a problem with bitcoin services does anyone know?
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:59:38 AM

Seems like silly pr. I have negative experience with okpay and do not suggest to use their service for big amounts.
After a lost day trying to deposit by a cache in the office in Chiswik Park in London and contact24 they advised to use international wire transfer to their account in Doiche Bank somewhere in West Europe. I sent 50 pounds just to check from the account of my wife and now they are requiring our two photos with gov IDs and wallet ID in hand referring exactly to their bank. Will try chargeback but no trust to company who reckon that UK is not in SEPA.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: