Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I do mining with a normal PC?  (Read 14359 times)
uartasic

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:44:35 PM

yes you can! but once thing is certain, if its BTC or LTC forget it!

i am mining Xivra, Nyan, Doge, Hotcoin, and Mooncoin right now. on a laptop!!!!

i run the batch file under scheduled tasks and mine a different coin each day. i am currently editing a tutorial on youtube for alt coin mining newbies and will be making reference to bitcointalk.org as there are so many helpful members here that have got me this far.

my laptop has a cracked motherboard and can only be operated successfully tilted on its side, so it was bound for the scrap heap to start with.

if your doing it as a hobby buy yourself a watt-meter. around 10-15 bucks. its handy tool to keep costs under control.

i have an asus v50nv dual core 2.5ghz clocked to 3.1ghz stable using a program called getfsb gives me 14khs reliably. my setup uses around 40 cents of power every 1.25 days draws between 55 and 71 watts.

cpu only mining is piss easy to do once you learn the first time via pooler-cpu-miner for windows/intel for me.

i target really low difficulty alt coins via this forum and coinwarz.com

then i let it run for days on end. its good fun and cheaper than smoking, drinking, etc.

i do it for fun and the kids. if your lucky there may be a coin that takes off and you may come across a coin that is highly transacted you can use day to day.

and...yes...join a mining pool! but also check the query time for the pool your joining and where it is located. this can affect your mining.

enjoy...
ua

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ClassTrader

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:39:55 PM

You won't make much profit, but it is possible. I use a PC I built for gaming for mining, and its not actually that bad.
YoungBitcoinMiner

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:44:32 PM

Your pc might lag a little, and you will not generate that much speed. Especially if your GPU is slow and your using it for something else (such as 3D gaming). I would prefer for you to create a Bitcoin Mining Rig.
Bitcoin Mining Rig(Youtube Video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSITD0sPVY
Zeal0t

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 05:02:55 AM

Hello, Can I do mining with a normal PC? I have an i3!

It could take you like a year to make a dollar.  Roll Eyes

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:22:37 AM

It could take you like a year to make a dollar.  Roll Eyes

I tried to mine on my i3 Cheesy

3MH/s Cheesy

0,24 $ /year

E: 2 cores, 4 treads, laptop cpu Smiley
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:26:40 AM

3MH/s Cheesy

0,24 $ /year

Don't forget there is always a minimum payment. Tongue
So, you can keeping mining for years to finally get a cashout; or better just forget about it Cheesy
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:29:17 AM

3MH/s Cheesy

0,24 $ /year

Don't forget there is always a minimum payment. Tongue
So, you can keeping mining for years to finally get a cashout; or better just forget about it Cheesy

oh.. well I forget to count with electricity...

it would take him years without electricity Cheesy

U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:31:35 AM

I recommend DOGE coin, Use Coinwarz.com to calculate how much you will make a day, It also shows the results in other altcoins.
RedDiamond

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:02:05 AM

You could try your luck with some altcoin which is not listed in any exchange yet. For example Solcoin [SOL] is still very easy to mine.
You may not got any money but at least some fun.

penaway

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:08:26 AM

Yes, you can mine with a normal PC Smiley But no use mining Bitcoin directly as others mentioned, you can still change altcoins to Bitcoin if you want.

I started with Litecoin mining on gpu, then got a hint about just released Protoshares from a irc-friend (inside nerd channel but I was the only one who started) and started mining it with cpu at same time. When it seemed that Dogecoin is here to stay, even some months, I changed to it from Litecoin with gpu, and when Metiscoin was published I mined it with cpu until difficulty was too high. Now I'm mining Protoshares with cpu and Dogecoin with gpu again, but when something interesting appears I will take the easy coins without hesitation. That's the interesting part on this hobby, always searching for something new that could be the next big thing Smiley

Oh yes, I have i5 laptop too which have been mining protoshares nearly from start. No enough gpu power for mining, it has the slowest possible Nvidia chip, and cpu mining speed is a bit less than half of my desktop computer's cpu power (Ivy Bridge i5 4,2GHz).
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:28:46 AM

PTS is a profitable CPU only altcoin, I also like the wallet client its clean and easy to use. PTS can be easily mined using minerd and the pool recommended for it is beeeer.org

I know it sounds weird, But it is a real pool for PS and other altcoins an dpays out every 0.2 worth of the coin you mined.
bronsky666

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:15:40 AM

more for fun but you at least need a strong graphic card

or maybe look for coin only minable with CPU
cancercoin4cure

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 05:42:34 PM

Yes you can, but if you thinking that you going to be a millionaire in a month don't even try it.
If you're doing this for fun go ahead, just be aware that you will be using a lot of hydro and it is a timing consuming.
Ready more posts about it before you starting something that you don't know.   

CharityCoin helping to fund-raising for charities - http://www.charitycoinfoundation.org/ - ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448269.0
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

You can, but this question is like "When will I win the lottery?".
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

You can, but this question is like "When will I win the lottery?".
I gave Bitcoin to a stock exchange on blockchain.info and I put in 0.70 BTC and got 1BTC from the investment in ebay, But I cant say the same for you, Just be wise.
vasana

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:42:13 AM

What about alt coin mining if your normal PC is a gaming pc? I'm on a MSI GT70 with VGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 675MX. Waste of time and security risk (I use this pc to access servers I manage and client websites) or worth a shot? Any thoughts?
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:33:51 AM

What about alt coin mining if your normal PC is a gaming pc? I'm on a MSI GT70 with VGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 675MX. Waste of time and security risk (I use this pc to access servers I manage and client websites) or worth a shot? Any thoughts?
No, If you look at this site, Nvidia cards are useless no matter how expensive it is.

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:43:55 PM

No, If you look at this site, Nvidia cards are useless no matter how expensive it is.

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

They aren't that useless, they just have a relatively lower hashrate compared to AMD cards, but they are still worth something.
ezalex

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:45:49 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 06:56:31 AM by ezalex

My old Scammers Profile "Projects" Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52439:
anyone can see how very properly I already scammed peoples for 200,000 USD WOW
see all scam report against my old forum id " Projects" as below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.msg4415868#msg4415868

WOW!!! 500+ BTCs worth around 200,000 USD I already scammed!!!! its really nice is NOT?

But after all - fuck me very hard plzzzzzzz , I am rich Cheesy Cheesy

sory I am idiot and scamer for sure really sorry-

I trying to piss over myself properly sorry for it guys but I will must scam peoples again again Smiley
ignore me plz but I will scam peoples for sure and never stop really sorry for it...

I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW and I earn already 600 btc worth 200,000 USD WOW its not nice to earn 200,000 USD without work just for scamming yes its very nice ...I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW I will must again and again scam peoples as I am so smart just like James Bond 007 so I will MUST MUST continue until I got my new sexy girl friend oh very sad my old girl friend just scammed LOL so I will again and again scam until I earn again millions of $$$$ via scam people all over forum sorry admins BUT I will must scam again and again  really sorry but I will MUST scam others for earn millions of $$$ who not want it I musr want scam people and got my new girl friend !!!!!! I Just a poor scamer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!! I Just a poor scammer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!!!

I have lot of times to check all my spams and reply on forum 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW....  will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW

I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW and now again I need lot of money for get MY NEW Girl Friend so I will MUST MUST continue scam peoples again and again and I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW and I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW ...I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW
`
seonline

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:23:14 AM

My old Scammers Profile "Projects" Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52439:
anyone can see how very properly I already scammed peoples for 200,000 USD WOW
see all scam report against my old forum id " Projects" as below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.msg4415868#msg4415868

WOW!!! 500+ BTCs worth around 200,000 USD I already scammed!!!! its really nice is NOT?

But after all - fuck me very hard plzzzzzzz , I am rich Cheesy Cheesy

sory I am idiot and scamer for sure really sorry-

I trying to piss over myself properly sorry for it guys but I will must scam peoples again again Smiley
ignore me plz but I will scam peoples for sure and never stop really sorry for it...

I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW and I earn already 600 btc worth 200,000 USD WOW its not nice to earn 200,000 USD without work just for scamming yes its very nice ...I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW I will must again and again scam peoples as I am so smart just like James Bond 007 so I will MUST MUST continue until I got my new sexy girl friend oh very sad my old girl friend just scammed LOL so I will again and again scam until I earn again millions of $$$$ via scam people all over forum sorry admins BUT I will must scam again and again  really sorry but I will MUST scam others for earn millions of $$$ who not want it I musr want scam people and got my new girl friend !!!!!! I Just a poor scamer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!! I Just a poor scammer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!!!

I have lot of times to check all my spams and reply on forum 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW....  will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW

I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW and now again I need lot of money for get MY NEW Girl Friend so I will MUST MUST continue scam peoples again and again and I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW and I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW ...I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW
`

oh 500+ BTC stolen this scammer projects really did their scamming very well
I think they able scam peoples easily as an so called Hero sorry ZERO Member on forum named "Tomatocage" largest supporter of scammer Projects this ZERO guy Tomatocage submit negative ratings for everyone but they never submit negative ratings for their agents like Projects I am sure 90% of scammed money just took by Tomatocage and only 10% got by Projects as only with Tomatocage supports this guy able to scam too many peoples easily

this guy Tomatocage NOT Hero but 100% ZERO and largest supporter of biggest scammers

stay away from Tomatocage never use this guy as escrow they will surly scammed you Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: