Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 12:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire R9 280x Dual X wont post at all?  (Read 1639 times)
pryzh (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:53:00 PM

Hey Everyone,

Have a question before i RMA the cards back, i recently bought 5 Sapphire Dual X R280x Cards. I am having issues with 3 of them.
2 wont boot at all, and the 3rd one wont boot, but does get recognized in Windows as Series 7900 if i boot with a working card and keep this one in the next slot.
I have tried with different risers 1x, 16x, powered and non powered but cannot get any of the 3 problematic cards to work at all.

The setup i have is:
MSI Z77A-G45 mobo
Lepa 1600w Power Supply
Silverstone 1200w Strider Gold PSU

When i first assembled this, there were the 5 Dual X R9 280x above and 1 Vapor X R9 280x, some were on 1x risers others were on 16x, and windows was able to detect all 6 VGA adapters, but when i was installing the drivers the PC crashed and ever since ive been having this problem.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated, i want to send these 3 via RMA, but the downtime from this (around 1 month at least) is quite a loss...
bl8cz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:52:06 PM

Hi,

that's a shame. Do you have windows 8? I guess yes. Be sure to use the ATI Catalyst 13.12 or 13.11. I solved this problem by this:

Go to start, search for device manager and look for graphics cards. Choose the Windows as Series 7900 and click update driver and select catalyst installer Wink Your other not recognized cards will be maybe located in Audio Something category. Install driver same way.

Hope it helps.

If not, you can try PM me..

----------------
Donation addresses

BTC: 1ETYyETSWhkVxyj7HrBVEr5iAxAx2uSfTe
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:43:48 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 02:01:56 AM by Gator-hex

windows was able to detect all 6 VGA adapters, but when i was installing the drivers the PC crashed and ever since ive been having this problem.

Try using the drivers off Sapphire's web site not the generic AMD ones. I have had Sapphire cards in the past that only work on their OEM driver!

Make sure to spread the Lepa 1600W power cables out as it has 6x 30A = 360W rails meaning you cannot put more than this on a single cable.

If you plugged the 1x risers in back to front you might have damaged them.

pryzh (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:18:33 AM

Thanks for the tips guys. I tried with different drivers, and with the 7900 still no joy...
The risers are fine as they work with other cards, but id be mad to put in the riser the wrong way... Shocked

The 2 other cards were not posting at all, so i rmad all 3 of them. It turned out that they were actually from a bad batch and they had more ppl return cards from RMA with the serial number ending in uneven number in this batch. All 3 dead ones i had, the serial numbers were ending in 3, 5 and 7.
Anyways, new ones on the way, so really hope this story will not repeat Smiley
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:14:55 PM

I dont think its the gpu problem, try older driver and see if it work.
pryzh (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:26:20 PM

I dont think its the gpu problem, try older driver and see if it work.

Well it would be possible if the cards booted, but none of them POST and only 1 out of 3 is recognised when in second slot, and another working card is in main slot.
Anyhow, i already sent em back just wating on the new ones now Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: