Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:54:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Several questions for a web service based on Electrum  (Read 759 times)
Polux44 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:31:47 PM

Hello guys!

I want to develop a web game based on Electrum.
Users can spent the number of bitcoins they want for having an "internal" coin usable in this game

I want to use electrum on the server in watch only mode, for generating 1 address per user.
Idealy each time a user does a deposit,  the system detects it and increase his "internal" coin wallet.

- If I understand well, if I run Electrum with the main secret phrase I will be able to also see all secondary addresses generated for users. It is only dependent to the gap limit. Am I right?

- Can we control created addresses in another way than gap limit? I'm expecting that several users will record on the website without deposit anything (because they would be not interested on the game, finally). So the risk would be to have more "fake" users than the gap limit allows it. I would appreciate something like "give me 1 new adress" method.

- I saw a script merchant.py which is not focused on my workflow but which could be a good base for it. Because it works a daemon, does it mean we do not need qt4 libs for this? (no GUI). In fact I don't know how qt would behave on a server without graphical interfaces.
A question around it is: can we use electrum purely in a shell?

- How can we help the electrum network? There is a network fee, but is there any "electrum network fee"?

Thanks,
Polux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 04:32:28 PM

sorry but the merchant script is broken in the current release.
I am trying to fix it asap but I really have lots of things to do, so don't expect it too soon..

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:51:19 PM

You can generate addresses even now. You don't need to have electrum running. There is some code here:

https://github.com/prusnak/addrgen

But to learn about coins you've received you have to have bitcoind or use blockchain.info's api. I suppose you could use electrum as well but you'd need to know python to fix that merchant script.

Electrum can be run over the command line. No gui required Smiley

Electrum 2.0 is going to feature a full featured daemon process for servers:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427617.0

There is no electrum network fee but if you want to support the electrum servers you can donate to them. You'll find their address on the console tab in the Electrum window.
Polux44 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:22:29 PM

Thanks for this complete answer!
And very very intersting post concerning Electrum 2. Seems an exciting dev
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: