Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:07:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The math of mining?  (Read 794 times)
Hueristic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4937

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:58:24 PM

How do I figure out what coin to mine? Are there 3 variables or 4?

From what I have been able to gather in the last month or so is that the price, difficulty and amount of coin in a block are the three main variables. But is your hash rate in there as well?

For instance I have 400 k/h and cannot decide between doge and EAC.

EAC
105 price
diff 30
block amt 10,971.00

Doge
Huh price (for this I'm using 100)
diff 846 and rising
Huh block amount  huge range (I'm using 481737.578 : avg of last 10 found on my pool)

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
gpucoolingmethod

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:00:16 PM

Im not sure if this is the best option but Id stick with coinchoose.com and use a pool that mines the most profitable  coin at the moment
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:09:29 PM

Please watch where you make your topic. This is not a trash can. Go to right subforum please.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Hueristic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4937

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:15:22 PM

Im not sure if this is the best option but Id stick with coinchoose.com and use a pool that mines the most profitable  coin at the moment

I had been but it points me to worthless coins. Like Orbitcoin that cost me 3 days with ZERO payout!
Cosmocoin and a slew of others that are a waste.

Buts thanks for the responce. Smiley

Please watch where you make your topic. This is not a trash can. Go to right subforum please.

W0w, I'm sorry I thought I put it in the main  Alternate cryptocurrencies sub.

MODS please move.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
gpucoolingmethod

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:35:50 PM

I had been but it points me to worthless coins. Like Orbitcoin that cost me 3 days with ZERO payout!
Cosmocoin and a slew of others that are a waste.

Buts thanks for the responce. Smiley

why ZERO payout?!
DGBfan

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:39:45 PM

I used multipool.us for 24hrs yesterday and got the best payouts I've seen. Atm I can't access their pagedue to frontend maint. but they say the pools are still up so I'll check some more today. Optimistic about them though.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:00:48 PM

if the goal is to make the most money, the equation should also have a variable for the optimal time to sell.  the mining decision shouldn't just be based on the most profitable coin at the time:  from the last rush on dogecoin many people were held up by trade delay at cryptsy et al.  if you are mining and attempting to daytrade the coin at the optimal sell price you need to be mining before the mining optima is reached (if that makes any sense?)  by the time you mine a coin, especially if it is a short term pump, you may be unable to sell it for the price that coinwarz etc. suggests.

since the manipulated coin values fluctuate quickly a sell strategy is equally as important as a mining strategy.

if you are mining the coins to keep and invest in for a year or 10 years that is a different situation than if you're mining to make the most short term value. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:02:45 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: