Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: so.. can someone explain why this is even here?  (Read 622 times)
dstevens (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:24:34 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 05:43:44 PM by dstevens

so i posted for a loan expecting some flaming and man i sure got it.
quite the welcome to the community for my first post.

yea i knew it would tank cause the requirements and preconceptions of people by the "lenders" are ... well... your just better off asking a fiat bank for some bitcoin in most cases no? but i did it anyway and wow....

so now im kinda confused...

to get a loan generally you need:

1. reputation - people need to know your not a scammer i get that...

but generally if you have been here long enough to be known then odds are you have plenty of bitcoin and dont need any kinda loan.

2. collateral - this is where it gets quizzical for me.

a.  collateral as crypto - if you have alot of bitcoin or an equal amount of an alt coin that you could exchange for bitcoin and a real exchange, then what is the point of coming here and asking for a loan to a bunch of people who are sure everyone is nothing more than a scam artist and wants 10% back? where is the point in asking someone for a loan for something you can already afford?

b.  collateral as physical - this is an item that could be sold for whatever your wanting to get so why let someone else hold it for the purposes of giving them 10%? or like me the only high dollar value item i own is my car computer and existing mining hardware. so which of those items could i live without to use for collateral for a btc loan if i were so inclined?

exerpt from another post....

I have up to 0 BTC to loan at 0%!!!

Terms
You must supply collateral before receiving a loan
Collateral must be in the form of Litecoins, Primecoins, or mcxFEE shares
The amount of collateral will be 20% more than you're borrowing (ie. in order to borrow 10 BTC, you must supply 12 BTC worth of Litecoins at current market value).
All loans are for a period of one week, unless agreed upon otherwise
All collateral transfers must be from an address that YOU control

so i ask again...

if everyone here is sure everyone else thats not been here forever is a scam artist and/or wants as near exact value collateral upfront as possible to hold on to, with which you could generally exchange for bitcoin and just get what you wanted to begin with, what is the purpose of this section of the board?
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:42:50 PM

No one will take you seriously when you claim to have researched something, then ask for an unknown amount of bitcoin because you don't know how much you need.  This proves definitively that you aren't even serious enough about the project at hand to determine your costs...why on earth would anyone else be?

In terms of collateral, no mention of how much collateral was made, as you never told anyone how much you wanted to borrow, so your claim that someone has to have an equal value in physical collateral is seemingly bogus.  People on the forum will accept many items as collateral that would get you laughed out of your regular bank - THAT'S the purpose of this forum:  People without traditional means/collateral for a bank loan can *hope* to find someone willing to accept what they *do* have.

The fun that ensued on your post beyond that was simply gravy on the side Wink

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:43:02 PM

a.  collateral as crypto - if you have alot of bitcoin or an equal amount of an alt coin that you could exchange for bitcoin and a real exchange, then what is the point of coming here and asking for a loan to a bunch of people who are sure everyone is nothing more than a scam artist and wants 10% back? where is the point in asking someone for a loan for something you can already afford?

It's the same reason why car title loans and home-equity loans exist. I mean if you needed money, you could always just sell your car or house, right? Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
dstevens (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:45:13 PM

No one will take you seriously when you claim to have researched something, then ask for an unknown amount of bitcoin because you don't know how much you need.  This proves definitively that you aren't even serious enough about the project at hand to determine your costs...why on earth would anyone else be?

In terms of collateral, no mention of how much collateral was made, as you never told anyone how much you wanted to borrow, so your claim that someone has to have an equal value in physical collateral is seemingly bogus.  People on the forum will accept many items as collateral that would get you laughed out of your regular bank - THAT'S the purpose of this forum:  People without traditional means/collateral for a bank loan can *hope* to find someone willing to accept what they *do* have.

The fun that ensued on your post beyond that was simply gravy on the side Wink

accepting "hope" as the answer.....
SlidingHorn

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:46:49 PM

I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that you hadn't even bothered to research how much you would need and expected people to fall over themselves to offer you their money.

dstevens (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:47:41 PM

also i do know how much i would need but every time i read a post where someone says they have a plan someone else comes right along to tell them how thier plan sucks and they should go with this other plan they didnt even think of. so why should i say a certain amount for a certain thing when i left that open clearly to any lender to decide what venture they were willing to fund with thier loan.
SlidingHorn

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:50:24 PM

also i do know how much i would need but every time i read a post where someone says they have a plan someone else comes right along to tell them how thier plan sucks and they should go with this other plan they didnt even think of. so why should i say a certain amount for a certain thing when i left that open clearly to any lender to decide what venture they were willing to fund with thier loan.

Someone's pants are on fire:

ive done research into hardware over the weeks past and, especially recently, the difficulty looks like its gonna leave me behind soon. with my recent smashing of the 20 gh/s barrier im not getting too far especially with the coming difficulty increases. im looking for someone who would consider helping me get a leg up in the btc hardware arena.

how much btc am i asking for... well, im not exactly sure. i do know i will give a 10% return on any loan given. i am open to the direction and ideas of the lender of the btc on hardware choices etc. i was even considering just buying a ton of gh at cexio to cut the costs of hardware, electricity, and the time of shipping (or shipping delays by manufacturers).

to add to my own difficulty on this request, im not exactly rich i suppose (by far)... so i dont know exactly what to give for collateral. so.... tell me what i can do to ease your mind on this... i live in dallas, so maybe someone local would consider it?

ive read a couple posts similar to this on here and i know what to generally expect in the replies so i open the floor to your flames and lolz at my nubish expense, and i thank you all for your time reading this.[/s]

dstevens (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:52:52 PM

I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that you hadn't even bothered to research how much you would need and expected people to fall over themselves to offer you their money.

just cause i left the amount to be lended open does not mean i didnt look into all the different hardware possibilities....

why does everyone assume that?

i think this is a fairly accurate list of the offerings available currently on the market?

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

dstevens (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:59:28 PM

Someone's pants are on fire:

ive done research into hardware over the weeks past and, especially recently, the difficulty looks like its gonna leave me behind soon. with my recent smashing of the 20 gh/s barrier im not getting too far especially with the coming difficulty increases. im looking for someone who would consider helping me get a leg up in the btc hardware arena.

how much btc am i asking for... well, im not exactly sure. i do know i will give a 10% return on any loan given. i am open to the direction and ideas of the lender of the btc on hardware choices etc. i was even considering just buying a ton of gh at cexio to cut the costs of hardware, electricity, and the time of shipping (or shipping delays by manufacturers).

no thier not....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: