Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:48:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 noob questions  (Read 542 times)
tenaciouzd (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:57:43 PM

I have my personal desktop I use for gaming. I recently bought a asrock btc board that wont ship till 2/21/14 that I wil lbe using to build my first stand alone mining rig used for nothing else. Gaming rig already has 4x 16x slots. So I was thinking to buy my cards I will be using in advance and putting them in my gaming machine and running them until my board came. So these are my 3 questions:

1) can I mine on a 7950 and a different card thats not a 7950, say a 7850, or am I only able to do a 7950 combo.

2)would i be able to mine all cards at 20 intensity and use my cpu integrated graphics with no lag and still have the pc be usable. Right now if I mine and use a high intensity to get higher hash rate, the pc is completely unusable.

3)If I did want to do some gaming, would I be able to have one card mining high with high intensity with no effect to the card I chose to game with and still be able to play games with no slowdown etc.

TIA
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 07:06:08 PM

You can mix and match GPU's but I would recommend using your rig as a dedicated miner and a separate machine for gaming.
tenaciouzd (OP)

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:11:15 PM

Thanks for answering #1. I plan to have a separate mining machine. Already ordered the mobo for it that has 6x pcie. Just would like to grab the good deals on gfx cards that come along while waiting for it in hte meantime, and would rather have them making money than sitting around for a month. Any wisdom for #2 and #3?
delphs

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:22:26 PM

you can mine on multiple mix cards as long as they all are AMD radeon, don't mix with nvidia.

if you pimp the intensity to 20, you'll be able to do basic stuff but watching TV, netflix or such will probably get laggy even if oyu have the integrated card.

The only way you will be able to play and mine is to make sure crossfire is NOT enable so you can use both card individually, an you'll be able to mine and play without losing much kh/s

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 07:27:13 PM

1) can I mine on a 7950 and a different card thats not a 7950, say a 7850, or am I only able to do a 7950 combo.
You can mix but recomendation will be same GPU, Working with same GPU will be too good, if you want to work with your other gpu i will recomend to use different rigs.

2)would i be able to mine all cards at 20 intensity and use my cpu integrated graphics with no lag and still have the pc be usable. Right now if I mine and use a high intensity to get higher hash rate, the pc is completely unusable.
Its better to keep your CPU and Memory safe. so check how you could safe and better to keep intensity according to how is your entire rig condition.

3)If I did want to do some gaming, would I be able to have one card mining high with high intensity with no effect to the card I chose to game with and still be able to play games with no slowdown etc.
I will recomend you to also separate working and gaming computer.

Good Luck

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:35:37 PM

The answers for three noob questions.

1) Use the search box

2) Use the search box

3) Use the search box

~BCX~