Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We have hit the bottom BUY. BUY ,BUY!!!111  (Read 3434 times)
iprivately

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:35:27 PM

Just snatched me up another 100 btc at $4.80

predict you will sell those back at about 4.50 in an hour or so

I'll let you know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:36:54 PM

I never expected the price to plummet so rapidly so soon.  Eventually yes, as there's very little to do with bitcoin apart from speculate.  But even this activity leaves me aghast.

I haven't been a doomer but have posted many negative opinions about bitcoin as a warning that it was a highly speculative, high risk investment.  Some people argued with that.  I hope they haven't been too burned by the 50% price slashing within a week.

Proclaiming that "now" is a good time to buy is very dangerous.  I suggest no one follow this advice.  No one knows when it's the right time to buy.  Just imagine all the early adopters out there, seeing their dreams of cashing in bitcoins to buy houses dashed.  Right now they'd be lucky to buy a car.  Do you think they'll stick around when their hoard of bitcoins is barely enough to buy a laptop?  What about all the merchants who traded in bitcoins and have seen just how bad an idea that was.  They won't be sticking around either.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:37:36 PM

I don't have access to good charting software for bitcoin, so I can't speak for the particular trendline the OP has drawn, but IMO trendlines in general are a very useful analytical tool for trading. People who trash technical analysis usually don't understand it, or how to use it as a tool for trading.

Yeah but how many people trade on log charts using trend lines?

Not very many that I've seen in my experience.

Agreed. A trend line on a linear chart is much more significant. The best reason to buy today IMO is that we are seeing high volume panic selling.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:39:32 PM

I don't have access to good charting software for bitcoin, so I can't speak for the particular trendline the OP has drawn, but IMO trendlines in general are a very useful analytical tool for trading. People who trash technical analysis usually don't understand it, or how to use it as a tool for trading.

Yeah but how many people trade on log charts using trend lines?

Not very many that I've seen in my experience.

Agreed. A trend line on a linear chart is much more significant. The best reason to buy today IMO is that we are seeing high volume panic selling.

Patience = Profit

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:41:23 PM

I never expected the price to plummet so rapidly so soon.  Eventually yes, as there's very little to do with bitcoin apart from speculate.  But even this activity leaves me aghast.

I haven't been a doomer but have posted many negative opinions about bitcoin as a warning that it was a highly speculative, high risk investment.  Some people argued with that.  I hope they haven't been too burned by the 50% price slashing within a week.

Proclaiming that "now" is a good time to buy is very dangerous.  I suggest no one follow this advice.  No one knows when it's the right time to buy.  Just imagine all the early adopters out there, seeing their dreams of cashing in bitcoins to buy houses dashed.  Right now they'd be lucky to buy a car.  Do you think they'll stick around when their hoard of bitcoins is barely enough to buy a laptop?  What about all the merchants who traded in bitcoins and have seen just how bad an idea that was.  They won't be sticking around either.

yea i'm regretting selling my $2000 TV for 200 bitcoins a few weeks back, because now i'm stuck with bitcoins that will only bring me half of that.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:42:22 PM

yea i'm regretting selling my $2000 TV for 200 bitcoins a few weeks back, because now i'm stuck with bitcoins that will only bring me half of that.

What would you need a TV for when you can watch mtgoxlive?
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:44:10 PM

I once posted a PCI 16x to 1x adapter for sale on these forums for 1.2btc to cover costs.  Now I'd need to advertise it for 4.8btc.  Receiving bitcoins and then running to MtGox to cash them out ASAP isn't the type of image we'd want for bitcoins.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:45:41 PM

i watch tradehill live. 
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:51:01 PM

+1  Wink

Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 11:50:01 PM

Yes we have.  Now is the time to buy!

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 11:52:15 PM

EPIC quote man !
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 12:07:40 AM

Yes we have.  Now is the time to buy!

necrobump much?
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 04:44:29 AM

A log graph only makes sense if Bitcoin is growing exponentially. Typically technology trends do, so it could have value - but if bitcoin isn't growing exponentially (long term)  then it has little value.
If bitcoin really does represent the future of currency, then the log graph is the way to view prices. It depends how much faith you have in the long term future of bitcoin.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 05:10:14 AM

A log graph only makes sense if Bitcoin is growing exponentially. Typically technology trends do, so it could have value - but if bitcoin isn't growing exponentially (long term)  then it has little value.
If bitcoin really does represent the future of currency, then the log graph is the way to view prices. It depends how much faith you have in the long term future of bitcoin.

Pretty much everything grows exponentially. A 2% bond does. There are lots of useful ways to graph things and a log graph is one.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: