Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CGMiner Monitor - App for your Smart Phone!  (Read 2323 times)
ScriptProdigy (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 01:12:49 AM by ScriptProdigy

CGMiner Monitor App

General Information
To check on my miners I've always had to visit the pool I'm connected too to make sure I'm hashing. It was annoying, especially when I'm not home. And to move my rigs between pools I had to be at home at my desk, connect to my stratum proxy pc and close the stratum proxy I had open then launch a separate batch to move them all.

I knew cgminer had an api, so I looked into it and this app is the result of that. I now no longer need a stratum proxy at all, and I can control my rigs from anywhere in the world I have 3g or 4g connection or wifi!

The app allows you to add miners and pools to a locally saved database. Once added you can move the miners independently to pools, or from the pools screen, you can move all your miners at once to a pool. Also, the app will display each miners current hashing rate.  

App Development Status
The app is currently in early alpha! There are lots of bugs, and still a TON of features I'd like to add! Currently it is at its bare minimum state of development. I wanted to get the app out in this early stage so that I can use YOUR INPUT on how I should continue development. What features I should add, how I should rework what I've already gotten written. I am looking for all of your good and bad words of advice for the app! Please however, don't rate the app low on the store listings while still in an alpha release.

The app has only been tested with cgminer version 3.2, as demand grows for other miners I will test and make sure it works on different platforms. Please post your miner information if it isn't working, theoretically the app works with bfminer as well.

App Publish Status
Currently I've only released the app on the android market as I don't (yet) have access to an iOS machine to build for the apple app store. Also, I'm using the android user base to further expand the works of the app.

Currently the cost of the app is $3, once released non-beta version the price will be $4 on both store listings.
NEW PRICE SET AT JUST $.99!

Store Listings
CGMiner Monitor - Android - PUBLISHED VERSION: 1.0.1
CGMiner Monitor - iPhone(Coming Soon)

This app is a work in progress and I will much appreciate the early support! I'm looking for all feedback, good and bad, to be posted in this thread so I can improve the quality of this product!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 11:26:54 PM

sounds pretty useful

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:29:14 PM

Interesting app, but I don't really like your choice of colour.  Tongue
ScriptProdigy (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:30:33 PM

Interesting app, but I don't really like your choice of colour.  Tongue
Lol, to be honest, me neither. Was thrown together, still working on it! I plan to make it a lot sleeker.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 11:34:10 PM

And how can we, as a community, know for sure that you won't steal wallets or something like that?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
ScriptProdigy (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:40:19 PM

And how can we, as a community, know for sure that you won't steal wallets or something like that?
Well, I'd post the source however I would no longer have the ability to charge for the app which I plan to use to make a living on. I'm not so good at trading so I create services and products like this in order to survive. I'm fairly well known with quite a few of the high ups at Cryptsy, Vern (Chatted with him a a few times on skype about Cryptsy's api), Bit John, Mullick, Pr9me, I've worked on openex.pw (https://openex.pw/index.php?page=about, name is listed there). (I go by MattSmith most of the time.) I don't want to come across as a bad person, I'm trying to earn an honest living. Stealing wallets will not happen, I won't lose my credibility with the people I've come to gain trust from for something so silly and something that won't last.
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:41:50 PM

"Knowing" OP for quite some time now in the community, I can say that'll never happen.  He's not some troll looking for a quick buck like many of those out there.

Also, if that ever were to happen Matt would be banned from selling in the android store so why risk it?

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:43:40 PM

Where is the stratum proxy stored? Your servers?   I'm confused. You can change the settings on a proxy from the app, but the phone can't be the proxy itself.

Also, I've got iStuff, so I'll be waiting for now. It would be really convenient to have a nice interface for a stratum proxy.
ScriptProdigy (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:48:18 PM

Where is the stratum proxy stored? Your servers?   I'm confused. You can change the settings on a proxy from the app, but the phone can't be the proxy itself.

Also, I've got iStuff, so I'll be waiting for now. It would be really convenient to have a nice interface for a stratum proxy.

Ah, I must have made the OP confusing, not a great language guy even though its ironic being a programmer.. anyways

There is no stratum proxy, the app connects to all your cgminer instances and moves them all independently. I was using a stratum proxy before I made the app, and it was a hassle.

Also, my day phone is an iPhone, so Im trying to get it on there asap. Its a bit pricier than google play store and I don't have an iOS machine myself so I have to borrow something from a buddy until I can afford to buy a machine myself. I'll figure it out Smiley
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:52:19 PM

Ok, that makes more sense, but how well can it handle dozens of different computers, restarts, errors, etc.
ScriptProdigy (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:57:05 PM

Ok, that makes more sense, but how well can it handle dozens of different computers, restarts, errors, etc.
Most I've personally added to it is 2 rigs and 12 pools. Handled it just fine, as you'd expect you need the bandwidth to handle the more rigs however dozens of cgminer instances added should work just fine. I don't currently have the ability to add many different instances myself, which is one of the reasons why I've released it so early in development. I need to see how it handles these different use-cases and I expect someone out there is willing to risk $3 if they have that many rigs where they will make that back very quickly mining.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 07:08:20 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 07:18:55 AM by bitcoininformation

Well, I'd post the source however I would no longer have the ability to charge for the app which I plan to use to make a living on. I'm not so good at trading so I create services and products like this in order to survive. I'm fairly well known with quite a few of the high ups at Cryptsy, Vern (Chatted with him a a few times on skype about Cryptsy's api), Bit John, Mullick, Pr9me, I've worked on openex.pw (https://openex.pw/index.php?page=about, name is listed there). (I go by MattSmith most of the time.) I don't want to come across as a bad person, I'm trying to earn an honest living. Stealing wallets will not happen, I won't lose my credibility with the people I've come to gain trust from for something so silly and something that won't last.
Stating to whom you talk, doesn't increase the trust I have towards you. I mean I could state that I had a huge conversation with theymos (I did talk to him once, but that is a different subject for a different time). Also, the openex.pw one doesn't proof anything to me. Because, I am Krichwins, but I don't use that name here (No, I am not Krichwins, this is just an example. I don't know this person nor am I this person. I just picked someone from the staff list to get my point across). I want to believe that you won't steal wallets, but, you know, trust is hard to find these days.

"Knowing" OP for quite some time now in the community, I can say that'll never happen.  He's not some troll looking for a quick buck like many of those out there.

Also, if that ever were to happen Matt would be banned from selling in the android store so why risk it?
That doesn't say anything. TF was well known and trusted by many many people, but he still stole shitloads of BTC. He didn't look like a troll nor a scammer. See my point? Getting banned on the Google Play Store isn't a big problem if you ask me. You simply create a new account, pay 5 bucks and you can continue with the scam (which will earn you a lot more than those 5 bucks).

Just to be clear, I don't say that you are a scammer nor that you won't scam. I just want people to be cautious, because that is needed these days. I do wish you good luck with your program and I hope that you earn a fair buck from it Wink

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:15:51 AM

What is all this. How is he stealing a wallet with an app that controls cgminer. If you're worried about that kind of penetration, then any app could be stealing your data, and you aren't being careful enough.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 07:36:12 AM

What is all this. How is he stealing a wallet with an app that controls cgminer. If you're worried about that kind of penetration, then any app could be stealing your data, and you aren't being careful enough.
Stealing a wallet isn't that hard to add inside your code. He only needs wireless permission to send it to itself and he needs that anyway. And yes, I know that any app could steal my data, that is why I always check an app if I don't trust it. Reverse engineer is awesome to do.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:36:02 AM

so take it up with him in pm, or get the app and check it. Why just blatantly accuse him of trying to steal wallets?
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 08:38:38 AM

so take it up with him in pm, or get the app and check it. Why just blatantly accuse him of trying to steal wallets?
Can't you read?

Just to be clear, I don't say that you are a scammer nor that you won't scam. I just want people to be cautious, because that is needed these days. I do wish you good luck with your program and I hope that you earn a fair buck from it Wink
I didn't accuse him of anything nor was that my intention.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:16:57 AM

I can read, thanks.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:11:02 AM

I vouch for Matt, and so will Dia and Mullick and many others. Also, that is not the real Krichwins, its an impostor.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 02:16:25 AM

I also vouch for OP and call FUD on "Bitcoin Information"

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Krichwins

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:23:16 AM

I dont know or really care whats going on here....lol all i know is i am the only krichwins..... Good to be famous 😄 or at least im the original. All others are imposters....lol. Bitcoininformation u are to much of a computer whiz to be me.... U obviously know more then I
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: