Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:22:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess who got a HashFast Baby Jet today..........  (Read 7243 times)
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:15:52 AM

Lol I Lol'd at that part.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HDSolar (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:16:29 AM

Congrats with your BJ!

To get a sense of where they (HF) are in the shipping queue, would you mind sharing your order#? http://hashfast.com/order-chain/

Thanks & please keep us in the loop regarding stability, power use and overclockability Smiley

Usually I don't give this out but since I only ordered one what the hell.  I was order 484 on that list and I was the sixth one down.  Will be happy to share my adventure on this rig with you all.  

And to think I have a monarch coming too, should be fun.

Please do keep in mind that I have only ordered one of each item for a reason.  I know how to mine, been mining since early 2010, and I figured this gear would get here now but I did not figure BTC would be so high and or difficulty.  I figured difficulty would be high but it has sure been on a rip.  Anyways I think mining is important but to be real and big you need to buy volume and I just don't have the power or the location to do it now.  Wish I did but others are coming on and making big waves in the mining world.  For me now I want to invest, work with other companies, launch companies (like Hypewiz.com, check it out) and play around with new gear as it comes.  People have told me that this year we should see 14nm chips so I will probably buy one of those as well but this time cash, not BTC.

I am saying this all so that if you want to mine do so at your own risk, I wanted to try HashFast out and they came through, late but still they came through, and so this was fun and I will see how this goes until the MPP kicks in and then off to eBay with this stuff, maybe.  

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:19:21 AM

Thanks for the info. I remember you were one of the first to get BFL equipment too. Did you order a cointerra as well?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:20:18 AM

Yah you and I have been at this for some time.  Remember FPGA, that was fun.  Well hang in there, I would say make sure you have a cool place to run this gear and it should be fine.  I will toss up some screen shots tomorrow of the system so you can see how it is doing.  I will say that it is running smooth when it is running.  Not sure why it shuts off but it might be my unit or something.  Also at 8:30 tonight an email came out form tech support about rebooting the Pi to improve operations.  I wounder if they saw my video or something, ha ha.

Anyways just make sure to use everything they send you and you should be fine, deviate from the plan they have for the gear and all bets are off.

HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Thanks for the info. I remember you were one of the first to get BFL equipment too. Did you order a cointerra as well?
Oh no, ran out of money and that stuff was way to much at the time.  They wanted 11K then and I was like hell no.  I hear there stuff is good but for 11K I would rather stick with BFL. 

HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:22:53 AM

lol, did you really just throw that raspberry on the floor Cheesy
You should have seen what I did with the BFL gear when I had it.  Blow your mind. 

minternj

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:24:42 AM

HDSolar, to overclock just change the cgminer settings.

default cgminer argument is --hfa-hash-clock 550

try changing it up a little at a time while watching the temp. so goto 570, 590, etc.  Wonder why they wouldn't give you some basic instructions. I know this from looking at the cgminer code.
Cool, thanks.  It has been a while since I played with this stuff so thanks for the help. 

HashFast made sure to put a letter in the box saying that if I do overclock that it will void the warranty.  This thing keeps shutting off and then back on so for now going to let it run.  Maybe in a week or two once more of these have come out I will pump it up.

Strange, so the power supply is shutting off as well? You may want to reseat all the cables, and whatever they are using to jump start the PS.  Or could be bad PS. What model seasonic is that?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:08:34 AM

Is it 400 GH or 550 GH?

Because you say 400 GH stable, the pool in the last second of the last video 550 GH.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:21:02 AM

Yah you and I have been at this for some time.  Remember FPGA, that was fun.  Well hang in there, I would say make sure you have a cool place to run this gear and it should be fine.  I will toss up some screen shots tomorrow of the system so you can see how it is doing.  I will say that it is running smooth when it is running.  Not sure why it shuts off but it might be my unit or something.  Also at 8:30 tonight an email came out form tech support about rebooting the Pi to improve operations.  I wounder if they saw my video or something, ha ha.

Anyways just make sure to use everything they send you and you should be fine, deviate from the plan they have for the gear and all bets are off.
Thanx for all these updates  Smiley much apreciate .
HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 01:59:39 PM

Is it 400 GH or 550 GH?

Because you say 400 GH stable, the pool in the last second of the last video 550 GH.

Sorry that was a blip, it is a little above 400Gh.  Here is a screen shot of the last 8 hours.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Well, that's quite of a straight line... Thanks for sharing...

400 GH conflicts with the other "report", we will see what they are shipping... My guess is that you could possibly have received an older revision of the board? Just a guess, anyway.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg4598443#msg4598443

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

Well, that's quite of a straight line... Thanks for sharing...

400 GH conflicts with the other "report", we will see what they are shipping... My guess is that you could possibly have received an older revision of the board? Just a guess, anyway.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg4598443#msg4598443

i expect them to be easily overclockable. they try to be safe as possible in terms of legal issues. any advice to OC and occuring problems would mean additional trouble to them. so they stay safe and just clock those miners to the guranteed 400 GH/s.

its now up to the community to overclock these things as fast as possible.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

That makes a lot of sense. Waiting for overclock reports, i guess? Just publish the ssh port here and we promise that we won't burn your house down Smiley

raskul

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:36:05 PM

good to see them shipping, best luck with your BJ

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:33:01 PM

This thread would have been way more enticing if it was titled "Guess who got a BJ today"
HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:55:18 PM

This thread would have been way more enticing if it was titled "Guess who got a BJ today"
Yes, you are so right, I guess the shock of having this BJ show up did not have me firing on all my funny cylinders.  I will say nothing is better then getting a BJ that you were not expecting. 

Hey to all, what or who got the first two that were shipped on Dec 31st?  I see the photos on HF site but nothing about them and since I was number 6 where are the rest of the poor soles, I mean lucky people who got BJ's?

jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:13:51 PM

holy crap.  in other news, guess who got a Red Fury today   Smiley

with my 2 block erupters, i hope to hit a block sometime next century
rezilient

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:02:32 PM

Congrats on getting your order!  Waiting 5 months must have been terribly annoying.

And to all the naysayers regarding the 230GH "Avalon" machines on eBay.  I bought 3 of them, and I'm hashing at around 690GH/s right now.  No pre-order and I'll sell them to the next guy once I find something else more interesting.  As a community we need to STOP feeding these POS companies with pre-orders that take ages to ship or never ship. 

You don't pay enough.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 10:35:21 PM

Or plan for delays like I did...Batch 4 just started looking a whole lot juicier with actual shipments and tons of people getting out of line early!

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:47:53 PM

Yes, you are so right, I guess the shock of having this BJ show up did not have me firing on all my funny cylinders.  I will say nothing is better then getting a BJ that you were not expecting. 

Hey to all, what or who got the first two that were shipped on Dec 31st?  I see the photos on HF site but nothing about them and since I was number 6 where are the rest of the poor soles, I mean lucky people who got BJ's?

Could you post power numbers from your kill-a-watt today?  Very curious about why this performance data has been withheld by Hashfast.

I too would like to see what they're using.  IIRC there was a video floating around not too long ago that showed just over 1W/GH
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: