Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:06:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralised trading (not what NXT/Ethereum or anyone is doing at the moment)  (Read 4996 times)
metoro

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:30:52 AM

Please note:

loose
[loos]
adjective, loos·er, loos·est.
1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.
2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.
3. uncombined, as a chemical element.
4. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.
5. not put up in a package or other container: loose mushrooms.

lose
[looz]
verb (used with object), lost, los·ing.
1. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery: I'm sure I've merely misplaced my hat, not lost it.
2. to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered: I just lost a dime under this sofa.
3. to suffer the deprivation of: to lose one's job; to lose one's life.
4. to be bereaved of by death: to lose a sister.
5. to fail to keep, preserve, or maintain: to lose one's balance; to lose one's figure.

Nice idea. Not really an exchange in the true sense, though,  as it would be to slow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waxwing

Activity: 469
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:44:19 AM

You have to use bank transfer types which are irreversible SEPA in europe for example. See: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Payment_methods
I am in Europe and I would not trust that SEPA transfers are irreversible at all. There are cases every few weeks in the German subforum that support this claim. Even if they are irreversible, your bank account still will get locked up sooner or later as soon as someone sends you money from a phished account.

Agreed. SEPA and ACH =/= SWIFT.  I've also been led to believe OKPay has a high "money hardness" (see the first page of my slides here: https://github.com/AdamISZ/multisig_lspnr/raw/master/Paysty.pdf). I'd love to hear more anecdotal evidence if anyone has it.

PGP fingerprint 2B6FC204D9BF332D062B 461A141001A1AF77F20B (use email to contact)
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:45:44 AM

* liquidity has to be "centralised". this is because orderflow is time-ordered. if you have order_1, ...,order_N, then each depends on the other. this is completely different than the blockchain for most (not all) goods. on the blockchain the tx (tx_1, ..., tx_n) are largely independent of each other (otherwise the block mechanism would not work!). arbitrage insures that liquidity flows to the most efficient pool, which is going to be "central" (although might be distributed in a different sense).

right on! ive been saying this for months. once its distributed, everyones order book looks different.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:03:45 AM

* liquidity has to be "centralised". this is because orderflow is time-ordered. if you have order_1, ...,order_N, then each depends on the other. this is completely different than the blockchain for most (not all) goods. on the blockchain the tx (tx_1, ..., tx_n) are largely independent of each other (otherwise the block mechanism would not work!). arbitrage insures that liquidity flows to the most efficient pool, which is going to be "central" (although might be distributed in a different sense).

right on! ive been saying this for months. once its distributed, everyones order book looks different.

In the real exchanges, orders have a choice to be routed to an exchange.  Furthermore, if I recall, every exchange must post is best bid and lowest ask price to allow orders to be routed to the appropriate exchange. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 05:35:01 AM

In the real exchanges, orders have a choice to be routed to an exchange.  Furthermore, if I recall, every exchange must post is best bid and lowest ask price to allow orders to be routed to the appropriate exchange. 

yes..Reg NMS . whats your point. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_NMS

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
k99

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 02:33:52 PM

I know that this topic is a bit out of date, but just in case you are still interested in a P2P Fiat-BTC exchange, I wanted to post an update of our project and announcement for our crowd funding campaign which will end in a few days (on February 9th).

Bitsquare released an alpha version in December and it can be tested at our regular testing sessions with other traders (testnet).
Today 17:00 CET we have such a session. Feel free to join us on our IRC channel #bitsquare-trading on Freenode.
Further information can be found here:
https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/wiki/Bitsquare-WAN-Parties

Regarding the crowd funding campaign:
We are using Lighthouse as decentralized crowd funding solution to iteratively fund the development of every milestone, leading to a fully functional version 1.0.
The funding goal is 120 BTC for the next milestone and the campaign ends in a few days on February 9th. 
Please visit our web page for more details:
https://bitsquare.io/crowdfunding

If you like to support that project please help us to spread the word.

Best regards,
Manfred

https://bisq.network  |  GPG Key: 6A6B2C46
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: