Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOPE] DopeCoin 2.0 - Launching soon  (Read 89378 times)
dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:01:09 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 06:01:21 AM by dopey

MINING POOLS AVAILABLE RIGHT AT LAUNCH

Official DopeCoin Development Pool (3% fee) (Support DopeCoin Here)

www.dopecoinpool.com

Scryptmined Pool dope.scryptmined.com (2% fee)

Digiminers pool dope.digiminer.net (0% fee)

DopeCoin is expected to face larger than normal server loads as well as increased security threats.
                                 All pools on this OP and on the website have met or exceeded certain load handling and security
                                                   specifications to ensure a safe and secure launch for the community.            

With that being said I would highly recommend using different login details for each mining pool you sign up with. Also protect yourself from brute force attacks by using a randomly generated, 24+ character password. http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/   Stay safe Folks!

PRE REGISTER NOW FOLKS!

A special thank you to digiminers for providing the community with a top of the line pool for 0% fees at launch. (Will increase to 1%, 24 hours after launch)

Beware of AltCoin Pool ran by nbphuoc, this pool operator has practiced shady techniques including spamming this thread announcing 0% fees, gaining several hundred pre registrations and then jacking his rates up to 2%. Your mining efforts are likely not safe here from both a security and reliability standpoint. Additionally I have strong moral issues with this individual trying to take advantage of the community and will not be supporting his "business".

Pre Register now folks:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreePls

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:54:51 AM

when is the release? in how many hours  Smiley

dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:06:11 AM

I don't want to confirm anything without 100% confidence that all the bases have been covered. Let's just say we are rounding third and heading for home!
Thanks for your patience.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:34:56 AM

I don't want to confirm anything without 100% confidence that all the bases have been covered. Let's just say we are rounding third and heading for home!
Thanks for your patience.

Thank YOU, dopey!
"Rounding third and heading for home" sounds great!
Soon I can do something other than sit here and reload this page!  Wink
Let's rock!  Cool

Cheers
DrMad

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:34:54 AM

Beware of AltCoin Pool ran by nbphuoc, this pool operator has practiced shady techniques including spamming this thread announcing 0% fees, gaining several hundred pre registrations and then jacking his rates up to 2%. Your mining efforts are likely not safe here from both a security and reliability standpoint. Additionally I have strong moral issues with this individual trying to take advantage of the community and will not be supporting his "business".

I think you are way overreacting on the altcoin pool. That does make you look a bit.... well lets say 'doped-up' and untrustworthy. Bit of a shame really.
And if you don't want spamming of pools in your tread, then do not do it yourself! Bad example.

dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:41:17 AM

You should check out his previous history and other complaints before passing judgement on me. He was warned that if he acted inappropriately that there would be consequences.

This is an opportunity to notify the 270+ pool applicants that thought they signed up for a 0% pool that they are now paying 2%

That is all I will say about this topic, I'm sorry if you disagree.
DrMad

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:54:09 AM

You should check out his previous history and other complaints before passing judgement on me. He was warned that if he acted inappropriately that there would be consequences.

This is an opportunity to notify the 270+ pool applicants that thought they signed up for a 0% pool that they are now paying 2%

That is all I will say about this topic, I'm sorry if you disagree.

I fully agree with you that it is not nice to change the pool fee from 0% to 2%.
And it is good to communicate this the community. But not in the way it is done now. Too strong words. People can decide for themselves if they still trust the pool.

The question now is, what will happen if DopeCoin is launched?
Will the people in the Altcoin pool still be able to mine from the start?

Changing pool fees happen all the time, even your third accepted pool (digiminers pool dope.digiminer.net) will change from 0 to 1% after 24hours.
Yes, this is/was announced, but also not from the start and not everywhere, see as an example a quote of your post of today below.
So please, be careful how your bring stuff.

I think DopeCoin has a bright future, as long as everybody can get along.

www.dopecoinpool.com

DopeCoin is expected to face larger than normal server loads as well as increased security threats.
                                 All pools on this OP and on the website have met or exceeded certain load handling and security

With that being said I would highly recommend using different login details for each mining pool you sign up with. Also protect yourself from brute force attacks by using a randomly generated, 24+ character password. http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/   Stay safe Folks!

PRE REGISTER NOW FOLKS!

A special thank you to digiminers for providing the community with a top of the line pool for 0% fees at launch. (Will increase to 1%, 24 hours after launch)

colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:59:39 AM

Looks very interesting!

Some questions....

1) I have signed up to the Official pool - happy to pay 3% mining fee to help
2) I have a Mac. Is it OK to leave all my coins in the official pool until Mac client is release? I will probably go over the limit (whatever that is set to), but is it ok to keep mining even though I have no payout address yet?
3) How long until launch? Cheesy

Thank you in advance!

Cfx.
dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:22:17 AM

Looks very interesting!

Some questions....

2) I have a Mac. Is it OK to leave all my coins in the official pool until Mac client is release? I will probably go over the limit (whatever that is set to), but is it ok to keep mining even though I have no payout address yet?

Thank you in advance!

Cfx.

1. Thank you kindly for your support
2. Yes this situation is perfectly fine.
3. Very soon now, just making sure everything is 100% before official announcement.
whoiis

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:34:56 AM

can you rethink the difficulty retarget time?
with all the multipools jumping on and off it makes a coin really unreliable for ordinary users

imagine we are at 5gh with difficulty x
a giant multipool jumpes on  and net hash rate jumpes to 10gh
now they have 16 hours to find blocks at twice the rate than intentioned (50s)
after 16h the difficulty doubles (2x) and the multipools jump off leaving the remaining miners to find blocks at half the intended rate (200s)  
making it useless to mine for 16h
colinfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:38:34 AM

Looks very interesting!

Some questions....

Thank you in advance!

Cfx.

3. Very soon now, just making sure everything is 100% before official announcement.

Awesome! I can't wait! Brilliant support from the dev here - this is going to be a massive success!
ionelan

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:46:27 AM

when ?
dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:49:38 AM

with all the multipools jumping on and off it makes a coin really unreliable for ordinary users

after 16h the difficulty doubles (2x) and the multipools jump off leaving the remaining miners to find blocks at half the intended rate (200s)  

I appreciate your input,
Careful planning and consideration has gone into the specifications of the coin to help avoid certain pitfalls and to ensure long term growth and minability (is that a word).
There are a lot of what if's that we are unable to accurately predict, however we feel that DopeCoin is in a good position to succeed.
colinfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:02:08 PM

I appreciate your input,
Careful planning and consideration has gone into the specifications of the coin to help avoid certain pitfalls and to ensure long term growth and minability (is that a word).
There are a lot of what if's that we are unable to accurately predict, however we feel that DopeCoin is in a good position to succeed.

Totally agree Cheesy +1
AdamT

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:17:09 PM

Looks very interesting!

Some questions....

Thank you in advance!

Cfx.

Good thing you waited, to avoid getting trampled in the Reddcoin launch yesterday that is.
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:13:47 PM

www.dopecoinpool.com

PRE REGISTER NOW FOLKS!

Yup, I'm staying away hack pools on this one!
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:20:22 PM

I think you are way overreacting on the altcoin pool. That does make you look a bit.... well lets say 'doped-up' and untrustworthy. Bit of a shame really.
And if you don't want spamming of pools in your tread, then do not do it yourself! Bad example.

No way bro he is spot on with this guy
has done it way to many times and ripped people off
i know first hand

dmidos

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:25:10 PM

When you going to launch it? Please add countdown if it possible
colinfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

When you going to launch it? Please add countdown if it possible

Great idea, can set up nice countdown timer here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/create

Cfx.
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:41:59 PM

is it like 1 or 2 hours away or like anotherday
a rough time would be nice
im sitting in front of my computer at midnight falling to sleep waiting to start my miner before bed lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: