Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:51:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOPE] DopeCoin 2.0 - Launching soon  (Read 89378 times)
colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:43:39 PM

is it like 1 or 2 hours away or like anotherday
a rough time would be nice
im sitting in front of my computer at midnight falling to sleep waiting to start my miner before bed lol

Same here lol! Is the launch "imminent", "hours" or a "day" away - i can't wait lol!

We're all ready to go NOW!
dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:52:31 PM

There will be a minimum 12 hour announcement window guys. Making sure everything is 100% before I say it.
Grab some sleep:)
user871710

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:55:20 PM

Great, make a timer when you will announce it, so people dont get confused about different time zones.
dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:15:05 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 02:46:00 PM by dopey

MINING POOLS AVAILABLE RIGHT AT LAUNCH

Official DopeCoin Development Pool (3% fee) (Support DopeCoin Here)

www.dopecoinpool.com

Scryptmined Pool dope.scryptmined.com (2% fee)

Digiminers pool dope.digiminer.net (0% fee)

DopeCoin is expected to face larger than normal server loads as well as increased security threats.
                                 All pools on this OP and on the website have met or exceeded certain load handling and security
                                                   specifications to ensure a safe and secure launch for the community.            

With that being said I would highly recommend using different login details for each mining pool you sign up with. Also protect yourself from brute force attacks by using a randomly generated, 24+ character password. http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/   Stay safe Folks!

PRE REGISTER NOW FOLKS!

A special thank you to digiminers for providing the community with a top of the line pool for 0% fees at launch. (Will increase to 1%, 24 hours after launch)

Beware of AltCoin Pool ran by nbphuoc, this pool operator has practiced shady techniques including spamming this thread announcing 0% fees, gaining several hundred pre registrations and then jacking his rates up to 2%. Your mining efforts are likely not safe here from both a security and reliability standpoint. Additionally I have strong moral issues with this individual trying to take advantage of the community and will not be supporting his "business".

Giving the pool another pump!
saymissme

Activity: 260

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:58:01 PM

hello,i am the idcray pool owner
our pool is ready for launching...

the url is http://115.29.137.154/

it's 1% fee and prop system

we are not use any domain
because the DNS had be hacked in China  Tongue

welcome to our pool
thanks
dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:13:10 PM

Welcome, I am thrilled to see interest from other parts of the world. Glad to have you onboard.
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:29:23 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 04:52:09 PM by Chris180Z

hello,i am the idcray pool owner
our pool is ready for launching...

the url is http://115.29.137.154/

it's 1% fee and prop system

we are not use any domain
because the DNS had be hacked in China  Tongue

welcome to our pool
thanks

Nice, I will mine with you at launch.

It's good to have a even split with mining pools. Spread out the hashing power Smiley.
r0b1nuk

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:48:16 PM

i can vouch for these idcray boys. when ultra coin released (which was diabolical) these guys cracked the pool problem when all the others gave up and saved there launch practically!

Bitrated user: r0b1nuk.
x69an

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:06:35 PM

i can vouch for these idcray boys. when ultra coin released (which was diabolical) these guys cracked the pool problem when all the others gave up and saved there launch practically!

Agree on that, they made an awsome job on that !
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:09:26 PM

+1

I second that!

Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

Great, make a timer when you will announce it, so people dont get confused about different time zones.

that's a good idea

I think this coin is going to be worth the wait, the website looks really good. the community will get behind this cause theres no premine and fair launch, there will be some good early mining but I see some long term value here already. not many coins being released with this much effort put in ahead of launch.

I am going to mine on the development pool to help support dopecoin for doing a fair release, I ask everyone to consider doing the same. they will need some dopecoins to give away for promotions and social media stuff, faucets, etc. and also they deserve to make some $$ along with everyone else.

alternatively consider donating some small amount of dopecoins to the dev fund after you get some mining done if you will be using another pool. with community support we can help dopecoin become a strong player in the market and we will all benefit.

gj on the site and looking forward to release, keep up the good work dopecoin team!

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

Oh btw, Dopey, can you please make sure that your pool will work at the same time you release it?
Be ready to click post and to connect pool at the same time, this will make the launch a lot smoother!
Recent launches have had problems with pools, I've had to wait maybe 30 minutes until the first pool is up. That's very annoying and a lot of people leaves a coin because of it!
mmouse

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:59:00 PM

can you rethink the difficulty retarget time?
with all the multipools jumping on and off it makes a coin really unreliable for ordinary users

imagine we are at 5gh with difficulty x
a giant multipool jumpes on  and net hash rate jumpes to 10gh
now they have 16 hours to find blocks at twice the rate than intentioned (50s)
after 16h the difficulty doubles (2x) and the multipools jump off leaving the remaining miners to find blocks at half the intended rate (200s)  
making it useless to mine for 16h

I'd like to strongly second this. Fixed block counts between difficulty adjustments are the biggest issue with most altcoins.

Quick draft for an alternative: After each block calculate the potential next difficulty. If it's more than +/- 12% off for 5 consecutive blocks, adjust the difficulty immediately with exactly +/- 8%. If the difficulty is unchanged for the last 16 hours, adjust it the normal way.

This way you'll have zero multipool hop-on hop-off problems, I'm sure.
dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

Thanks for the support Jollyburner, I'm glad that others are able to see the same opportunity that I see.

Sparkzor, you bet, the pools are intended to be up right at launch.

mmouse, thanks for your input however this topic has already been addressed.

terracide

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:47:59 PM

with all the multipools jumping on and off it makes a coin really unreliable for ordinary users

after 16h the difficulty doubles (2x) and the multipools jump off leaving the remaining miners to find blocks at half the intended rate (200s)  

I'd like to strongly second this. Fixed block counts between difficulty adjustments are the biggest issue with most altcoins.

Quick draft for an alternative: After each block calculate the potential next difficulty. If it's more than +/- 12% off for 5 consecutive blocks, adjust the difficulty immediately with exactly +/- 8%. If the difficulty is unchanged for the last 16 hours, adjust it the normal way.

Well as long as you do not do it like the PenguinCoin.. it's launched less then 2 hours ago. Got a pool in the OP that was a scammer, and now 50% of all coins are in the hands of a scammer.

HAVE TRUSTED POOLS IN YOUR OP!!

And look at the coin now.. with a diff over 100 approaching not very interresting anymore in a few hours. The coin is already dead for so many reasons. Even with over 4GHS of bandwith the coin can not be saved. Too many coins, to little to mine....  not good.  Please make this coin better.
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:55:53 PM

Well as long as you do not do it like the PenguinCoin.. it's launched less then 2 hours ago. Got a pool in the OP that was a scammer, and now 50% of all coins are in the hands of a scammer.

HAVE TRUSTED POOLS IN YOUR OP!!

And look at the coin now.. with a diff over 100 approaching not very interresting anymore in a few hours. The coin is already dead for so many reasons. Even with over 4GHS of bandwith the coin can not be saved. Too many coins, to little to mine....  not good.  Please make this coin better.

Agreed Penguincoin looks like a car wreck i like mining good coins! show me some hash lol
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:52:44 PM

Very interested. Launching within the day I assume?
Tyson2295

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:52:57 PM

i shall sign up on the official pool Smiley seeing as there is no premine should help support it with that 3% fee Smiley

feynman69!

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:55:03 PM

made some advertising in a german growing site:

http://forum.hanfburg.de/fhb/showthread.php?p=2713566#post2713566

and cant wait for launch.

While i cant spend the whole night at the pc, my question:

can i start the miner and it connect to the server when coin is launched??
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:03:04 PM

On this pool signed up!

Official DopeCoin Development Pool (3% fee) (Support DopeCoin Here)
                                                    www.dopecoinpool.com

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: