Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:28:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any trust worthy dogecoin pool?  (Read 10148 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:50:11 AM

I can confirm that Multipool.us is definitely skimming a good 30% to 50% off.  I have about 15MH/s there even using the highest peak difficulty I should have mined over 120K coins in 24 hours but only got paid for 71K worth.   That would be acceptable if it was a small pool and had high variance but the pool has over 15GH/s.

No point to mining a 200% profit (compared to LTC) coin if the pool steal 50% of your work - you're basically making somebody else rich.
prolom

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:12:47 AM

So what would you recommend instead?

I definitely get more bitcoin on multipool compared to LTC pools I've been using (remember there's a Newbie written under my name)... Not by 200%, but maybe by 20.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 10:08:14 AM

Try https://www.dogepool.net - its there since day 1 - running without flaws, finding blocks and never had a downtime or a problem.

I am going to do a test on this pool to see if it pays out better than the others. I mine at 5.1 m/h, so lets just say 5 m/h. Coinwarz says I should get 39537 doge coins per 24 hour period. I am going to run 6 hours starting at 4 pm Pacific time U.S.

I will have the pool hold all my coins for the 6 hours and I will see what I should have at 10pm. I expect to have, according to Coinwarz, 9884 coins in 6 hours. I bet I have no more than 6000 if that. We will see.

So I have my workers , 5.1 m/h running on dogepool.net, started exactly at 4pm and will end test at 10pm. My worker name on there is tester1  So, Coinwarz says I should expect 39000 per day, Dogepool says at 5100 k/h I will only get 8900??? wth, already a problem. Either they are stealing and letting me know right up front or there is an error in their estimation. Coinwarz says 39k a day and Dogepool says 8k a day. These gd pools!! I bet this one is just as much scam as all of them are.

Sorry, I am dropping this test, I am not wasting 6 hours mining for nothing!! If they say I will only get 8k in 24 hours, effem!! At least on Hashfaster and poolerino it estimates me at 39-40k a day. Dogepool.net is a scam in my books. Not testing this shit!

Well I know from experience that I will only get around 40-60% of what the pool estimate says I should, so if the estimate is 39k a day then I know I will get around 21000 a day, but if the dang pool starts out saying only 8k a day, I just give them the finger and go away like I just did. No thanx, I ain't mining just so you can skim my coins. Wish I was back mining the good coins which actually pay out what the pool and Coinwarz says, like Netcoin, Worldcoin etc. If the prices go up I will. But for now as long as the doge price stays high enough to make even the scamming pools profitable for me I will stay with doge mining and selling.

Hey folks,

the problem is, with DOGECOIN you can make no "real" prediction what someone makes in 24h.

It greatly depends on luck how many blocks the pool finds AND how large the Blocks are which are found is this time.

So drop coinwarz or any estimate you get, it all depends on luck. If any other pool tells you you get 40000 in 24h hours and after 24h you only got 10000 because there were only small blocks found what do you think ? scaaaaaam, the pool is stealing my coins !

But if dogepool.net is telling you you earn about 10000 coins but got 20000 in reality, what is better ? :-)

There are many ways to "tweak" the estimates of the pool software to show crazy values like > 1.000.000 coins a day with 5mh/s, but should I really use that as a pool op to attract people to my pool ? Smiley

The best thing you can do is, search the forums for scam accusations, for downtimes, problems and for reputation of the pool. is the admin actively supporting the pool ? if not, you found the right pool.

https://www.dogepool.net will surely not steal your coins or give you too positive estimates - simply try it out, you'll get exactly the portion you've mined of the block in percent your hashrate is/was. Guaranteed.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 10:35:07 AM

To make it even clearer, here an example with variance, luck and payouts with someone mining at roughly 6mh/s at https://www.dogepool.net :

He earns about 37.000 doge/24h:

As you can see, he earned a lot on Block 67219, very little on Block 68602 and again a resonable amount on Block 68830.
Why is that ?

Here is the explanation:

Block 68602 was only around 26.000 coins.. But he still earned > 35.000 coins in 24h.. with about 6mh/s..

If all three blocks would be around 800.000 coins he would have earned 80.000 DOGE in 24h !

If all three blocks would only be around 25.000 coins he would have earned about 2.400 DOGE in 24h..

Do you now understand why these "predictions" are useless with DOGE ? You simply need to choose a reliable, stable, hacking proof, honest pool.. The rest is luck.

oc
https://www.dogepool.net

CoinBitch

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:51:14 PM

Hello,

i can confirm that behavior too. I tested the 4 biggest doge pools. Everywhere i get 60-70 % of the estimated coins. I hate this so much, that im thinking about selling my hardware (3 sweeet sapphire trix-x oc r9 290). The pool shows my correct hashrate and i have 2 % rejected at a pool and 7-8% at another, but always loose more than 30% of the estimated coins. No Hardware Errors. And yes i know i must be lucky and the difficulty raises, but thats no explanation for me, because i use the raising difficulty in my calculation. I mined a few weeks and my daily payout is alway around 30% under the estimated. When i only need luck for a payout that is the estimated, im asking why there are no days where my payout is 30% over the estimated. I think the pools are getting very rich....
Maybe the solution is the formula for calculating the estimated coins. But i cant find it in the internet. Every calculator seems to use the same formula. Maybe someone here knows the formula?
Sorry for my bad english...
blodyx

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:02:32 PM

is this a normal behavior?

https://i.imgur.com/Bs8su0Y.png

AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:49:03 PM

Try https://www.dogepool.net - its there since day 1 - running without flaws, finding blocks and never had a downtime or a problem.

I am going to do a test on this pool to see if it pays out better than the others. I mine at 5.1 m/h, so lets just say 5 m/h. Coinwarz says I should get 39537 doge coins per 24 hour period. I am going to run 6 hours starting at 4 pm Pacific time U.S.

I will have the pool hold all my coins for the 6 hours and I will see what I should have at 10pm. I expect to have, according to Coinwarz, 9884 coins in 6 hours. I bet I have no more than 6000 if that. We will see.

So I have my workers , 5.1 m/h running on dogepool.net, started exactly at 4pm and will end test at 10pm. My worker name on there is tester1  So, Coinwarz says I should expect 39000 per day, Dogepool says at 5100 k/h I will only get 8900??? wth, already a problem. Either they are stealing and letting me know right up front or there is an error in their estimation. Coinwarz says 39k a day and Dogepool says 8k a day. These gd pools!! I bet this one is just as much scam as all of them are.

Sorry, I am dropping this test, I am not wasting 6 hours mining for nothing!! If they say I will only get 8k in 24 hours, effem!! At least on Hashfaster and poolerino it estimates me at 39-40k a day. Dogepool.net is a scam in my books. Not testing this shit!

Well I know from experience that I will only get around 40-60% of what the pool estimate says I should, so if the estimate is 39k a day then I know I will get around 21000 a day, but if the dang pool starts out saying only 8k a day, I just give them the finger and go away like I just did. No thanx, I ain't mining just so you can skim my coins. Wish I was back mining the good coins which actually pay out what the pool and Coinwarz says, like Netcoin, Worldcoin etc. If the prices go up I will. But for now as long as the doge price stays high enough to make even the scamming pools profitable for me I will stay with doge mining and selling.

Hey folks,

the problem is, with DOGECOIN you can make no "real" prediction what someone makes in 24h.

It greatly depends on luck how many blocks the pool finds AND how large the Blocks are which are found is this time.

So drop coinwarz or any estimate you get, it all depends on luck. If any other pool tells you you get 40000 in 24h hours and after 24h you only got 10000 because there were only small blocks found what do you think ? scaaaaaam, the pool is stealing my coins !

But if dogepool.net is telling you you earn about 10000 coins but got 20000 in reality, what is better ? :-)

There are many ways to "tweak" the estimates of the pool software to show crazy values like > 1.000.000 coins a day with 5mh/s, but should I really use that as a pool op to attract people to my pool ? Smiley

The best thing you can do is, search the forums for scam accusations, for downtimes, problems and for reputation of the pool. is the admin actively supporting the pool ? if not, you found the right pool.

https://www.dogepool.net will surely not steal your coins or give you too positive estimates - simply try it out, you'll get exactly the portion you've mined of the block in percent your hashrate is/was. Guaranteed.
So this problem is unique to doge.Other coins I get are real close to pool and coinwarz estimates everytime! I think these pools are scamming coins from miners.Why is doge pools so different then?Huh
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:56:58 PM

Most of dogecoin pools are scams , whichever pool i tried , i am only getting 50% of coins that i should have made. On multipool.us , i have unconfirmed coins even after 5 days. wtf
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:03:17 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 04:22:57 PM by ajax3592

Hi guys
I have mined at two sites since yesterday using 7970 GPU.
This one: http://doge.netcodepool.org/, i mined there for about 6 hrs and only got 7 coins.
Then i joined https://www.suchcoins.com/ and left my pc on all night. I had a quick check late at night and saw few coins confirmed.
But can't access this website anymore, because its down.

Can anyone from experience plz let me know how many coins should i expect using 7970gpu per hr?
and any good pools which i should join? Thanks

On any pool block % is luck based. During the period you mined we found a lower coin block by luck, next one had thrice as big coin reward.
This is common to all pools, it gets averaged out once you mine for all 24 hours.

Any issues on netcodepool, email:  inaun@netcodepool.org

Btw netcodepool is in mining business since more than a year, much older than any other pools you will find here. We have payed out over 70,550+ LTC over this period to users. 1.1 Billion DOGE have been payed out to miners, that accounts for more than 1% of the total coins.

Also, note that netcodepool is an admin on Dogecoin's official sub-reddit, /r/dogecoin so even the creators trust us Smiley You could have just dropped a mail or approached any online admin on chat.

During the major hack before last week due to which there was one week downtime, our hot wallet was stolen, but we made sure all users got their coins and paid them from our pocket (never made an issue of that) - thus maintaining the record of never loosing a single user's coin.

Always calculate the amount of DOGE you will earn in 24 hours based on your hashes on a website like coinwarz, then based on that join a pool which gets you the closest amount to that.
Make sure you spend atleast 24 hours on a single pool to get correct statistics.

Always research about the pool's history before you mine there for longer duration time, because it involves your "real money".

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:03:22 PM

DOGESLED

Code:
stratum+tcp://http://dogesled.com:22550 -u [DOGECOINADDRESS]
-p anything

Hello everyone, this is not my node but I have been on it for the past few days with great success. Would like to see a few more miners of course though!

Pros

• No transaction fees
  • Low Mining Fees
  • No Registration
  • More Doge / Khash
  • DDOS Resistant
  • Pools Cannot be conned by pool owners (Since they don’t touch any of the Doge)
  • Pools cannot be hacked (Since there is no running balance in any pool wallet)
  • PPLNS so that pool-jumpers will pay the price to jump in when the price rises and loyal miners get the benefits
  • It CANNOT perform a 51% attack on the system since it is decentralized

Cons

• Smaller mining rigs (<200Khash total) operate less efficiently since the payout is smaller
  • Payout is not very consistent, (3-4 hours apart sometimes)
  • Just like any other pool, the more miners, the better it works.
  • Connecting to a node requires you copying your DogeCoin address

If you do not live in the midwest, check out http://p2pool.jir.dk/dogecoin/ to find a list of close P2Pool servers and then ping them from the CMD promt to see which has the best ping to you.

If you have any questions please ask!
AtlantisPlatform

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:14:04 PM

Hi guys
This one: http://doge.netcodepool.org/, i mined there for about 6 hrs and only got 7 coins.
Then i joined https://www.suchcoins.com/ and left my pc on all night. I had a quick check late at night and saw few coins confirmed.

Can anyone from experience plz let me know how many coins should i expect using 7970gpu per hr?

On any pool block % is luck based. During the period you mined we found a lower coin block by luck, next one had thrice as big coin reward.
This is common to all pools, it gets averaged out once you mine for all 24 hours.

Btw netcodepool is in mining business since more than a year, much older than any other pools you will find here. We have payed out over 70,550+ LTC over this period to users. 1.1 Billion DOGE have been payed out to miners, that accounts for more than 1% of the total coins.

Also, note that netcodepool is an admin on Dogecoin's official sub-reddit, /r/dogecoin so even the creators trust us Smiley You could have just dropped a mail or approached any online admin on chat.

During the major hack before last week due to which there was one week downtime, our hot wallet was stolen, but we made sure all users got their coins and paid them from our pocket (never made an issue of that) - thus maintaining the record of never loosing a single user's coin.

Always calculate the amount of DOGE you will earn in 24 hours based on your hashes on a website like coinwarz, then based on that join a pool which gets you the closest amount to that.
Make sure you spend atleast 24 hours on a single pool to get correct statistics.

Always research about the pool's history before you mine there for longer duration time, because it involves your "real money".

Doge pools are scams  in regards to how much they pay out, I mine for 72+ without stopping and am only at 60% of what coinwarz and the pool estimates, percentage is not based on luck after enough time has gone by. Bottom line, doge pools are taking some of your coins and pocketing them. SCAM
zneww

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:15:05 PM

Hi guys

Doge pools are scams  in regards to how much they pay out, I mine for 72+ without stopping and am only at 60% of what coinwarz and the pool estimates, percentage is not based on luck after enough time has gone by. Bottom line, doge pools are taking some of your coins and pocketing them. SCAM

Read my post above you bro. No scam there Smiley
AtlantisPlatform

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:20:18 PM

Hi guys

So your pool will payout close to what Coinwarz estimayes over a 24 hour period?  Your pool won't be 50% or 60% of that???
gerbill

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:25:24 PM

If you need a worthy DOGECOIN pool try http://doge.pool.mn!
also get 5000 DOGECOINS if you'll find a block!
also see my signature for a bitcointalk.org thread where you can get 100 dogecoins just coz we love you  Wink
zneww

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:26:46 PM

The payout has to do with you my man.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:53:50 PM

Hi guys

Doge pools are scams  in regards to how much they pay out, I mine for 72+ without stopping and am only at 60% of what coinwarz and the pool estimates, percentage is not based on luck after enough time has gone by. Bottom line, doge pools are taking some of your coins and pocketing them. SCAM

So your pool will payout close to what Coinwarz estimayes over a 24 hour period?  Your pool won't be 50% or 60% of that???

You did not understand what me and some others wrote before.

You're probably better off mining something else

AtlantisPlatform

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:07:03 AM

Hi guys

Doge pools are scams  in regards to how much they pay out, I mine for 72+ without stopping and am only at 60% of what coinwarz and the pool estimates, percentage is not based on luck after enough time has gone by. Bottom line, doge pools are taking some of your coins and pocketing them. SCAM

So your pool will payout close to what Coinwarz estimayes over a 24 hour period?  Your pool won't be 50% or 60% of that???

I am perfectly capable of deciding what I mine, thank you very much. I along with many others believe that dogepools are scamming unsuspecting and suspecting people. Sorry, I don't buy your snakeoil, I know when I am being scammed.
zneww

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:31:42 AM

Lol.
AtlantisPlatform

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:35:15 AM

Hi guys

Any issues on netcodepool, email:  inaun@netcodepool.org

So your pool will payout close to what Coinwarz estimayes over a 24 hour period?  Your pool won't be 50% or 60% of that???

I am perfectly capable of deciding what I mine, thank you very much. I along with many others believe that dogepools are scamming unsuspecting and suspecting people. Sorry, I don't buy your snakeoil, I know when I am being scammed.

You have no idea how much of a facepalm I had when you failed to realize that coinwarz uses averages of the random block size. It uses the possible values of a block (in the case of dogecoin, that's 0~1,000,000) and picks the middle point (which is 500,000). It is statistically against you earning EVERY SINGLE BLOCK at 500,000. If you don't believe me, look at this:

Now, assuming that a pool is scamming you is completely wrong, because if you look at this:
you'll see that block 72950 only gave out 146,609.71 Ð, and it took more shares to find it compared to the estimate (8,614,905 actual shares, compared to 4,173,662 estimated shares). That means that this specific block took a bit over double the time to mine, and gave out 29~30% of what the estimate of 500,000 was.

Now look at block 72937, see how it gave out 895,594.00 Ð instead of 500,000 Ð that coinwarz predicted? and also look at the shares: it was estimated to need 4,173,662 shares, but only required 199,665 shares; that's ~2090% LESS shares than predicted to be needed, and the payout was ~180% HIGHER than coinwarz estimated; so that block was ~3700% MORE valuable than both the pool and coinwarz predicted.

If this info doesn't prove that the pools aren't scamming you; you should either: solo mine, or find a non-random block value coin. ocminer wasn't selling you snake oil, he was trying to explain that you were seeing this wrongly: the coin has inherently random payouts. it's impossible to predict how much you'll earn in a small period of time.

well keep palming your face instead of that other thing your mama told you to quit doing!! I understand averages, you don't! If the average is 500k, of course you won't hit 500 k every block, duh!! The longterm average should still work out to coinwarz estimates longterm, duh! so no I don't buy your snakeoil either, use it for lubing your facepalmer!
bobasaurus

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:38:07 AM

I've been mining with doge.hash.so recently:

https://doge.hash.so/

My reject rate at dogehouse was about 5%, and it dropped to 1.5% with this pool.  Plus they have tons of interesting statistics, the ability to switch between a few coins, and seem pretty stable. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: