Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:11:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How often do you buy shooting supplies?
Once a year - 0 (0%)
Two-Three times a year - 8 (17%)
Once a month - 11 (23.4%)
Weekly - 2 (4.3%)
Never - 26 (55.3%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a gun guy or girl?  (Read 2139 times)
FreedomFeens (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:04:09 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 02:23:39 PM by FreedomFeens

If you like bitcoin and firearms, if your a 3 gun competition guy, hunter, target shooter for fun, gun totin' self defense guy/gal, please pipe up! I'm trying to get some stats for the community with regard to how many of you enjoy sport shooting.   You can vote in the poll above.  Im trying to gauge interest among the community.

Thanks everybody!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreedomFeens (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:20:04 PM

Yea, considering starting a business for sport shooters that accepts bitcoin but I need market information and this is the best place to get it.  Are you against firearms or something?  The sport shooters industry is a huge industry and I know of only one gunshop (on facebook) that accepts bitcoin. Surely bitcoin users-which are largely libertarian types-enjoy shooting and would like to spend their btc on it directly instead of having to get some kind of gift card.

There was a site that sold bitcoin for ammo but it turned out to be scam.
CoolIT

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:27:47 PM

I don`t think he is for or against guns, but the post might pass off as amusing to some people who live outside of the USA.

For most countries, gun laws are astonishingly strict and people cannot find them easily unless they know people who know the wrong kind of people who are able to get them smuggled.

But in all seriousness, it`s not a bad idea to sell anything for bitcoins as long as you did the proper homework and research regarding your surrounding laws on the topic... However, if it`s the sells of guns, I don`t think the business can be anything else but a local business.
FreedomFeens (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:35:07 PM

I also "kill my own shit".  I find it difficult to the pull the trigger but am thankful to nature for every deer I get.  I love deer meat, it's organic, free range, lean, healthy and delicious when prepared correctly.  I feel sympathy for the animal but it is over quick, it lives a great life for most of it's existence then out of nowhere an object that it never sees quickly and humanely ends its life.  I am a meat eater, i've accepted that fact and I find it inhumane to buy from the grocery stores who support factory farming torture.  If your gonna eat meat you should do it right, the way nature intended.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't want to derail my own thread.

With regard to the legal obligations, of course it would all be done completely legally.

delaro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:39:13 PM

You should have put down a "never" option in the poll so you could see what percentage of people in this form actually own a firearm.
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 02:45:10 PM

Mmmmmmm guns.

I like guns I grew up hunting and shooting... great  tools.

mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:56:24 PM

I am an avid shooter, types hunting, competition and military.  If you start to sell firearms accessories and supplies and even firearms for bitcoins, I and my business partner would be interested.

Mtnminer
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:01:46 PM

Where is the 'Never' option?

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
FreedomFeens (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:23:45 PM

Why do you want to vote never, this thread is for people who do enjoy firearm sports not those that don't.  I've added the option.
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:25:29 PM

I have a concealed carry licence.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:26:04 PM

Never. I lost all my Bitcoins and firearms in a boating accident a while back.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
enygma

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

I don`t think he is for or against guns, but the post might pass off as amusing to some people who live outside of the USA.

It would pass off as amusing to some in the US as well. I'm in Canada and own a small collection of rifles and handguns. I also reload my own ammunition, so I'm frequently buying reloading supplies like primers, gunpowder and projectiles. My next purchase will probably be in a couple weeks. I plan on getting a Trijicon TR24G for one of my bullpup rifles, which is intended for 3Gun and short/medium range hunting.

I'd say that my collection of firearms and ammunition would be considered respectable, even by US standards, and I have friends that are in the same boat.

I have tossed the idea of accepting Bitcoin out to a few guys on the Canadian Gun Nutz forum but got no biters. I just keep a wallet address in my sig line in case anyone wishes to graciously donate bitcoin to help me buy more lead to keep my casting/reloading costs low for some of my high caliber fun... Cheesy

Obligatory "Donate to" vanity address:

1enygmaek8Y4P7U8QFuZdvVASNbHJgxVm
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:34:18 PM

For most countries, gun laws are astonishingly strict

In the USA too.  They have laws (constitution) which makes it astonishingly strict against making laws against guns.  How can you trust a government that wants to take your guns away?  What good could that produce?  

I'd say that my collection of firearms and ammunition would be considered respectable, even by US standards,
Respect.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 03:53:08 PM

The first thing repressive governments do is ban civilians from owning firearms.  Here are just a few characters you may recognize:

Pol Pot
Adolph Hitler
Stalin

Hundreds of MILLIONS murdered by their own governments because they could not defend themselves.  Governments routinely go rogue and attack their own people. Happens time and time again, even in supposedly "good" countries (Germany 1936, anyone?).

Make no mistake, the right to bear arms is the cornerstone of the free world.

Do yourself and your family a favor, get educated about firearms and self-defense, take some courses on the proper use of firearms, and allay your fears.

Fear of firearms is like fear of driving - once you try it and learn it is very freeing.  But if you choose to remain ignorant and scared well then you loose.

I refuse to let anyone take away my natural born "god given" right to self defense.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
jonanon

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:00:35 PM

The first thing repressive governments do is ban civilians from owning firearms.  Here are just a few characters you may recognize:

Pol Pot
Adolph Hitler
Stalin

Hundreds of MILLIONS murdered by their own governments because they could not defend themselves.

Not being American or having to live in America I can safely say that I am thankful I can send my child to school without worrying that they're going to get shot by some lunatic who had a collection of lethal weapons, yet as the lunatic was only 20 years old he still can't legally buy alcohol. Where is the sense in this?
FreedomFeens (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:01:16 PM

I am an avid shooter, types hunting, competition and military.  If you start to sell firearms accessories and supplies and even firearms for bitcoins, I and my business partner would be interested.

Mtnminer

Thank you.  By "interested" do you mean purchasing supplies?  I would be initially offering the most basic and popular items, then expanding outward and taking on more risk as business increases.
FreedomFeens (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:13:10 PM

The first thing repressive governments do is ban civilians from owning firearms.  Here are just a few characters you may recognize:

Pol Pot
Adolph Hitler
Stalin

Hundreds of MILLIONS murdered by their own governments because they could not defend themselves.

Not being American or having to live in America I can safely say that I am thankful I can send my child to school without worrying that they're going to get shot by some lunatic who had a collection of lethal weapons, yet as the lunatic was only 20 years old he still can't legally buy alcohol. Where is the sense in this?

I won't even address the logical fallacies in your argument, that is your responsibility to fix.  Government can't stop lunatics from getting guns, lunatics don't care about laws.  If there is a demand for something, the state cannot stop it. The market is greater than the state.  The state made drugs illegal but can't even keep them out of prisons or schools. 

You don't have to own or buy guns or associate with people who do.  Just don't use the state monopoly of violence to FORCE/threaten/use violence against peaceful people(who aren't harming anyone or anyone's property) who chose to pursue their happiness in a way that you don't like.  By doing so your the immoral aggressor.  By using the political process, your stealing money at gunpoint from everyone to fund your aggression. 

If you are anti gun go talk to your neighbors, start gun safety awareness campaign.  Using the state to do your dirty work-well that's an immoral and spineless thing to do.  If you believe in a cause, advocate for it privately, don't use violence to fund it and enforce it.  People who aren't harming anyone or any property should be left alone.  For example, if you make a law saying that high capacity magazines are banned and I happen to own one and am caught by one of you'r thugs with it, they will fine or imprison me.  I was just minding my business, I didn't hurt anyone or any property.  If I resist or refuse to pay, they will cage and assault me, If I refuse to be assaulted they will kill me.  Where is the victim in all of this?  Some of you who advocate politics don't understand the violence inherent in it.
CoolIT

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:22:22 PM

It would pass off as amusing to some in the US as well. I'm in Canada and own a small collection of rifles and handguns. I also reload my own ammunition, so I'm frequently buying reloading supplies like primers, gunpowder and projectiles. My next purchase will probably be in a couple weeks. I plan on getting a Trijicon TR24G for one of my bullpup rifles, which is intended for 3Gun and short/medium range hunting.

I'd say that my collection of firearms and ammunition would be considered respectable, even by US standards, and I have friends that are in the same boat.

I have tossed the idea of accepting Bitcoin out to a few guys on the Canadian Gun Nutz forum but got no biters. I just keep a wallet address in my sig line in case anyone wishes to graciously donate bitcoin to help me buy more lead to keep my casting/reloading costs low for some of my high caliber fun... Cheesy

I am rather curious about what province you are in.

To my knowledge (which is rather limited on the topic I admit), handguns are illegal to own.
Not that I care as long as the owner is an intelligent and VERY responsible person.

Living in Montreal, I don't think it would be easy for me to acquire a license or a few different type of guns... Reason why I got into traditional archery.
But if I was able to easily get my hands on some, I would love to have some Classics, such as a Mosin bolt action rifle, a PPSH41, STG44 and the good old AK47

In reality, I know I wont get any of them, it's just not in my environment nor would I get out of my way to get any of them.  
jonanon

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:30:37 PM

Pol Pot
Adolph Hitler
Stalin

I won't even address the logical fallacies in your argument, that is your responsibility to fix.  Government can't stop lunatics from getting guns, lunatics don't care about laws.  If there is a demand for something, the state cannot stop it. The market is greater than the state.  The state made drugs illegal but can't even keep them out of prisons or schools. 

You don't have to own or buy guns or associate with people who do.  Just don't use the state monopoly of violence to FORCE/threaten/use violence against peaceful people(who aren't harming anyone or anyone's property) who chose to pursue their happiness in a way that you don't like.  By doing so your the immoral aggressor.  By using the political process, your stealing money at gunpoint from everyone to fund your aggression. 

If you are anti gun go talk to your neighbors, start gun safety awareness campaign.  Using the state to do your dirty work-well that's an immoral and spineless thing to do.  If you believe in a cause, advocate for it privately, don't use violence to fund it and enforce it.  People who aren't harming anyone or any property should be left alone.  For example, if you make a law saying that high capacity magazines are banned and I happen to own one and am caught by one of you'r thugs with it, they will fine or imprison me.  I was just minding my business, I didn't hurt anyone or any property.  If I resist or refuse to pay, they will cage and assault me, If I refuse to be assaulted they will kill me.  Where is the victim in all of this?  Some of you who advocate politics don't understand the violence inherent in it.

I don't really have an opinion in relation to guns to be honest, I just find the American mentality towards the whole matter rather amusing. I have spent many an hour watching some of these pro gun people rattle on about why they 'need' guns - often laughing hysterically at some of the arguments they bring up. My original post was not implying that I am deadly against the ownership of guns - I'm not, I don't care. I was simply stating that I'm glad that I don't have to live in a country where so many people share such absurd, outdated and backward views.
FreedomFeens (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:34:27 PM

Never. I lost all my Bitcoins and firearms in a boating accident a while back.

Sounds familiar.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: