Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Guild - Pay-per-Share Pool  (Read 4573 times)
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 12:07:31 PM

7% PPS?  That's a little ridiculous....

If you want a free PPS pool I suggest arsbitcoin.
Ars is SMPPS not PPS.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:08:41 PM

Hmm well arsbitcoin's not exactly free either.
They also keep the transaction fees.

That's not really a huge deal right now as hardly any blocks have > 0.1 BTC for their total transaction fee.  I will start to care about that more when the fees are totaling over 1 BTC per block on average (2% extra on the block).
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 01:36:24 AM

SMPPS is not the same as PPS.  If an SMPPS pool experiences a string of bad luck, you end up up waiting for backpay.  If a straight PPS pool has bad luck, I have to cover the payouts out of my pocket.  PPS is truly zero variance aside from your individual miners luck with diff-1 shares.  SMPPS is only zero variance as long as the pool has had enough good luck streaks to offset a bad luck streak.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:02:17 AM

SMPPS is not the same as PPS.  If an SMPPS pool experiences a string of bad luck, you end up up waiting for backpay.  If a straight PPS pool has bad luck, I have to cover the payouts out of my pocket.  PPS is truly zero variance aside from your individual miners luck with diff-1 shares.  SMPPS is only zero variance as long as the pool has had enough good luck streaks to offset a bad luck streak.

They're not the same, but at any decent sized pool they're close enough.  Assuming the pool isn't going to disappear overnight, then what's it matter waiting a day or two more to be paid for your work?
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 07:44:58 AM

hi,

do you have any plans for merged mining?

if you want to discuss it i opened a thread a here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44546.0
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 11:50:05 AM

7% PPS?  That's a little ridiculous....

If you want a free PPS pool I suggest arsbitcoin.
Hmm well arsbitcoin's not exactly free either.
They also keep the transaction fees.

Few pools pay their users the transaction fees.
I know Ozcoin ( https://ozco.in/ ) does - (yes they are a free pool by the correct definition of the word) not sure who else does.

https://rfcpool.com/ gives miners block fees too Cheesy

Olly_K

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:49:11 AM

any chance of API funcitonality so I can use my iphone app with this ?
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 01:53:32 PM

API should be sometime today.  I've been too busy at my regular job to get any work done on the pool during the day, and I took my first weekend off after a few months of constantly working Smiley.

Olly_K

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 06:23:07 PM

excellent, as long as I know it's coming Smiley

keep up the good work
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:14:03 PM

API is now up for PPS Guild, you can find your key and a link to the API on your My Account page.  Last share time is being returned as the number of seconds, rather than the HH:MM:SS format BTC Guild's API used, since its easier to manipulate.

If there's any other stats you want, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

Olly_K

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 05:30:22 PM

Thanks !!

I noticed that my API key is the same as my Proportional account.

The app I'm using is called BTCGuild View 1.1 - It does state they are not affiliated with BTCGuild...however, the app seems to be picking up my workers in my proportional account, which are all zero now as I've moved them to the PPS account.

I dont think there's anything you can do to fix that ?

EDIT: just tried it with another app called BTCmon and its the same thing Sad
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 06:59:10 PM

I have not inspected or used any of the API apps, but I would suspect they don't work the same with PPS Guild since the API has added/removed a lot of information related to the workers and account.  PPS Guild has a bit more detail in the API for workers, and the user section is also quite a bit different due to the lack of confirmed/unconfirmed rewards.

I'll see if I can make a secondary API that follows the format I used on BTC Guild, but it won't have the same detail as the full API.

As for picking up your proportional account's workers, there is absolutely no way that can happen unless your API tools are screwing up.  They are completely different databases and have no link between each other.  The URL is different than the BTC Guild API (http://pps.btcguild.com/api.php instead of http://www.btcguild.com/api.php).

Olly_K

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 07:11:50 PM

just checked and confirmed and they are definitely the same......I created a new account for PPS but used the same username.

I have screenshots of my PPS and Prop account pages showing the same API key, but I don't want to post it on the forum.

My API Keys are definitely the same, when I access the api.php pages, all I need to change is the http://pps.btcguild.com/api.php URL bit to http://pps.btcguild.com/api.php and I get a different set of stats......

any thoughts ?
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 08:12:04 PM

The API key itself will be the same if your username is the same.  However, you won't see the stats from one pool on the other pool's API URL, which is what you described ("however, the app seems to be picking up my workers in my proportional account, which are all zero now as I've moved them to the PPS account.").

Olly_K

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:14:07 AM

thanks for the reply. I think its the app's fault as they only point to the prop URL.

hopefully they'll update them, if not I'll just build my own !!!
Olly_K

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 09:23:40 AM

I think the server's crashed Sad All of my miners and pool speed is zero Sad
Olly_K

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:15:45 PM

yeah, I noticed it going up so I'm not panicking too much Cheesy
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:02:39 PM

Just woke up and noticed the issue.  The shares table was setup to use a MEDIUMINT, autoincrementing for counting share IDs.  It overflowed last night, and stopped logging new shares in that table.  However, the shares get logged in two places, once in the shares table which is only used for determining speed and debugging share rejects.  The other table is what gets used to determine payouts (it counts your share submissions per difficulty).  That other table was still functioning perfectly.

Everything is back to normal now, and your miner speeds should be counting back up Smiley.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: