Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins destroyed if unused, to keep bitcoin supply known?  (Read 4675 times)
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 04:56:03 AM

It is only January yet we already have a candidate for the stupidest thread award of 2014...

+1  Cheesy
Got to start early to get that early momentum going to carry you through to the awards show. Cheesy

=squeak=

auzaar

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:22:05 AM

Does it matter if there are X or Y bitcoins in circulation
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:31:55 AM

It is only January yet we already have a candidate for the stupidest thread award of 2014...

+1  Cheesy
Got to start early to get that early momentum going to carry you through to the awards show. Cheesy

=squeak=

lol Tongue
Squeaker

Activity: 450

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:03:37 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 11:39:00 PM by Maged

As much as I get annoyed at the fact that 66% of bitcoins are held by 2% of the users, stealing the bitcoins from them would hurt crypto currencies as a whole... the solution will come from new currencies that are distributed more fairly with new technologies that I believe will eventually replace bitcoin or at least supplement bitcoin.
and who's definition of "fairness" do you suggest it gets modelled by?

=squeak=

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:08:14 PM

WHAT Huh if you dont use your bitcoins they will be destroyed ?! omg tell everybody!
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:29:09 PM

OMG how can people get this wrong collectively. The suggestion would only require to confirm ownership every some years, not to spend them. This would be anonymous and will come anyway in a sense as soon as the current algos become unsafe.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:38:38 PM

OMG how can people get this wrong collectively. The suggestion would only require to confirm ownership every some years, not to spend them. This would be anonymous and will come anyway in a sense as soon as the current algos become unsafe.

Great.  Problem solved.  So can we stop worrying about it and move on to real problems now?
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:57:05 PM

How can bitcoin be destroy ?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:14:16 PM

They aren't getting it wrong, they are just trying to concern troll their way towards a pump of some inflationary scamcoin-of-the-week.
inoob

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:24:59 PM

i'm a frickin noob, and i can tell without a shadow of a doubt THAT DESTROYING COINS NOT IN USE is the dumbest answer possible.

i feel troll'd even responding to this.  Angry
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:32:58 PM

yeah if everyone gets together and detroy there coins then is possible but since we know and feel like its gold that wont happen

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bountygiver

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

When a coin is unused or lost it is not in circulation and therefore will increase the value of the rest of the coins due to scarcity.

12dXW87Hhz3gUsXDDCB8rjJPsWdQzjwnm6
jdun

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:42:58 AM

I've wondered that too. What happens when people lose their passwords, their hard drives crash, etc? Bitcoins inevitably will be lost, and when that happens they can never be recovered right? Eventually, a large portion of the bitcoin blockchain could become unusable?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
oztusk

Activity: 327

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:52:14 AM

unneeded complication. the vitality of economy consists of whatever coin IS in use, thereby regulating itself.

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:12:34 AM

That would a bad idea for some. How would feel if u just found ur lost btc keys only to find u cant use ur btc.

please unban me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: