Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 02:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to gauge the difficulty of LTC vs other scrypt alt-coins  (Read 573 times)
zeuzzz (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:57:02 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 09:45:50 PM by zeuzzz

I've been trying to work out how all the different difficulty charts work for mainly LTC but also all the other alternative scrypt coins. And at the moment I'm completely befuzzled.

I initially assumed that since all the scrypt coins are using the same algorithm that the difficulty is universal between coins. But on reflection of the recent data I've seen it seems that each coin starts with a different difficulty, and the many other scrypt coins that are now emerging are in fact taking away the difficulty from mining LTC as people start re-targetting their GPUs at them. Right?

I'm using these two charts as reference:

bitcoinwisdom

The difficulty chart at multipool (which has been mining doge for the last few days)

I've obviously got a slight gap in my comprehension of how difficulty is calculated amongst multiple coins, can anyone help fill me in?

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7
zeuzzz (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:43:35 PM

Is that second graph unique to dogecoin or multipool?

I'm confused in so many directions lol

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: