Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I plan to help the bitcoin economy.  (Read 1501 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 08:38:49 AM

I like bitcoin and I also support other cryptocurrencies. But bitcoin is currency and was RARELY used for that in the last year. Bitcoin was not designed to make me or you wealthy, was designed for us to get out from bank's control.

Also please keep in mind that bitcoin is unique, the first of it's kind so its problems are unique. I believe that in year 1 bitcoin will be more than $100. But that will happen slowly and only after the economy is very flourishing.

So, the solution I see is that people starts to buy and sell things using bitcoin. I would like to say that since I've opened my store in April, more than 150 people bought from me. But just 10 using bitcoins.
I am not telling to buy from me, my shop is not very interesting for men, which are the most bitcoin users. But in order bitcoin to succed, you hav3e to buy.

I will keep the exchange rate at +1$ even if 1 BTC = $1 and I hope I will be a good incentive. More than this, I can't see what I could do.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 11:50:47 PM

you are absolutely correct, but its difficult for people to have confidence in this currency. Its a gamble by accepting it as form of payment, seeing how quickly value can decline.   Maybe a smarter move for merchants only to accept bitcoin payments or sell goods when value is low, ie: around ~$4 - $6 per bitcoin.  then / when (IF) butcoin value increases, you have made profit off of your sale and profit from the value increase of the coin as well.
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 06:49:26 AM

Bitcoin was not designed to make me or you wealthy,

So true.

was designed for us to get out from bank's control.

And that's where you lost it.  Bitcoin was designed to make Satoshi (and others closer to the top of the pyramid) multi-millionaires at the very least.  All other effects are secondary.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 08:03:18 AM

And that's where you lost it.  Bitcoin was designed to make Satoshi (and others closer to the top of the pyramid) multi-millionaires at the very least.  All other effects are secondary.
[/quote]

you can say the same thing about property owners. land ownership is pyramid scheme too. the landlords know that you and i need their plot of land to rest our heads and raise our families and so they rape us for it. Most of these "owners" did nothing intellectual other than inherit "their" land from relatives who massacred native americans and stole their property.  Good thing all this land went to a good causes such as wal-marts, fudruckers, and mansions.
coined

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 08:04:21 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2011, 08:15:30 AM by coined

Bitcoin was not designed to make me or you wealthy,

So true.

was designed for us to get out from bank's control.

And that's where you lost it.  Bitcoin was designed to make Satoshi (and others closer to the top of the pyramid) multi-millionaires at the very least.  All other effects are secondary.

I think that's the intention with the new scamcoin chains, as they already witnessed the crazy price bitcoins reached, but satoshi the original creator didn't know it could get so much interest, nobody did, the early adopters never thought they could get rich, it was nerdy fun  Grin 70000btc pizza anyone?
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 02:10:47 PM

you are absolutely correct, but its difficult for people to have confidence in this currency. Its a gamble by accepting it as form of payment, seeing how quickly value can decline.   Maybe a smarter move for merchants only to accept bitcoin payments or sell goods when value is low, ie: around ~$4 - $6 per bitcoin.  then / when (IF) butcoin value increases, you have made profit off of your sale and profit from the value increase of the coin as well.

you are absolutely wrong. check how Silk Road hedges btc value for sellers, and maybe you will have a clue.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Minsc

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 02:15:31 PM

fudruckers

Did you ever see the movie Idiocracy?  That restaurant has to change its name to Buttfuckers to stay in business... 500 years from now.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
critmass

Activity: 81
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:45:05 PM

you are absolutely wrong. check how Silk Road hedges btc value for sellers, and maybe you will have a clue.
Since I have no intentions of actually doing this sort of research, please enlighten us.
critmass

Activity: 81
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:45:57 PM

I like bitcoin and I also support other cryptocurrencies. But bitcoin is currency and was RARELY used for that in the last year. Bitcoin was not designed to make me or you wealthy, was designed for us to get out from bank's control.

Also please keep in mind that bitcoin is unique, the first of it's kind so its problems are unique. I believe that in year 1 bitcoin will be more than $100. But that will happen slowly and only after the economy is very flourishing.

So, the solution I see is that people starts to buy and sell things using bitcoin. I would like to say that since I've opened my store in April, more than 150 people bought from me. But just 10 using bitcoins.
I am not telling to buy from me, my shop is not very interesting for men, which are the most bitcoin users. But in order bitcoin to succed, you hav3e to buy.

I will keep the exchange rate at +1$ even if 1 BTC = $1 and I hope I will be a good incentive. More than this, I can't see what I could do.
This is exactly how we are going to develop a stable BTC.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 11:47:17 PM

My Idea: Just do quirky product reviews like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_hf8Vy-4sQ&NR=1
only for products, whos merchants accept BTC to stimulate consumption and show everybody what great stuff you can buy for BTC (like this: http://www.yourrope.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=en)!
cuongnq

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 02:09:23 PM

I have lost a lot of money with bitcoin game Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: