Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:46:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY ITS STEALING MONEY  (Read 2336 times)
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:21:52 PM

For all of those crying and complaining about people that are upset with Cryptsy, how do you expect people to actually TRADE on an EXCHANGE when the site you're using (and paying fees into) is holding funds for 10 minutes or more?

My funds have been scurried away into some back hole in Cryptsy for 20 minutes as I watch the price of LTC go down.

Anyone who has ever made real money off of real sites like BTC-E know that Cryptsy makes it impossible for any true trading to be done. The site is horrible. Remember December when there were over 100 complaints from customers on their forum and not a single response from Bigvern as to an update.

Some customers waited 2-3 weeks for their money to be returned. How can anyone on this forum call this level of service acceptable? Those people that praise Cryptsy must be on their payroll.

BTC-E all the way, Cryptsy can sink into the abyss...

And CRYPTSY ITS DOWN
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:24:56 PM

It is usually way more productive to put in a ticket than rant on the forums but here we go.

We have 20 new servers going in this week. Many online already.

We already have beaten our record trading day of 406k trades and we will likely hit 600k trades today. So its pretty evident we are adding servers non stop. The issue is as we add capacity seems traders trade faster and more frequently not to mention we are still adding new users at about 3000 a day. Currently 140,000 users on Cryptsy.

We have also added 4 more support agents today alone and have more being hired. Sorry if you have had a delay we are working to get to you.
divinity

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:28:08 PM

Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:28:55 PM

It is usually way more productive to put in a ticket than rant on the forums but here we go.

We have 20 new servers going in this week. Many online already.

We already have beaten our record trading day of 406k trades and we will likely hit 600k trades today. So its pretty evident we are adding servers non stop. The issue is as we add capacity seems traders trade faster and more frequently not to mention we are still adding new users at about 3000 a day. Currently 140,000 users on Cryptsy.

We have also added 4 more support agents today alone and have more being hired. Sorry if you have had a delay we are working to get to you.

Its your problem not our. We are paying you A LOT of FEE, so if you cant offer a good service, make it free till it works like suposed to.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

What I dont get is all the money they do make, they need some hardware to keep up with demand. I see it as poor projecting on what is needed for the future.

Yes sometimes you need to wait, but days? I mean come on hundreds of confirmations? Yeah and in the mean time you watch the coin you mined raise and then crash and burn. Leaving you in the hole usually.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:33:18 PM

Poor Projecting? 60 days ago we had 17k users we now have 140k users. I would have called you mad then even if you were right. What I can say is we now project for triple what we got its just a matter of catching up.
maniacmusic

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:36:13 PM

i sent some DVC to Cryptsy and appeared after 29 hours in my dashboard.. even with a carrier pigeon they would arrive faster.. Smiley)
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:36:40 PM

Poor Projecting? 60 days ago we had 17k users we now have 140k users. I would have called you mad then even if you were right. What I can say is we now project for triple what we got its just a matter of catching up.

60 days ago you had btc earning for fee, now you have 10 times that earning... So if you were not so greedy you had used that money for make it work fine.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:37:59 PM

I massive investment has gone into manpower and resources. Sixty days ago the fees hardly paid to keep the lights on.
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:41:19 PM

I massive investment has gone into manpower and resources. Sixty days ago the fees hardly paid to keep the lights on.

0.30% of fee its a fucking very high for EACH trade... and you said you don´t have money? Hahahaha, come on.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:42:57 PM

Its the standard fee on all the exchanges. How much do you think just our bandwidth costs? Lawyers? Employees? Office Space? Compliance reviews?
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:44:22 PM

Its the standard fee on all the exchanges. How much do you think just our bandwidth costs? Lawyers? Employees? Office Space? Compliance reviews?

Enough to not have a better sever Wink joking.
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:45:12 PM

Hahahah, do you really want me to believe your only income are the fee? What about the millons of coins that developers paid to you for listed they alt coins? Come on, we are not stupids.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:47:35 PM

Hrmmm your obviously mistaken about our listing process. You see we list mostly all the coins we can so why would you pay us to get listed? Now mind you we cannot add 40 coins in a day but 3 every other week sure. We just try to pick the ones we think will be the most popular.

Cryptsy was started by a mining pool that became an exchange the goal was to no get ripped off in over the counter trading when tryin to trade alts other exchanges would not carry. Hey turns out it was a good idea.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:51:07 PM

I've waited for hours after cancelling. Before I cancelled a sell and it was more than an hour before the funds returned. Cryptsy is lagging again.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:51:36 PM

Did you contact support?
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:53:38 PM

Hrmmm your obviously mistaken about our listing process. You see we list mostly all the coins we can so why would you pay us to get listed? Now mind you we cannot add 40 coins in a day but 3 every other week sure. We just try to pick the ones we think will be the most popular.

Cryptsy was started by a mining pool that became an exchange the goal was to no get ripped off in over the counter trading when tryin to trade alts other exchanges would not carry. Hey turns out it was a good idea.

alts.bit

made for Cryptsy ....  Wink

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:06:45 PM

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
Imperials

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:21:13 PM

@BitJohn I can say your support is terrible on cryptsy, and at one of the most critical times where people have been stiffed, including myself. What can you say to the fact that many people have lost money due to your server negligence, system delays, balance issues? Was it my fault that I placed an order at night and somehow it got doubled, and I could not cancel and was left with negative balances that I had to pay out of my own pocket? Is that fair, no. I almost sought out legal aid because despite your server crashes and system malfunctions it is not my fault as a trader to bear crytpsy's faults. Yeah for those two weeks what did I get? Automated messages telling me to audit my account (which did not work) and my account unable to trade for a portion of that which made me go crazy thinking I've been scammed, which technically I did. Cryptsy must really be enjoying their profits, as im sure their system is running a lot better.
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

Here is what happens when a hot product is posted to a popular or to popular deal sites. The site lags or crashes, and people "lose money" because they were unable to buy the cheap product while it was in stock. It doesn't matter how big the site is, Dell, Walmart, Amazon, they all get hit at times.

Cryptsy adding more servers and staff will definitely help for most occasions, but they will never be able to prevent mad rushes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: