Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:57:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY ITS STEALING MONEY  (Read 2336 times)
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:24:47 PM

It is usually way more productive to put in a ticket than rant on the forums but here we go.

We have 20 new servers going in this week. Many online already.

We already have beaten our record trading day of 406k trades and we will likely hit 600k trades today. So its pretty evident we are adding servers non stop. The issue is as we add capacity seems traders trade faster and more frequently not to mention we are still adding new users at about 3000 a day. Currently 140,000 users on Cryptsy.

We have also added 4 more support agents today alone and have more being hired. Sorry if you have had a delay we are working to get to you.

Its your problem not our. We are paying you A LOT of FEE, so if you cant offer a good service, make it free till it works like suposed to.

Well I would not go that far, they need income to upgrade. The problem is I dont care too much for the site going down without any kind of explanation, specially for upgrades or maintenance.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:29:29 PM

Here is what happens when a hot product is posted to a popular or to popular deal sites. The site lags or crashes, and people "lose money" because they were unable to buy the cheap product while it was in stock. It doesn't matter how big the site is, Dell, Walmart, Amazon, they all get hit at times.

Cryptsy adding more servers and staff will definitely help for most occasions, but they will never be able to prevent mad rushes.

Did walmart crash on black Friday? Most those sites have very very little down time. I might remind you that those sites listed are NOT EXCHANGES where you buy and sell online. Can I go down the street with my doge coins at a shop and trade them in? Nope. Granted Amazon is online only, but really, you can not even compare and exchange site to an online store.
Now if you had used like the DOW as an example, you would have shot yourself in the foot because many ugly things happen when that goes down.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:30:18 PM

Just cancelled my Lot sell orders, they showed up in my account in under 10 seconds.
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

just cryptsy being cryptsy.  Roll Eyes

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
Mr.V

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:36:12 PM

I lost 1btc on the cite because they froze my balance while one of the coins I was holding was being dumped. When the dump was over I got my coins back, I had a good time watching my money go bye bye... but until another alt exchange pops up we have to deal with their inadequacies

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
Imperials

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:46:14 PM

I lost 1btc on the cite because they froze my balance while one of the coins I was holding was being dumped. When the dump was over I got my coins back, I had a good time watching my money go bye bye... but until another alt exchange pops up we have to deal with their inadequacies

Dealing with their inadequacies out of our own pockets? Yeah lets deal with that for now. Not like cryptsy cares, but if it was their own money im sure they wouldn't hesitate. You're lucky if we get a response.
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:47:24 PM

Here is what happens when a hot product is posted to a popular or to popular deal sites. The site lags or crashes, and people "lose money" because they were unable to buy the cheap product while it was in stock. It doesn't matter how big the site is, Dell, Walmart, Amazon, they all get hit at times.

Cryptsy adding more servers and staff will definitely help for most occasions, but they will never be able to prevent mad rushes.

Did walmart crash on black Friday? Most those sites have very very little down time. I might remind you that those sites listed are NOT EXCHANGES where you buy and sell online. Can I go down the street with my doge coins at a shop and trade them in? Nope. Granted Amazon is online only, but really, you can not even compare and exchange site to an online store.
Now if you had used like the DOW as an example, you would have shot yourself in the foot because many ugly things happen when that goes down.

The point is that those sites are exponentially larger than the startup Cryptsy, and they still go down at times and people still "lose money" as a result. So no matter how big Cryptsy gets, they will still go down when server demand outstrips server supply.
Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:47:32 PM

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
hoju2k

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:00:35 AM

Did you contact support?

That's the problem, support is not respondig my ticket. It's been three days...
wontonforevuh

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:09:32 AM

ITT: Wolf Rainer not understanding basic business.

programerpg

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:15:53 AM

Your balance has returned? Cause I'm having the same problem since yesterday 23/01/2014
Ozmathius01

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:15:07 AM

It has been 5 days since cryptsy lost over 30k of my DOGE coins after a cancelation.

...More than patient...
divinity

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:19:43 AM

It's not like people are investing with a company that I was able to withdraw 2 bitcoins and another guy withdraw *60* bitcoins that weren't ours. If I were the other guy I'd have kept the 60. Smiley

What incompetence, but thanks for the 2 btc.

eyjgvfdhbshm

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:45:16 PM

I've been trading on cryptsy for a while now and I am pleased so far. I can really notice the addition of new servers. Trading speed increased a lot and deposits/withdrawals show up more quickly. Also, there where never any coins missing/stolen that I know of. Again, I am pleased with cryptsy. Wink

Donations will be used for giveaways!
BTC: 1PNmpp4879V1XXXLbFeDTqDjCi8BRz1Tw6 LTC: LSS7UujMWZVDXyhSV2MFGeP8Ae6NYyrox8
PPC: PErALvT7ZXhY9emiNbqPE3buufCEcXwE5u NMC: N55obyUbbtBLsoVkZtsxmgYaLCAc4FtGpt
Mark™

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:47:38 PM

Posting an allegation as serious as this without any legit proofs is baseless and speaks how mature you're, OP.
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:06:44 PM

Posting an allegation as serious as this without any legit proofs is baseless and speaks how mature you're, OP.
Are you serious? This is an 'allegation' to you? Have you ever used Cryptsy before? When it's bad, it's very very bad and people get very upset.

Also, questioning his maturity just made your post very irritating. Uncalled for and extremely irritating.

Go find some other forum for that cliched craptalk.

faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:09:05 PM

I done few trades few minutes back and all done and showing in my account I think there is no problem with this

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: