Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:26:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How high will Dogecoin get? DOGE  (Read 13880 times)
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:02:15 PM

I believe it will grow to .00005 over the next couple of years. I think It will be worth roughly 4-5 US Cents per coin. That's when I plan on selling, and while it's under that price... Im buying.

you know how many *billions* of dogecoin they have already mined, and how many more are coming right?? 6.5% 12B mined in the first 3 days. Once people wake up to what a massive scam this was it's dropping into the toilet.

actually it's already pretty low, but going to "0" may be an eventuality.
holyterrorboss (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:19:48 PM

I believe it will grow to .00005 over the next couple of years. I think It will be worth roughly 4-5 US Cents per coin. That's when I plan on selling, and while it's under that price... Im buying.

you know how many *billions* of dogecoin they have already mined, and how many more are coming right?? 6.5% 12B mined in the first 3 days. Once people wake up to what a massive scam this was it's dropping into the toilet.

The current market cap of bitcoin is over 10 billion. The current market cap for dogecoin is over 62 million. There is over 12 million bitcoins and over 40 billion dogecoins currently. A bitcoin at coinbase is currently worth $800, a dogecoin on cryptsy is currently worth .00000188 BTC which translates between 1/10 and 1/5 of a US penny. Right now I believe there is an infinite number of dogecoin to be mined, which I also believe is being fixed by the developers. Either way, I don't see why some believe it to be completely ludicrous that dogecoin will reach the value of .01 USD.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

doge is not going high, it's going to 1 satoshi
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:55:39 PM

litecoin and dogecoin will change places in three months. It was only three months ago that litecoin was at 100 milion.

LITECOIN not DOGE is the overvalued blip on the historical alt coin radar. 2014 will be the year of the DOGE.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:04:38 PM

litecoin and dogecoin will change places in three months. It was only three months ago that litecoin was at 100 milion.

LITECOIN not DOGE is the overvalued blip on the historical alt coin radar. 2014 will be the year of the DOGE.

As you can probably tell in my previous posts, I fully support dogecoin, but I think you are either joking around or are delirious. Bitcoin has secured it's spot as #1 and Litecoin has secured it's spot at #2, in terms of not just value but popularity. Can dogecoin be #3? Sure why not, but it will never come close to Litecoin.
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:14:40 PM

these buy and sell walls at 185-190 on cryptsy seem to be a price stabilizer
wazzujoel

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:16:32 PM

As you can probably tell in my previous posts, I fully support dogecoin, but I think you are either joking around or are delirious. Bitcoin has secured it's spot as #1 and Litecoin has secured it's spot at #2, in terms of not just value but popularity. Can dogecoin be #3? Sure why not, but it will never come close to Litecoin.

You know I use to believe this as well, but in the last couple weeks I've had my doubts. Mostly because of how active the DOGE coin community is, and because in the last couple weeks DOGE coin has had more trade volume than LTC. This is significant because LTC is a coin that is readily used as a base currency. People buy/sell other coins using LTC and BTC... So that fact alone should cause both BTC and LTC to have the highest trade volume almost always... yet DOGE took over the #2 spot for several days. (I haven't looked at it lately). That's pretty ridiculous stat if you think about it more.

So yeah, you are probably right... LTC will probably always be #2. However I wouldn't bet on it.
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:20:32 PM

The current market cap of bitcoin is over 10 billion. The current market cap for dogecoin is over 62 million. There is over 12 million bitcoins and over 40 billion dogecoins currently. A bitcoin at coinbase is currently worth $800, a dogecoin on cryptsy is currently worth .00000188 BTC which translates between 1/10 and 1/5 of a US penny. Right now I believe there is an infinite number of dogecoin to be mined, which I also believe is being fixed by the developers. Either way, I don't see why some believe it to be completely ludicrous that dogecoin will reach the value of .01 USD.

So in 3 days they mined 12B dogecoin = 120million at 0.01 USD? This would be a new "super" form of premine.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:30:46 PM

1000+ satoshi. The first DOGE bubble was and still is a repeat of what BTC did last April. Except instead of doing it on the $ scale, it did it on the satoshi scale. That means the next big one could be going to 1000+. And of course $ value is going to depend on USD/BTC value. So if BTC goes up plenty too, DOGE could see some retarded high pump peaks in the USD scale.
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:50:12 PM

4 dogecoin addresses contain 26% of all mined dogecoin.  Just 17 addresses cointain over 60% of all mined dogecoin.  

This isn't something I can invest in.

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-dogecoin-addresses.html

holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

You know I use to believe this as well, but in the last couple weeks I've had my doubts. Mostly because of how active the DOGE coin community is, and because in the last couple weeks DOGE coin has had more trade volume than LTC. This is significant because LTC is a coin that is readily used as a base currency. People buy/sell other coins using LTC and BTC... So that fact alone should cause both BTC and LTC to have the highest trade volume almost always... yet DOGE took over the #2 spot for several days. (I haven't looked at it lately). That's pretty ridiculous stat if you think about it more.

So yeah, you are probably right... LTC will probably always be #2. However I wouldn't bet on it.

That's a very good point. I just want it to hit .01 USD and then I will be very happy!
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:53:28 PM

So Litecoin was only 100 million just three short months ago. It has only been a billion dollar coin for three months.... and you call me crazy?Huh?

Dogecoin has passed Litecoin in hashrate and community support in TWO MONTHS and that trend is going to go down and Litecoin is going to recover?Huh

The issue is not that Dogecoin will pass Litecoin, the issue is whether Litecoin can avoid an epic collapse and every alt coin miner abandons it overnight.

Wake up, the doge train is coming at the halving in two weeks.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:56:29 PM

LTC supporters needs to wake up. They just got destroyed by DOGE in two short months, hasrate, volume, community. The game is already over folks it is just the LTC bag holders that haven't figure it out. It will happen overnight, as quickly as LTC went from 100 million to a billion it will be gone.

Baleinium

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:00:56 PM

Yes, but memes have one characteristic: They vanish almost as fast as they appear. I have seen many altcoins coming and going. DOGE doesn't really differ. It stands out because of the silliness of the meme, but surely not because of the skills of its devs.
Dogecoin actually has a larger community than all the other alt-coins put together, including Litecoin. Just sayin..
Baleinium

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:06:13 PM

4 dogecoin addresses contain 26% of all mined dogecoin.  Just 17 addresses cointain over 60% of all mined dogecoin.  

The top 4 are probably exchanges like Cryptsy and Vault of Satoshi.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:39:57 PM

but in two months dogecoin has created 3 times more wallets than litecoin.....
in my view Bitcoin will always be the way to transfer money around the world, but it will be dogecoin not litecoin that we use for buying stuff

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:28:38 PM

So Litecoin was only 100 million just three short months ago. It has only been a billion dollar coin for three months.... and you call me crazy?Huh?

Dogecoin has passed Litecoin in hashrate and community support in TWO MONTHS and that trend is going to go down and Litecoin is going to recover?Huh

The issue is not that Dogecoin will pass Litecoin, the issue is whether Litecoin can avoid an epic collapse and every alt coin miner abandons it overnight.

Wake up, the doge train is coming at the halving in two weeks.

You make a good point, and I love your attitude towards dogecoin. Even though I doubt you, I still hope your right my friend!
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:57:43 PM

The top 4 are probably exchanges like Cryptsy and Vault of Satoshi.

I was not aware of this, very disturbing news. But can it be that these addresses are owned by all the huge exchanges? I hope so.
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:09:10 PM

After checking out the same site, compared bitcoin, dogecoin, litecoin and peercoin. It seems like all currencies are relatively in the same boat. I think this is just the huge wallets for exchanges. That gave me a scare though.
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:39:13 AM

So when Bitcoin was about 7 weeks old what percentage of Bitcoin addresses contained a majority of the Bitcoins mined at that time?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║