Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy now or wait ? $41,000 to invest in bitcoins and litecoins  (Read 10257 times)
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:08:16 PM

you should definitely keep some in liquid cash that you can access right away...you don't want to tie up all your money in crypto.  Yes, I know you can cash out pretty quickly if need be, but it is not yet the same as having cash on hand or in a checking account.   Diversification is key...

Depends on your comfort level.

Diversifying gets you 70k upside, or 20k if everything tanks, a nice little hedge for the long term investor that likes to not look at his computer at midnight.

letting it ride gets you 400k upside or 0 if your choice tanks, the choice of someone that may be tired of the long march towards his age 65, 1.2 million savings target.

I have some existing traditional investments that have got me exactly what you would expect over the last ten years. Average returns and an average progress towards retirement.

But in the past six months I am all in with new investment dollars into crypto. I am not going to stand by like I did with Apple, Netflix, Google and other great investments, and watch them all do great in my 2% of ownership diversified holding.

I am riding Bitcoin or other Cryptos (DOGE Smiley until tehy go to the moon or until the go to zero, one or the other. In two years, I will either be in the same place I am now, which is 20 years from retirement, or my life will be totally different. I do not see another opportunity like Bitcoin, and haven't as long as I can remember.

Diversification is for those that are planning to retire when they are 65, I have never met a single average guy that paid for their house in a year with a diversification strategy. Whether it was a business they built, or an investment strategy they chased, they were all in. Just saying.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:24:19 PM

you should definitely keep some in liquid cash that you can access right away...you don't want to tie up all your money in crypto.  Yes, I know you can cash out pretty quickly if need be, but it is not yet the same as having cash on hand or in a checking account.   Diversification is key...

Depends on your comfort level.

Diversifying gets you 70k upside, or 20k if everything tanks, a nice little hedge for the long term investor that likes to not look at his computer at midnight.

letting it ride gets you 400k upside or 0 if your choice tanks, the choice of someone that may be tired of the long march towards his age 65, 1.2 million savings target.

I have some existing traditional investments that have got me exactly what you would expect over the last ten years. Average returns and an average progress towards retirement.

But in the past six months I am all in with new investment dollars into crypto. I am not going to stand by like I did with Apple, Netflix, Google and other great investments, and watch them all do great in my 2% of ownership diversified holding.

I am riding Bitcoin or other Cryptos (DOGE Smiley until tehy go to the moon or until the go to zero, one or the other. In two years, I will either be in the same place I am now, which is 20 years from retirement, or my life will be totally different. I do not see another opportunity like Bitcoin, and haven't as long as I can remember.

Diversification is for those that are planning to retire when they are 65, I have never met a single average guy that paid for their house in a year with a diversification strategy. Whether it was a business they built, or an investment strategy they chased, they were all in. Just saying.

I love it. I share this enthusiasm for the great opportunity we have before us.

OP you will have to decide for yourself.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
bitcoinwebdesigner

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 11:27:02 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 11:36:38 PM by bitcoinwebdesigner

Ever heard of the saying, Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:28:37 PM

Ever heard of the saying, Don't put all your money in 1 basket.

I thought it was eggs... Huh

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:13:06 AM

Ever heard of the saying, Don't put all your money in 1 basket.

I thought it was eggs... Huh
'

It is Grin
globalgaurav

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:48:00 PM

Elegant  Smiley
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:00:29 PM

I would go with one ASIC mined coin, one gpu mined coin, and one CPU mined coin. Any of the three families could take off.

So get 40% BTC
30% ltc (or doge seems to be popular these days
30% quarkcoin or fairquark

I diversify in this manner at least, although tending towards btc alternatives more so.

Producer
mekanical

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:39:39 PM

I would most certainly wait
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 03:46:32 AM

Learn enough about it so that you're not asking strangers (with urgency) on what to do with your money.
Buy some to hold and some to transact with so that you get some real world experience before going "all in" (or such a high amount in).
Get some financial advice, books, courses, anything to help you in making informed decisions.

Wish you well and prosperity.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
travel-trousers

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

How much can you afford to lose?

Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:19:43 PM

Don't invest in altcoins that aren't really innovative, all of them will become worthless. We don't need Dogecoin or Litecoin when we already have Bitcoin. The only one with potential of being worth a lot is Nxt, if PoS is really as secure and efficient as it seems.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:26:36 PM

How much can you afford to lose?

you definitely don't want to be looking at it this way. Yes, every investment has the potential of going south, but if you are going into it with the mentality that you are going to lose money, you would be better off investing in CDs or something with guaranteed returns (although the returns in a year are about the amount of returns you could get in less than a day with crytpos
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:42:51 AM

Bitcoin is going to crash. Investing now, is signing your own death sentence mine friend.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:47:10 AM

Ripple: First centralized coin, funded by Google. Very cheap and a promising future.
DOGE: Didn't like it at first, but this coin has proven itself to be good, buy some while it's cheap.

Ripple is not "funded by Google" and Doge hasnt been "proven" to be anything its barely a month old
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:16:38 AM

Ripple: First centralized coin, funded by Google. Very cheap and a promising future.
DOGE: Didn't like it at first, but this coin has proven itself to be good, buy some while it's cheap.

Ripple is not "funded by Google" and Doge hasnt been "proven" to be anything its barely a month old

Nobody will remember Dogecoin in a year.
EventualCoinMillionaire

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:36:01 AM

Don't listen to the sheep (no offense baaaahhhh) about putting all your money into Doge or Litecoin or spread your risk by buying 1 GPU coin, 1 CPU coin and 1 ASIC coin. There is no logical basis for any of that advice and comes from people that don't understand Bitcoin well enough except to provide heresay/rumour/snake oil advice on Bitcoin competitors (all the ALTs).

Also don't listen to the hype about moving your entire life into crypto currencies either as that would not be wise considering that the vast majority of the planet deals with fiat currencies (as imperfect as they are). There are definitely SOME people that are living entirely in this alternative universe of crypto currencies (like Bitcoin Jesus), but also understand that they probably watch Bitcoin value on a daily basis and have cold sweats when a major exchange is ready to implode (like MtGox for example). BTC value is inherently volatile, both in it's design and because it can't be regulated.

If you are prepared to spend 40k in this new frontier, then ask yourself if you are also prepared to spend the equivalent amount in gold or silver, or rubles, or yen, or any other globally accepted trading medium. Why not buy Coca cola stocks or Walmart or maybe buy a few shares of Warren Buffet's stocks? Or how about buy a piece of land in your city and speculate? Or buy a pre-sale apartment and sell for profit? Or how about invest in a startup? Or invest in your own education and earn more money? Or .. well the list goes on and on.

Bitcoin is still valued AGAINST fiats, and NOT the other way around (ie: USD are not valued in Bitcoins YET) so that should tell you that a tectonic global shift hasn't yet occurred in global Bitcoin awareness.
BUUUUTTT.. and it's a big one, even though it's VERY early days for Bitcoin, it's already at around 900 USD now.. and that's with the early adopters, geeks, crypto enthusiasts, and miners.  Has that price been artificially inflated? Is the whole Bitcoin movement run by hackers and coders and greasy haired bankers?

Many people don't know what to do. Part of the reason for this hesitance is that Bitcoin is technically more complex then say USD.  The basis for the currency (if we can call it that) is fundamentally different from everything else we have ever used before. It can't be centrally controlled, it can't be faked, it can't be double spent, and the entire spending ledger itself is public domain. It's almost as if someone took the central bank of an entire nation and posted every transaction for public scrutiny (a wet dream some still think will happen)

If all you want to do is grow your wealth, then it's probably worth listening to the 2nd richest man in the world who grew his own fortunes from scratch (so MAAAYYBEE he has something good to say? duh). On Warren Buffet's Investment checklist: Don't invest in something you don't understand.

If you are here asking for what to do with your 41k and if you should invest your money in Bitcoins (or whatever), then it's obvious you don't understand the implications of buying Bitcoins yet, so buy only as much as you would be willing to purchase in USD and freely give away to anyone on this forum (as a gift for example) and then keep researching.

Oh, also don't take my advice cause I'm a sheep too

BTC 1juX6F2mgRCMS6meMmH8yjtDXD16GwVfm
DOGE DFznCPX2usMnxzVto2hmcMckhPGyXWVXrZ
RDD RcCqrHqmVh1jF197psMBiYPGdtnoQwREVQ
Deprecate

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:41:38 AM

Where is your source? Google did invest in Ripple, they funded the company behind the distribution exchange.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 11:44:16 AM

Where is your source? Google did invest in Ripple, it's a fact...

I don't think Google knows they did

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

Invest now into bitcoin, litecoin, primecoin and dogecoin......... but be prepare to average down...
DennisD7

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:14:25 PM

I'd do a 10 week Dollar cost averaging and put everything in Bitcoin.
Not saying you should, just what I would do Smiley

Proud ASIC miner and long term Bitcoin investor
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: