Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:35:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone been able to contact Minersource.net?  (Read 9683 times)
dottom

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:14:45 AM

Assuming free electricity, and *decreasing* difficulty changes, at your most optimistic outlook, you'll be lucky to recoup $2k back per machine even if you receive them May 1.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sj985 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:05:12 PM

Just a thought on this one. Having recently spoken to Minersource via Skype (I'm UK-based so didn't fancy a long distance phone call), and they providing me with an update regarding my order, I generally feel quite satisfied with the response I received. That said, I heard what I wanted to hear, which was that my order was safely received, payment squared up and that my preorder from December would be delivered on 24th Feb (as promised).

However, I am still somewhat nervous about the whole affair. No longer to the point where I'm tearing my hair out... I'm starting to find it mildly comical, considering I've parted with my hard-earned cash and I may not (or may!) receive a unit by the end of the month. Who knows...

Essentially, I've got a partial fallback plan in place. I know that Minersource are based in Colorado, so in terms of protecting my business transaction with Minersource, the UK's 'Trading Standards' are unlikely to do anything about it. However, having done a bit of research into it, if the units don't turn up in a timely fashion, I will more than happily go to the Better Business Bureau and do what I can to take Minersource to the cleaners. If they don't deliver the goods, I'll make god damn sure I get my money back.

Period.

When did you call them, because nothing is shipping on February 24th.

Batch 1s are delayed until May.

Interesting... well I spoke to them a few weeks ago. My order was placed for Batch 1, Round 1 (whichever order it's done in, not sure), to be delivered in February 2014 . Since then, they moved onto Batch 1, Round 2? (please correct me if I'm wrong here)... and if you were to place an order today, you'd be buying into Batch 2, which don't ship until May 2014. That's as I understood it anyway, although as I said, if my facts are wrong, I'm happy to be corrected.

Perhaps some public clarification from Minersource would be warmly received.  Roll Eyes
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 07:37:56 PM

Email sent to Black Arrow Customers(meaning Minersource will be affected as well):

Dear Xxxxxx,

We have to inform you that our schedule to manufacture and assemble the system has been disrupted and we are unable to make delivery of the Batch 1 Minion ASIC chip on the initial scheduled date (end of February). We are now expecting to dispatch all Batch 1 orders on 1st of May 2014.
Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets. However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience.
Without this delay we would have achieved 1.5W/Ghash which would have meant that our chip would not have been competitive at all.
We have now finalized the design process using our newly improved code and will start manufacturing the chip (tape out) in the next few days.
We are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption. We confirm that our latest improved design has the following technical specifications:
·0.75w/Ghash on TT corner @ 25C which is expected to run at 120Ghash/sec.
·SS corner will be 0.6w/ghash and will run at 100Ghash.
·A further underclocking and underpower should be possible and should yield 80Ghash @ 0.5W/ghash. However, please note that this is not guaranteed to work stable.
Please note, that a further push for improvement in the optimization process would have guaranteed further delays for at least 1-2 months.
It is no secret to us that the Bitcoin mining process is proving to be more and more difficult every day. To compensate our loyal customer for the unforeseen delay of in delivering our miners for batch 1, we are happy to offer free extra hashing power which consists of 25% of your purchased hashing power from our Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months.
The account for the tape-out has been settled in full and we are confident that the delivery will be completed shortly.
We are taking all the necessary measures and positive actions to expedite delivery to you as soon possible and we are confident that we have the resources to be successful.
Please note:
·We estimate that the delivery for the Batch1 will coincide with the delivery of the Batch2
·The delivery of Batch2 remains unchanged
·The one-off offer presented above is open to the customers who placed orders for Batch1
Sincerely,
The Black Arrow Software Team

So basically Black Arrow website customers will get free hashing power for 4 months, while Minersource customers could potentially get a hot turd in a blanket and a smack in the dick.

We're awaiting word from Bobsag3(owner of Minersource) who met with Black Arrow officials to see proper compensation and/or proper refund processing.

You can see the drama unfold on the main Black Arrow thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294197.1600

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
sj985 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:00:47 AM

Email sent to Black Arrow Customers(meaning Minersource will be affected as well):

Dear Xxxxxx,

We have to inform you that our schedule to manufacture and assemble the system has been disrupted and we are unable to make delivery of the Batch 1 Minion ASIC chip on the initial scheduled date (end of February). We are now expecting to dispatch all Batch 1 orders on 1st of May 2014.
Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets. However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience.
Without this delay we would have achieved 1.5W/Ghash which would have meant that our chip would not have been competitive at all.
We have now finalized the design process using our newly improved code and will start manufacturing the chip (tape out) in the next few days.
We are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption. We confirm that our latest improved design has the following technical specifications:
·0.75w/Ghash on TT corner @ 25C which is expected to run at 120Ghash/sec.
·SS corner will be 0.6w/ghash and will run at 100Ghash.
·A further underclocking and underpower should be possible and should yield 80Ghash @ 0.5W/ghash. However, please note that this is not guaranteed to work stable.
Please note, that a further push for improvement in the optimization process would have guaranteed further delays for at least 1-2 months.
It is no secret to us that the Bitcoin mining process is proving to be more and more difficult every day. To compensate our loyal customer for the unforeseen delay of in delivering our miners for batch 1, we are happy to offer free extra hashing power which consists of 25% of your purchased hashing power from our Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months.
The account for the tape-out has been settled in full and we are confident that the delivery will be completed shortly.
We are taking all the necessary measures and positive actions to expedite delivery to you as soon possible and we are confident that we have the resources to be successful.
Please note:
·We estimate that the delivery for the Batch1 will coincide with the delivery of the Batch2
·The delivery of Batch2 remains unchanged
·The one-off offer presented above is open to the customers who placed orders for Batch1
Sincerely,
The Black Arrow Software Team

So basically Black Arrow website customers will get free hashing power for 4 months, while Minersource customers could potentially get a hot turd in a blanket and a smack in the dick.

We're awaiting word from Bobsag3(owner of Minersource) who met with Black Arrow officials to see proper compensation and/or proper refund processing.

You can see the drama unfold on the main Black Arrow thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294197.1600

Nice one for this, much appreciated.

Shame I had to find out about this on the forum (as well as from Black Arrow) as opposed to being informed by Minersource, especially as they told me a few weeks ago that my order was ready to go in February.

Hot turds in blankets sounds about right... It's just fucking grand isn't it. I seem to think that I justified preorders a couple of months back, and I remember reading horror stories about Butterfly Labs. Looks like my pessimism is here to stay.

Roll on May for the next push-back  Angry
murfis

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:23:54 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 05:00:25 PM by murfis

well, i placed an order for the XFX RADEON R9 280X 3GB on wednesday or tuesday(i forgot) because they had a glitch on their site and it was listed at only 0.1045BTC. so about an hour after getting my confirmation, i get an email saying the order was cancelled and all that and they asked me if i wanted a refund... well i said duh! to make sure they give me back the right amount, i sent them a request through coinbase... they refused and they asked to provide them with a btc address. i did right after i got the email back on thursday, and still NO refund yet. i emailed a million times to ask what's up with my refund, but no answers whatsoever!
at this point they didn't even try o give me an update on the order i placed for the Prospero-1 back on Jan2nd.
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:15:22 PM

I address this message to @bobsag3,

I sent you a refund request in my last email. And haven't got any answer (no surprise). Are you playing games or doing business? Please confirm the receipt and processing of the refund request! I need my money back!

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:37:35 AM

Wow, been holding off on these miners wondering if they'd deliver on time. Now thinking I don't have the patience for mining in what should be a simple process. Does anyone actually make money mining or should I say more than if they invested it directly in coins? It seems that everyone suggesting they had a ROI actually mean that there coin went up by the same cost as the mining equipment.

sj985 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:46:28 PM

I address this message to @bobsag3,

I sent you a refund request in my last email. And haven't got any answer (no surprise). Are you playing games or doing business? Please confirm the receipt and processing of the refund request! I need my money back!

Wow... well, best of luck to you my man...

If you hear back, let us know. Fingers crossed you get a swift response.

Don't hold your breath Wink
brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:17:10 PM

I haven't done great, but I was able to buy some gifts for my parents with BTC I got from mining. Your amount of gain is going to be commensurate with how much you decide to invest in the business. Whether you buy the coins or the mining equipment is a gamble either way. 

Wow, been holding off on these miners wondering if they'd deliver on time. Now thinking I don't have the patience for mining in what should be a simple process. Does anyone actually make money mining or should I say more than if they invested it directly in coins? It seems that everyone suggesting they had a ROI actually mean that there coin went up by the same cost as the mining equipment.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
vilgem

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:45:46 AM

I still have a problem with getting my money back from Minerssource. They sent me a refund wire without providing my account number. So the wire was sent back to Minersource on 02/26/2014 (banks do so when they can't identify the beneficiary). I wrote many emails/PMs to @bobsag3 personally and Minersource support asking to resend the wire but got no single response in a week. It looks like Minersource owner is a scammer and he will have very serious legal problems soon. Do not trust your money to Minersource! You will see neither ordered goods nor money and will have to file a lawsuite against this company to get your money back.

vilgem

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:25:31 AM

Finally I got a refund but I'm really disappointed with this company. They must change the way they support their customers and start to respond to emails.

sj985 (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:34:05 PM

They must change the way they support their customers and start to respond to emails.

Agree 100%.

By the way, just a question this time....  (I've done my fair share of complaining over recent months!)

In case it isn't already common knowledge, Minersource.net has now migrated over to a new platform/website, which is grand. I noticed at the bottom of the page that it mentions orders from the old site are being imported into the new site.

Has anyone had their order migrated into the new site yet?
dandirk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:10:12 PM

I ordered an antminer through them end of last month and received it in a timely fashion (weds last week).

They emailed me for pool info to setup the antminer before shipping.

So they are doing business...
awaxx42

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:03:20 AM

I've a problem with minersource.net, i've sent the money by wire transfer with the order number, but when i ask them to verify. They tell me they have not received the money :/
my bank tell me they have the money since the 11 march!
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:50:27 PM

I just got my full refund for a gridseed that din't ship on 3/14.  The guy definitely responds by email and it is definitely a legitimate company.
If someone is having an issue than I doubt it is because of this company.
I would be surprised if any other retailers actually issue refunds 1 business day later. 
Great company. 
awaxx42

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:58:16 PM

I've a problem with minersource.net, i've sent the money by wire transfer with the order number, but when i ask them to verify. They tell me they have not received the money :/

The support has always reply to each of my questions! they are serious i think.

I was wrong, they just received the money today!, now I hope I'll receive my order quickly!

signed of a COINEX victim.
sj985 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:42:42 PM

The support has always reply to each of my questions! they are serious i think.

I was wrong, they just received the money today!, now I hope I'll receive my order quickly!

signed of a COINEX victim.

Yeah, it looks like Minersource are getting their act together. I emailed them this morning for an update (I sent a new email as opposed to a 12-long email chain) and got a response by midday.

I don't want to say it's luck of the draw as to whether your emails get answered, but I was very surprised (and tentatively impressed) that it seems like they're finally getting a grip on their customer service.

Nice one Minersource, most pleased you got back to me so quickly.  Cool
DocGonzzo

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:46:27 PM

I've never really had trouble getting in touch with them, they weren't as prompt about their delivery as they said they would be, but they got me an S1 and PSU (albeit about 5 days late)
baileys2611

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:07:59 AM

I don't recommend minersource.net. 

First up, I'm disappointed that it has close to A MONTH for my order to come to me.  Matt @ minersource told me on March 12 that my order was shipping that night and it didn't go out until close to 10 days afterwards.  USPS records show that.

Second, they didn't ship U2 miners as we agreed, they shipped U1 miners.  We had agreed that U2 miners would be shipped, given the reduction in price for the U1 miners while I was waiting for the deposit to be confirmed.

What's most disappointing is that they responded to me while the money was pending but now that they have my money they are silent and did not ship what I asked for.

I won't be using them store again and I will be spreading the news that they are unreliable.  Not that it makes any difference to them at all as they don't seem to be responding to me.

If this were Paypal I would be asking for my money back.  It's stores like this that make dealing over the Internet a risky one, and probably why Bitcoin isn't going to succeed as a currency.  Their store doesn't give people like me any confidence in doing business with Bitcoin.

Very disappointing.  Angry
sj985 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:47:01 PM

I don't want to detract too much from the above post... apologies this has happened. As tough as it might be, I don't necessarily think it's worth going on a vendetta against Minersource. I had the same frustrations at first, mainly because they weren't particularly upfront about the delays they were experiencing. But ultimately, I'm not here to dictate what others should and shouldn't do  Lips sealed

I've just spotted the 'new' new Minersource site, so we're now on version 3 I believe?

It mentions that previous orders for the Prospero X-miners are being migrated over to the new platform. Has anyone that placed an order on the 'BigCommerce' platform had their Prospero orders migrated across yet? (i.e. receiving an email invite for the new site?)

Cheers  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: