Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:28:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone been able to contact Minersource.net?  (Read 9683 times)
sj985 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:13:23 AM

Hi all,

I really didn't want to do this, but I feel compelled to start a new thread to find out whether people have had any luck contacting Minersource recently.

I've posted in another old/archived Newbie thread but I can't seem to reply to it any more.

Since the beginning of the year, I have been tearing my f***ing hair out trying to contact someone at Minersource regarding an update with my order. Long story short, after paying for the order on the old site, it is now showing my order as cancelled, and I have no way of checking progress of my order on the new site, as my order has not been migrated across.

I preordered for despatch on 24th February, but I have no goddamn idea whether my order has been successfully received. It's been paid for (which is great!) but I have not a clue whether it is going to be shipped in Feb or not.

I have emailed Minersource relentlessly(!) but not received a reply. I've tried contacting bobsag3, and have been asked for an order number. That was over a week ago, and now my PMs aren't being replied to.

Minersource - sort it out! All I want is an order update. You're happy to take my hard-earned cash but at least show me the courtesy of giving me an update with my order please. At least confirm you've received my payment and confirm my order will be shipped.

I appreciate you're busy, but take a few minutes out and have the decency to reply to my messages (please).

Angry
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:52:08 AM

There's a link to the old site at the bottom of the home page of the new site

sj985 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:57:40 AM

Long story short, after paying for the order on the old site, it is now showing my order as cancelled

As mentioned in my original post, this is the problem I want addressed...

My order has been paid for (on the old site), and now the order status is showing as 'Cancelled'. So from my perspective, Minersource have taken my payment and cancelled the order.
codestar2073

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:16:15 AM

Thanks for the info!
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:21:49 AM

sorry about that op. hope it gets sorted

sj985 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:13:21 AM

sorry about that op. hope it gets sorted

Cheers. I hope no-one else has to go through this ordeal.

Impressions so far is that Minersource is a Mickey Mouse outfit...
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:43:36 PM

I placed an order on Dec 10th, sent an email to them to get the BTC payment arranged and still to this date have never heard anything back.

brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:57:06 PM

This is disappointing to hear, I was planning on placing a pre-order next week.

Have you tried the phone number or contacting BlackArrowIT?  If Minersource is skipping out on buyers then they should probably be notified abut it.

Miner Hosting LLC, Phone: +1-573-202-0370

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
DarkStar1

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:24:29 PM

I have called Matt @ Minersource on several occasions and he has ALWAYS returned my call within a reasonable period of time. They tracked down my order when I had questions and answered everything quickly.

I'm sorry your having issues, but my experience has been the exact opposite.

The number is 573-202-0370.
sj985 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:58:51 PM

I have called Matt @ Minersource on several occasions and he has ALWAYS returned my call within a reasonable period of time. They tracked down my order when I had questions and answered everything quickly.

I'm sorry your having issues, but my experience has been the exact opposite.

The number is 573-202-0370.

Thanks for this - I've been on a bit of a rampage over the past few weeks and decided to visit as many places as I could and raise a bit of awareness about Minersource.

When I first placed the order, most correspondence was received incredibly quickly, and I honestly cannot complain about them when it comes to placing an order. It was painless and hassle-free.

The only thing that caused me major problems was that I placed my order on the old website, and when the new site was created, it looks like the 'old site' orders were cancelled (not sure if I'm alone here, but if anyone else had a similar issue, it would be great to know).

Naturally, having paid out a fair amount of cash for my preorder, I wanted to make sure that my order and payment were safely received and that I would receive my products around the specified despatch date. So after about 5 weeks of emails/PM's on the forums not being replied to (hint hint, Minersource!), I decided to take the initiative and call them up. Spoke to a friendly guy there who explained that they are insanely busy at the moment, hence emails and stuff not being replied to.

Arguably, that's not my problem and is not the best of excuses for not replying to a 5-week old email, but hey, they were really friendly on the phone and said that they were doing their absolute best to reply to emails and to migrate order data from the old site and into the new. Finally, after locating my order, they confirmed that everything was squared up and I was good to go. I was happier knowing that I finally had a simple answer I've been furiously trying to get hold of for weeks.

Generally speaking, if you're having problems contacting them, phone them up. You'll save yourself a lot of ball-ache and will most likely get the answers you're looking for.

So... all's well that ends well. Shame it took this long but we got there in the end.

Cool
brioche

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:17:32 PM

So... all's well that ends well. Shame it took this long but we got there in the end.

Cool

I'm glad things worked out for you, guess I'll place my order now.

North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:53:48 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 02:04:45 AM by vilgem

Their customer support is really bad. I'm wondering how many employees are currently working at the company? They claim to be an official distributor of Black Arrow product in the US but it seems like the business is not yet well organized. I really don't like when someone just ignores me emails. Especially someone who I paid my money for any reason. A customer who pays money pre-ordering something is supposed to be a bit nervous - because the money has gone but the purchased product is still yet to come.

My story. I made two orders and paid for both of them by wire. The interval between payments was three weeks. They got the first payments and didn't get the second one. Both payments were made by a template - they are absolutelly the same except for order numbers. I wrote several emails (actually about a dozen) and even got several very short replys. They claimed that they haven't got my wire yet. I requested a SWIFT-document at my bank that proofs my payment and sent it to minersource. No response in one business day.

A good customer support is a key to a successfull business, guys.

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
brioche

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:19:59 PM

Their customer support is really bad. I'm wondering how many employees are currently working at the company? They claim to be an official distributor of Black Arrow product in the US but it seems like the business is not yet well organized. I really don't like when someone just ignores me emails. Especially someone who I paid my money for any reason. A customer who pays money pre-ordering something is supposed to be a bit nervous - because the money has gone but the purchased product is still yet to come.

My story. I made two orders and paid for both of them by wire. The interval between payments was three weeks. They got the first payments and didn't get the second one. Both payments were made by a template - they are absolutely the same except for order numbers. I wrote several emails (actually about a dozen) and even got several very short reply's. They claimed that they haven't got my wire yet. I requested a SWIFT-document at my bank that proofs my payment and sent it to minersource. No response in one business day.

A good customer support is a key to a successful business, guys.

As far as i know bobsag3 is the owner of Minersource, and on the BlackArrow site they list Minersource as the only US distributor.

sj985 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:28:13 AM

My story. I made two orders and paid for both of them by wire. The interval between payments was three weeks. They got the first payments and didn't get the second one. Both payments were made by a template - they are absolutelly the same except for order numbers. I wrote several emails (actually about a dozen) and even got several very short replys. They claimed that they haven't got my wire yet. I requested a SWIFT-document at my bank that proofs my payment and sent it to minersource. No response in one business day.

A good customer support is a key to a successfull business, guys.

Interesting points that you raised there vilgem. I completely agree that as a consumer, preorders are supposed to incite a bit of nervousness. You are essentially funding a project with the hope that any deadlines that a company is working towards will be met successfully and that you'll receive the products you pay for.

That was my gripe before, where it seemed the company was happy to raise capital from preorder sales, but providing what could only be considered 'minimal' customer support at best. The first part of this isn't a problem, as preorder sales exist all the world over. However, if I were to pay a fair amount of money for a preorder, the least I would expect would be a reply to a string of about a dozen emails (which still to this day, haven't been replied to). This isn't a problem for me any more, as I have contacted them by phone.

I don't think Minersource are a bad company to deal with. The impression I've had after speaking to them on the phone, is that they are a small company with a handful of employees. Great for them, but they may not have been prepared for the unprecedented amount of business that they have received. This may well explain why lots of emails aren't being replied to.

Either way, any successful business needs to provide adequate customer support. I don't think they're at this point yet, but hopefully this is a lesson learnt for them. I hope that I'll be able to give Minersource more business in future, but this will depend on how quickly my preorder is turned around.
vilgem

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:57:59 PM

I wrote a personal message to bobsag3 and hope he'll answer soon. I agree that the founders of Minersource may have not expected such a big customer interest. But big opportunities are also a big responsibility and one should always hold this in mind doing business. All I wanna get from them at the moment is a confirmation that they recevied my wire. They should have received it for sure. Someone who processes bank statemens at Minersource may have just missed my transacion or forgot to update my account info.

vilgem

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:00:21 PM

It seems like he just ignored my request message. I haven't got any response from this guy. Now everything looks like a SCAM because I noticed some activities of this guy on this forum after I wrote him my message (this means he should have read it). It realy annoys me because it seems like I'm wasting my time trying to get reasonable service for the money spent.

vilgem

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:24:00 AM

I wrote a public question regarding my order in a thread where Miner Hosting LLC staff is chatting.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 06:03:09 AM

Matt Carson and BlackArrow Matt are too busy with dealing with me oppose to worrying about their investomers. You might as well lock this thread and consider your moneys lost. You don't believe me, head on over to Black Arrow's main tread and take a look to see what those scammers are up to now. You just wouldn't fuckin' believe it!

~TMIBTCITW
sj985 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:02:38 PM

Just a thought on this one. Having recently spoken to Minersource via Skype (I'm UK-based so didn't fancy a long distance phone call), and they providing me with an update regarding my order, I generally feel quite satisfied with the response I received. That said, I heard what I wanted to hear, which was that my order was safely received, payment squared up and that my preorder from December would be delivered on 24th Feb (as promised).

However, I am still somewhat nervous about the whole affair. No longer to the point where I'm tearing my hair out... I'm starting to find it mildly comical, considering I've parted with my hard-earned cash and I may not (or may!) receive a unit by the end of the month. Who knows...

Essentially, I've got a partial fallback plan in place. I know that Minersource are based in Colorado, so in terms of protecting my business transaction with Minersource, the UK's 'Trading Standards' are unlikely to do anything about it. However, having done a bit of research into it, if the units don't turn up in a timely fashion, I will more than happily go to the Better Business Bureau and do what I can to take Minersource to the cleaners. If they don't deliver the goods, I'll make god damn sure I get my money back.

Period.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:18:25 PM

Just a thought on this one. Having recently spoken to Minersource via Skype (I'm UK-based so didn't fancy a long distance phone call), and they providing me with an update regarding my order, I generally feel quite satisfied with the response I received. That said, I heard what I wanted to hear, which was that my order was safely received, payment squared up and that my preorder from December would be delivered on 24th Feb (as promised).

However, I am still somewhat nervous about the whole affair. No longer to the point where I'm tearing my hair out... I'm starting to find it mildly comical, considering I've parted with my hard-earned cash and I may not (or may!) receive a unit by the end of the month. Who knows...

Essentially, I've got a partial fallback plan in place. I know that Minersource are based in Colorado, so in terms of protecting my business transaction with Minersource, the UK's 'Trading Standards' are unlikely to do anything about it. However, having done a bit of research into it, if the units don't turn up in a timely fashion, I will more than happily go to the Better Business Bureau and do what I can to take Minersource to the cleaners. If they don't deliver the goods, I'll make god damn sure I get my money back.

Period.

When did you call them, because nothing is shipping on February 24th.

Batch 1s are delayed until May.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████