Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AVOID BTC-E!!! Update --- > Partly resolved after 7 weeks.  (Read 2930 times)
medialab101 (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:48:34 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 01:40:38 AM by medialab101

Hi everyone, I just wanted to warn people about BTE-e.

On December 4th and December 5th I sent wire transfers to BTE-e totaling close to $15,000.

On December 6th I was asked for identification and address verification (Ticket #PVP-170-17139).

On December 9th I sent the required documents with translations. However, there was no reply and funds were not deposited.

On December 23rd I opened a new ticket to inquire about the status of my transfers (Ticket #HNT-109- 91407). I was then asked to send details of the wire transfers which I did later that same day. However, there was still no reply and funds were not deposited.

As of today (Jan 22nd), my first two tickets are marked as ‘pending.’ My third ticket that I opened two weeks ago (containing all my documentation and records of the wire transfers: #UCA-827-44974) still has not been addressed. After one week I got an auto-reply by email saying that the ticket would be closed if I did not respond. I responded to both the email and the support ticket directly. Then today (one week later) I got the same email again…

I have also tried to resolve the issue through Mayzus. First I called them and was directed to the support department (email). I had an exchange with a representative and he said that there was nothing they could do and said that they couldn’t even supply me with records of the transactions because they needed to protect the ‘privacy’ of their client.

TLDR: BTC-e has had my money for 6 weeks, hasn’t posted the funds to my account and HASN’T REPLIED TO ANY OF MY TICKETS!

In the unlikely event that BTC-e reps actually read these threads, my user name on BTC-e is ‘medialab101’
Until my tickets are answered or funds are deposited I will make sure this thread is kept very visible in the SCAM section of this forum and any other places I can find to post this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jupocoin

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:37:47 AM

Same situation.
I wired on December 3rd, opened multiple tickets. Some of them were answered with the same single line messages asking for SWIFT copy.
I provided the transfer details I can get from the bank, they keep asking for SWIFT copy. They never explain anything else.
Btc-e people if you read this please answer something clear explaining what is happening.

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:42:18 AM

I agree with this completely avoid BTC-E their support is non-existent. I tried to withdraw bitcoin from them and it was never sent on blockchain although the system said it was. Support has not responded to multiple tickets for over a week now. I took a huge hit on this and want to prevent anyone else from losing money as well.
goll

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:25:01 PM

I have the same problem!

I have transferred Euros via SWIFT to BTC-e 4 weeks ago, and the money has not arrived in my account.

I get no responses to my requests. Support is nonexistent!

Does anybody have an idea what legal options I could have to get my money back?

goll

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:20:04 AM

Hi,
after my posting in this forum I got a private message from btc-e support.

I talked to them on Skype. They told not to to worry and asked me to wait. The money transfer would take 22 business days.

So I'll wait for 2 more weeks and hope everything will be ok. I'll post my experience here

cheers

medialab101 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:55:09 AM

Same situation.
I wired on December 3rd, opened multiple tickets. Some of them were answered with the same single line messages asking for SWIFT copy.
I provided the transfer details I can get from the bank, they keep asking for SWIFT copy. They never explain anything else.
Btc-e people if you read this please answer something clear explaining what is happening.

After posting this thread and submitting another ticket on BTC-e support page I got a (short) reply back asking for a SWIFT copy. I contacted my bank and they explained that a SWIFT copy is something they cannot release to customers because there are privacy issues involved. So I'm not sure what to do either. I've submitted all the transaction information that I have access to but it seems that BTC-e is just going to keep repeating the same line 'send us a SWIFT copy.'
medialab101 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:57:59 AM

Hi,

I talked to them on Skype. They told not to to worry and asked me to wait. The money transfer would take 22 business days.

So I'll wait for 2 more weeks and hope everything will be ok. I'll post my experience here

cheers

Thanks Goll,

Let us know if your issue gets resolved. Also, do you mind posting the Skype address that you used to contact support?
Somnus000

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:23:31 AM

I'm experiencing a similar problem..wire transferred 5500 USD three weeks ago and the money still has not arrived at my account.

Opened a ticket on their support site and was told to provide a SWIFT Copy.  My bank told me they do not provide SWIFT copies, so I provided my online banking wire transfer confirmation instead. I have not received any replies since.  I'll probably look into contacting relevant authorities to make a fraud claim and hopefully get a refund if they don't reply to my ticket soon.
Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:43:39 AM

You might try put support ticket in russian language with google translater site.

medialab101 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:08:21 AM

I'm experiencing a similar problem..wire transferred 5500 USD three weeks ago and the money still has not arrived at my account.

Opened a ticket on their support site and was told to provide a SWIFT Copy.  My bank told me they do not provide SWIFT copies, so I provided my online banking wire transfer confirmation instead. I have not received any replies since.  I'll probably look into contacting relevant authorities to make a fraud claim and hopefully get a refund if they don't reply to my ticket soon.

I did the same thing, provided my online banking records. However, it seems they are just going to keep asking for a SWIFT copy... which is impossible to get...
medialab101 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:57:32 AM

You might try put support ticket in russian language with google translater site.

Thanks,

I just sent a reply back in English and Russian (Google translate) saying that neither of my banks will supply me with a SWIFT copy because it's policy not to give them out to customers. Let's see what kind of a response I get.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:49:15 PM

Thanks,

I just sent a reply back in English and Russian (Google translate) saying that neither of my banks will supply me with a SWIFT copy because it's policy not to give them out to customers. Let's see what kind of a response I get.

Wait so, cant your bank represent you on your behalf and send it like bank to bank.

Caiapfas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:53:03 PM

jezz first mtgox and now btc-e??

where will we trade?

If you liked my post or found anything I said useful send some coffee change to
BTC = 3LxtsmCjRDPD6oYYwz31dwFJW9ktUy1Yuz
medialab101 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:34:21 PM

Thanks,

Wait so, cant your bank represent you on your behalf and send it like bank to bank.

Yes, that could happen but BTC-e is not a bank therefore no. My bank can only share the records with other banks or bank representatives.
goll

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:21:49 PM

Hi,

cheers

Thanks Goll,

Let us know if your issue gets resolved. Also, do you mind posting the Skype address that you used to contact support?

They have contacted me again on skype. They are asking to me to deposit bitcoins on my account. I tried to explain that I want to exchange Euros to bitcoins, which is why I have transferred Euros to my account. I this situation I'm more than reluctant to throw even more money at btc-e.

Here's an extract of the chat on Skype:
[29.01.14 22:07:13] btc-e.support: hello
[29.01.14 22:07:36] goll: hi
[29.01.14 22:07:58] btc-e.support: did u add coins to account ?
[29.01.14 22:08:22] goll: no - I don't understand why I have to
[29.01.14 22:08:32] btc-e.support: because i am saying
[29.01.14 22:08:37] goll: ?
[29.01.14 22:08:51] goll: please send me back my money

And this was the end of the discussion. I really don't get. Why do they want me to put bitcoins in my account. This doesn't make sense to me. Is there any reasonable explanation for this?

goll

medialab101 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:41:23 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 10:29:52 PM by medialab101

So my funds have finally been deposited after 7 weeks of waiting.

Here is my advice for those still stuck waiting for their deposits:

1) Use Google translate and send your support requests in English and in Russian.

2) If they keep asking for a "SWIFT copy" tell them that you've requested this document from your bank but have been told several times that they cannot give it to you due to privacy concerns (this was my case).

3) Send them EVERY bit of detail you have regrading the wire. Your name, your account handle, the bank you sent the transaction from, the date, all of the wire details from your bank statement, etc, etc... anything that you think might help them. Don't just send a .jpg of the transaction details, make sure it's written out in your support ticket.

4) When you get support emails, don't rely on just responding to the email. Log on to the support site and respond to tickets directly. Also, if you have a ticket that is 'red,' it's just going to sit there doing nothing until you respond to it. After you type a response it will turn green and then it is active.

Good luck and I hope your problems get resolved as mine eventually did!
Caiapfas

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:15:51 PM

why not make smaller transfers that will take less time and less paper work/verification. like 1k per day for 15 days?

If you liked my post or found anything I said useful send some coffee change to
BTC = 3LxtsmCjRDPD6oYYwz31dwFJW9ktUy1Yuz
medialab101 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:08:00 PM

One last chapter in this terrible ordeal. Now they have placed a 700hr hold on my funds before I can withdraw.

I (again) sent in my ID and proof of residence and hopefully the hold will be lifted but if not I'll be back to tell you about it.
Humax

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

The law of the universe!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:11:48 PM

One last chapter in this terrible ordeal. Now they have placed a 700hr hold on my funds before I can withdraw.

I (again) sent in my ID and proof of residence and hopefully the hold will be lifted but if not I'll be back to tell you about it.

I can already tell you that they won't!

I have already verified my account twice. Now the third time is a real nightmare.

They went from a legit company last year to MF SCAMMERS!  Angry

Help me feed my hamster! Donate sunflower seeds!
dalexc

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:54:33 PM

I recently had my bitcoin stolen from that website. I told myself I will never use it again. For now on, offline storage only and face to face trades. That's the only way you can be sure to protect yourself.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: