Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Altcoin be independent ?  (Read 791 times)
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:50:21 AM

This is impossible because bitcoin is like a USD for fiat currencies and the earliest cryptocurrency that has been developed as well. The majority of Initial coin offerings developed in blockchain technology are in a one-sided dependency relationship with Bitcoin. That is why lots of token and any other Alternate Currencies has a trading pair of bitcoin which is clearly the sign of a dependent cryptocurrency.

Also If we are talking about their price fluctuation perspectively, if bitcoin were to crash then most likely the majority of token and any other cryptocurrencices will surely follow because bitcoin is always the no.1 cryptocurrency in the market so far. The most used and the most traded so far.
eka rock69

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:06:12 AM

I think it would be difficult to independently, bitcoint or altcoint others are equally complementary, they are digital currencies that have high selling value in cryptocurrency, that's my opinion, of course each - everyone is different opinion
zinson01

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:35:46 AM

I hope all altcoins will be independent one day. But surely it will take a long time. I believe when all transactions will be completed by different alt coins, it will be started to be independent.
hermoine

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:40:00 AM

Bitcoin’s value does indeed affect the price of all altcoins since BTC/AltCoin trading pairs are the most commonly used and is usually the standard go to exchange pair on all cryptocurrency exchanges. So can Altcoin break all the relationship from bitcoin and run as a independent currency.
I think so because altcoin can give us income and daily living like bitcoin. But i think altcoin has bigger budgt rather than bitcoin.
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:21:22 PM

Bitcoin’s value does indeed affect the price of all altcoins since BTC/AltCoin trading pairs are the most commonly used and is usually the standard go to exchange pair on all cryptocurrency exchanges. So can Altcoin break all the relationship from bitcoin and run as a independent currency.

Bitcoin is very powerful and influential cryptocurrency. It occupy near the half of the market and Bitcoin’s price create growing or falling tendency on the market that other cryptocurrencies follows.
abia

Merit: 18

Interior Designer and consultant

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:41:38 AM

I'm not sure if altcoin is capable of being an independent currency.
Basically, almost all altcoins use technology owned by bitcoin. That is absolute dependence.

Each altcoin forms a standard price independently at the launch of ICO in accordance with the target market and the segment that able to be achieved.
But in reality, altcoin prices will look for common parameters used in cryptocurrency, that is bitcoin because indeed bitcoin is the market leader in cryptocurrency.
Indirectly the price of bitcoin will influence a price of cryptocurrency in generally.

____  CONFUSEwithYOURspaceROOMarrangement ??, HEREweAREwithTHEbest SOLUTIONinteriorDESIGN ___
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:53:27 AM

I think it can not stand alone the altcoins in response to the currency because altcoin are made or being developed due to the presence of bitcoin currency, with all the supply started to make it possibly successed in the market.
Inuldarahrendah

Activity: 202

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:46:47 AM

I'm not sure of that. maybe bitcoin can be independent because we know that bitcoin is the first cryptocurrencies, but if altcoin wants to be independent currency I'm not sure on that. we know that altcoin is the derived currency of bitcoin, so the development of the price will follow bitcoin. and to be independent currency I think it will be hard.
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:48:57 AM

Sad to say but altcoin will not be independent like Bitcoin because majority of Financial Institution don't recognize altcoin like Bitcoin. Bitcoin is their gateway to justify their value in the market.
tomotao53

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:26:52 PM

It will be really tough since bitcoin is the most popular and earliest crypto, it will have a effect on all alts and it will have to be considered. This will not be possible that the prices of alts will be independent of bitcoin till it is the king crypto.
bibitao21

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:18:16 AM

I think that it is now possible to break the general decline in the market. There is almost no cryptocurrency that can have an independent market! Because a lot of money is now invested in the mainstream currency, and they are interdependent!
spaso_87

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:47:36 AM

I think altcoin will not be self-sufficient because altcoin follows bitcoin and so bitcoin also requires altcoin, therefore I believe altcoin will not be self-sufficient because bitcoin is the most popular and earliest crypto, it will have an effect on all altcoins and it should be considered

Shyamnautiyal8

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:52:16 AM

It will be really tough since bitcoin is the most popular and earliest crypto, it will have a effect on all alts and it will have to be considered. This will not be possible that the prices of alts will be independent of bitcoin till it is the king crypto.
Padmavathi_Crypto

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:59:54 AM

In my point of view all the Altcoin performance depends on the Bitcoin,when Bitcoin down all the Altcoins are also down and vice versa. That’s what my observation.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:18:12 AM

I think that is possible. Btc has always been the entry point of everyone in order to trade with altcoins. But there are exchange sites that has eth and even fiat as trading pair for the altcoins. So i think that will eventually change in the future. For now, we are more used to trade our alts with bitcoin. Coinbase is one of the exchanges that accepts fiat . There are growing numbers of exchanges that has fiat to alts trading pair.

roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:20:23 AM

then, altcoin who became leader who?
I mean, a replacement BTC must exist, so that the pair on each exchange more comfortable to compare
because Bitcoin is the main currency of all cryptocurrencies

Petersha

Merit: 16

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:24:49 AM

I think independent is only possible if we will have option to buy each and every single coin with Fiat , otherwise we have to depend on pairs like BTC,ETH, USDT and others.

Or may be we can see something new in future , who knows whats gonna comes in future.  Smiley
nonkinto

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:28:23 AM

I think so, it is quite possible . The sooner this happens, the better it will be for altcoins
Samiliti

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:48:37 AM

I hope that in the near future it will be so . Altcoin will sooner or later stop responding to bitcoin prices
bornMercurial

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:56:19 AM

In my opinion, it is very unlikely if there is an independent currency. so far almost all altcoins, in particular, all the top coins are not the currency. they are all tools for speculation by merchants and have no other use cases. But there are altcoins that are more independent and less vulnerable to market influence in general.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: