Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:59:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Altcoin be independent ?  (Read 784 times)
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:33:36 PM

They are paired with bitcoin only for trading.Some of the bitcoins are already independent of bitcoins, like ether, litecoin, etcetra
It might even outrun bitcoins.

Ether has provided a totally different platform and has given a new meaning to cryptocurrency.Comparing them is like comparing bananas and apples.So yea, they can be independent.
Yeah, they are just in trading pairs but it also affect the entire market price. It is commonly observe that once bitcoin price fall, altcoins will follow then. Isn't time to say that altcoins are all along of becoming an independent but it surely happen next once crypto market is fully established.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thian778

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:34:01 PM

When I look on the graph carefully there are times when some altcoin increases their value even though the Bitcoin is on the drop moments, it means aside from Bitcoin uplifting the altcoin sometime altcoin become independent on their increase if some buyer are there to buy that altcoin...
miracle24

Activity: 309

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 10:37:13 PM

As long as btc is the base currency and alts been traded against it, then they will never be free from btc. The best that would happen is move away from its dominance.
Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:47:08 PM

Altcoins value are connoted in satoshi and unless we see a project with an ideai that can disrupt this trend till then altcoins value won't be fully independent of bitcoin price.
Magami

Activity: 23
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:30:30 PM

Of course it can, but there's not much of them that independent right now. Almost 40% of altcoins is bonded with bitcoin.

●   M A S T E R N O D E   F O U N D A T I O N   ●           
★  Swiss Army Knife for Masternode Investors  ★
caugiay074

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:09:29 AM

I hope all altcoins will be independent one day. But surely it will take a long time. I believe when all transactions will be completed by different alt coins, it will be started to be independent.
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:25:20 AM

Bitcoin’s value does indeed affect the price of all altcoins since BTC/AltCoin trading pairs are the most commonly used and is usually the standard go to exchange pair on all cryptocurrency exchanges. So can Altcoin break all the relationship from bitcoin and run as a independent currency.

we need more stablecoins for that. I have seen many activities in this field recently, that should significantly help altcoins to go more independent from bitcoin. Time will tell

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:42:00 AM

I think some coins are connected with bitcoin because of trading purposes but some coins are actually independent in some way like Ethereum and Waves which has their own blockchain. Its just that people prefer using bitcoin as their main currency thats why these altcoins somehow rely on bitcoin.
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:28:49 AM

It seems to me that this is very unlikely.  To date, there is simply no such steep altcoin that he was able to abandon bitcoin. I am sure that we will see a strong bitcoin on which all altcoins depend for a long time. It is possible to replace bitcoin someday might come to an Ethereum.
DumbLefty

Activity: 412

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:40:31 AM

There is no course because of how the price of bitcoin changes depends on the price of all altcoins.

bogdasha07

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:44:28 AM

I think that at the moment it is practically impossible, but I still believe that in the future with wider adoption altcoins will get more freedom and independence.
11:11pas

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:54:44 AM

Yes I think altcoint can stand on its own but not all of them, ethereum may stand on its own because this coint is stronger among other altcoints, but it is hard to predict we will see the next few years what all altcoint can stand alone or not

WINBIX ♝ SALES SYSTEM Selling at the demand price at any time | Pre-DAICO ➧ April 24, 2019 — June 22, 2019 https://winbix.io
kripkiki12

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:57:45 AM

Although most of the altcoins do depend from Bitcoin, it is not always the case. If you take a utility coin with own price, that should not really be affected from BTC. For example in a closed ecosystem, where token are only to serve a certain purpose within one platform, it should only depend from how many people are willing to use that particular platform and how much they would pay for a token.
GUNGUN12

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:23:14 PM

Although most of the altcoins do depend from Bitcoin, it is not always the case. If you take a utility coin with own price, that should not really be affected from BTC. For example in a closed ecosystem, where token are only to serve a certain purpose within one platform, it should only depend from how many people are willing to use that particular platform and how much they would pay for a token.
But I think it's possible.
Because Btc has always been the point of entry of everyone to trade with altcoin. But there are exchange sites that have eth and even fiat as trading partners for altcoin. So I think it will eventually change in the future. For the time being, we more often trade our alts with bitcoin. and later there are many exchanges that have fiat for trading pairs alts.
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:26:03 PM

I hope so, will be much more difficult to manipulate of Top 20 CMC coins rather than one bitcoin. I hate that price fix to satoshi value and all market goes to shit together with bitcoin. Now bitcoin is like 20% of my cryptoportfolio but I might just change everything to bitcoin if everything still be tightened to BTC.

baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:29:14 PM

I do not really understand it altogether, but if altcoin is independent of the world economy then it is a very good investment for the investor, it will be a black market and will be a lot of calculators. bad advantage.

cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:44:54 PM

Bitcoin’s value does indeed affect the price of all altcoins since BTC/AltCoin trading pairs are the most commonly used and is usually the standard go to exchange pair on all cryptocurrency exchanges. So can Altcoin break all the relationship from bitcoin and run as a independent currency.

At time goes on altcoins might have an independent measurement in price relationship from bitcoin, however presently every altcoins depends on the market price of bitcoin because it's the base currency which is use for measurement.

HOMT