Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire R9 290 directly from Amazon for $499  (Read 588 times)
brooklynite (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:22:38 AM

Not sure if this is allowed here. but amazon is taking preorders now, still up as of 30 seconds ago, i got four, make sure seller is amazon itself, price is $499:

this beast has over 2500 stream shaders!!

Sapphire R9 290
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJOXUKC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HJOXUKC&linkCode=as2&tag=subbicom-20

Sapphire R9 290
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJOXUKC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HJOXUKC&linkCode=as2&tag=subbicom-20

Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:54:45 AM

Very good price for the card, but be wary, even though we're talking about Amazon here, it doesn't mean they'll have this card in stock in time soon. A couple of years ago I ordered MSI Twin Frozr GTX570 (for gaming) from Amazon (and they had it listed as available - which in reality they didn't), after 2 months of waiting (and being in contact with them on a weekly basis) I gave up on the card and got something else.
brooklynite (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:22:12 AM

Very good price for the card, but be wary, even though we're talking about Amazon here, it doesn't mean they'll have this card in stock in time soon. A couple of years ago I ordered MSI Twin Frozr GTX570 (for gaming) from Amazon (and they had it listed as available - which in reality they didn't), after 2 months of waiting (and being in contact with them on a weekly basis) I gave up on the card and got something else.

Not my experience. I ordered four 7970s around Dec 15 exactly the same scenario. Expected delivery date was Jan 6th. The cards were delivered Dec 30th to my surprise.

What I love about Amazon is that the card box and packaging look like they came right out of the factory, brand spanking new, doesn't look like it was ever touched by a human being. Unlike junk I buy at Frys that has been tossed around like a soccer ball for weeks before it hits the shelf.
brooklynite (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:26:52 AM

Be the way, they don't charge your card until it ships, and super easy returns. When you return they refund you as soon as UPS picks up the package. I just returned one of my 7970 Sapphires from Dec, as it just stopped working (fan spins but doesn't show up in CGMINER). The card always went sick and dead though, I scrambled high and low to find out why, not knowing the card is defective and it finally stopped working in like 10 days. It always gave me low hash rates, drove me nuts. I changed power supply, motherboard, RAM even switched from linux to windows, reinstalled drivers gazilliion times, all because I never thought for a second that the card may be defective.

Another card is starting to show similar signs. Hashrate drops. Went dead once already. Etc. starting to doubt Sapphire quality now.
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:39:03 AM

Be the way, they don't charge your card until it ships, and super easy returns. When you return they refund you as soon as UPS picks up the package. I just returned one of my 7970 Sapphires from Dec, as it just stopped working (fan spins but doesn't show up in CGMINER). The card always went sick and dead though, I scrambled high and low to find out why, not knowing the card is defective and it finally stopped working in like 10 days. It always gave me low hash rates, drove me nuts. I changed power supply, motherboard, RAM even switched from linux to windows, reinstalled drivers gazilliion times, all because I never thought for a second that the card may be defective.

Another card is starting to show similar signs. Hashrate drops. Went dead once already. Etc. starting to doubt Sapphire quality now.

I know they don't charge until shipment, which is great.
Anyway, I'd order it if it would be worth it, but I'm outside the US so with import fees, packaging and shipment handling, the price goes as high as 630$ per card (can get for 570$ locally), not so luxurious for me after all.
oberstkrieger

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:30:12 AM

Aaand out of stock -.-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: