Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Evergreen is Private Money Backed by Bitcoins and Other Assets  (Read 1000 times)
cryptocoinsnews (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 08:50:09 AM

Evergreen is a new form of private money backed by bitcoins and a variety of other assets. The company is attempting to succeed where other forms of private money have failed in the past. Many people remember online currencies such as e-gold and Liberty Reserve, but these gold-backed currencies failed when they attempted to serve customers in the United States. There are still a few digital gold currencies out there, but they are finding it to be rather difficult to offer their services to US customers these days. Evergreen could help bring more people into the digital currency market by exposing them to a currency that is not as volatile as bitcoins, dogecoins, and other cryptocurrencies. This new currency could also lead to more interest in digital currencies from people who believe bitcoins have no tangible value.

An Interview with Evergreen

I recently sent some questions over to Joel Dietz, the CEO of Evergreen, about his company’s new currency and payment system.

CryptoCoinsNews: Is Evergreen a form of private, centralized money?
Joel Dietz: That’s basically right. I think a lot of the negative press around centralization these days has to do with centralized services being prone to corruption. Having said that, they can do good things too. On this note, Steve Jobs and Apple is more of an inspiration to me than Linus Torvalds and Linux. I totally support Linus, Linux, etc., but am personally more drawn to the optimized UX and seamlessly integrated infrastructure of the former.

Read the full interview here: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/01/21/evergreen-private-money-backed-by-bitcoins/

/David Parker, Director of CCN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: