Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC guild, glitch or problem?  (Read 983 times)
The Observer (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:28:26 AM

Just a quick question, Got a LOT of TH/s on BTCguild right now. been there for a few months, been using multi miner since it came out just about, and never had any issues.

Starting about 36 hours ago there has started to be a discrepancy in hashing speeds which has not been there before. Multi Miner would say i have XXX.XX TH/s mining, and BTCguild would only be off on its reading by like 2-3 GH/s.

Now starting about 36 hours ago, multi miner still says XXX.XX TH/s mining, but BTCguild is off by between 5-6 TH/s on its readout.

A lot of people say " as long as your miner says you are doing X hashing, that is what you should trust " which was an ok concept when it was only off by a few GH/s but now that we are talking TeraHash in difference i am a little concerned. I switched over to slushes pool for 12 hours and slush's reads it perfectly fine, wasnt even off by a full GH/s. but as soon as i go back to BTCguild i notice the 5-6 TH/s difference again.

Just wondering if this is a glitch a lot of people are seeing or if something fishey is going on. Even my 24 hour earnings are down from the previous days about 1.1 bitcoin per day and i know we are still a few days out from the diff. increase.

Any thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:46:18 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 10:57:00 AM by eleuthria

There's been quite a few server resets in the last 24 hours due to switching software and then reloading the load balancer to bring new servers online.  The speed average on BTC Guild and just about every pool will likely vary +/- 5 to 10%.

Make sure all your hardware is actually mining, a ton of ASICs have extremely poor firmware that have issues with reconnecting when servers disconnect them.  The servers haven't had any changes in the last 12 hours, and no other resets are expected any time soon.  If you're still seeing abnormal variation, the problem is on your end because the servers are *identical* to the setup they've been in for the last few months after yesterday's failed software upgrade was rolled back.

Also, it's virtually IMPOSSIBLE that slush is showing your exact speed within 1 GH/s if you're mining in the terahash range unless you got lucky as hell (and it would immediately show a very different speed a few minutes later).  All pools have a reasonable amount of variance in how they show your speed because they're based on share submission rates.  No miner is perfectly consistent in its submission rates, they always vary by percentages due to luck.

BTC Guild's average is 1-hour.  You can get 4-hour averages by looking at your 1-week charts.  You'll see on that page how your hash rate varies when measured over different intervals.  That's completely unrelated to the server, that's YOUR variance in share submissions.  If you see a *definitive* decrease when looking at your 1-week chart, that would be something to be concerned about, and means you should check your hardware/stratum proxies, or check the forum to see if there were any server issues during that time.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: