Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 12:10:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase vs. Bitpay  (Read 3516 times)
btc_tool (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:59:35 AM

Looking to set up a shopping cart and would like to accept bitcoin.

Coinbase looks ok if your customer already has bitcoins to spend. However if he needs to buy them, he will need a US bank account (not very global). After some days he can verifying that account with Coinbase and initiate a transfer from the account in order to buy some Bitcoins. This seems like a bit of an impediment.

Does anyone have any experience with bitpay, either as a customer or a merchant?

Thanks

coine

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:24:25 PM

Bit pay is probably the best for a shopping cart
btc_tool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 01:30:06 AM

Bitpay did have some nice features, like an iframe payment, But when you clicked it it opened another browser window (blank). Just seemed kinda buggy. I ended up going for Coinbase. Far from perfect either, but no fees for now. Really seems like this is still the early days, before their offerings are really refined. I'll give it a go.
coine

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:51:51 AM

Alright I hope it works out for you! 

You're saying when you clicked the BitPay link it just opened a tab/page that was completely blank?
btc_tool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:01:23 AM

yeah, it still worked but it brought up a new empty window that blocked the view for a moment, but the embeded coinbase iframe called up my wallet. I just found it annoying to have that empty full screen pop up. I am wondering if it was perhaps my browser preferences or default application launcher.
thomaskilpatrick

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:46:44 PM

Bipay has improved their interface quite a bit.

We used Coinbase for our design company and they were okay, but there customer service is  total joke so as long as you have pho problems you're fine. Except in the real world things always come up. Bitpay gets right back to us.

Also, their invoicing is super simple. Even our intern can handle it.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 11:01:33 PM

BitPay for me.

Integrates nicely with shopping carts (some pre-made plugins) and customer support is so freaking fast.

Get.BTC.Now

Activity: 116

★☆★ dont let others hurt your sk

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 01:42:04 PM

I am using coinbase since day 1
Champ92

Activity: 112

☯YIN YANG KING☯

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:04:49 AM

BitPay for me.

Integrates nicely with shopping carts (some pre-made plugins) and customer support is so freaking fast.

Correct! Bitpay is the best. The most important thing is that there is someone we can talk to fast when I have problems.

zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:58:37 AM

I am using coinbase since day 1
The OP is actually asking about merchant services, that is the customer experience when a merchant accept bitcoin via coinbase verses bitpay.

I have personally only shopped at online stores that accept coinbase and I think their process is very simple. Once I have everything I wish to purchase in my shopping cart, I start the checkout process and select that I wish to pay via bitcoin, I am then taken to a coinbase page where I am given a BTC address and an amount that I need to pay. I pay the amount within 15 minutes and as soon as the TX is propagated I am given credit (even if it takes longer to confirm).
omnidoge

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:34:32 AM

BitPay for me.

Can you use bitpay thru your mobile phone/android?
indoboycoiner

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:06:37 PM

Bitpay is my choice..  Grin
mllenios

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

PAMINTA 101

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:17:42 AM

Used bitpay a few times and I have no problem about it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: