Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:18:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I sent 10,100 Dogecoins from cryptsy, never got them. help?  (Read 796 times)
DrBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:09:51 PM

Hey everyone! I'm testing the waters with Crypsty, and I will admit I'm new(ish) to alt coins.  I sent 10,100.01 Dogecoins from my official Dogecoin wallet to Crypsty and they transferred fine.  Then I tried to transfer the coins back from Cryptsy to the Dogcoin wallet on my computer, and they haven't showed up (since last night).  Cryptsy said they transaction is complete.

The Dogecoin Wallet app is still slowly....slowely...syncing to network.

Should I assume that the coins will eventually show up? Or did I potentially do something wrong? I copied and pasted the "much receive" address from Dogecoin Wallet app to Cryptsy...so shouldn't be any mistakes there.

Any thoughts?
maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:33:11 PM

Hey there, welcome to Bitcointalk.org. Unfortunately, you've posted your question in the "bitcoin tech support" forum which is more or less dedicated to troubleshooting bitcoin. If you have any altcoin issues, or need help, you can feel free to post here about it (mod please move thread).

To answer your question, the Dogecoin network may still need more time to sync up to the network. Chances are your wallet isn't fully 'ready' to be taking in currency. Give it a few more hours, and your money will show up eventually. This happened to me once when I had an outdated wallet that was about one week behind in transactions; I had coins coming at the same time, and noticed that the coins arrived right after my wallet was done syncing.

Rest assured, as long as you used the correct addresses... everything will be fine.
DrBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:48:19 PM

Thank you so much.  Just the reassurance I needed to hear.  I'll post in the right forum next time.  It is nice to know that there is a community of people as diehard obsessed with the 0s and 1s that make up Bitcoin.  Thinking about accepting Bitcoin at my dental practice. 
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:32:19 PM

Hey there, welcome to Bitcointalk.org. Unfortunately, you've posted your question in the "bitcoin tech support" forum which is more or less dedicated to troubleshooting bitcoin. If you have any altcoin issues, or need help, you can feel free to post here about it (mod please move thread).

To answer your question, the Dogecoin network may still need more time to sync up to the network. Chances are your wallet isn't fully 'ready' to be taking in currency. Give it a few more hours, and your money will show up eventually. This happened to me once when I had an outdated wallet that was about one week behind in transactions; I had coins coming at the same time, and noticed that the coins arrived right after my wallet was done syncing.

Rest assured, as long as you used the correct addresses... everything will be fine.

Thanks and HandsUP

maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

Thank you so much.  Just the reassurance I needed to hear.  I'll post in the right forum next time.  It is nice to know that there is a community of people as diehard obsessed with the 0s and 1s that make up Bitcoin.  Thinking about accepting Bitcoin at my dental practice. 

No problem! You SHOULD accept bitcoin at your practice! Your DOGE should have arrived by now. Next time, might I suggest using this website: http://dogechain.info/chain/Dogecoin

Take your Cryptsy (or other doge exchange) deposit address and look it up in the search. It will find your deposit being transferred on the dogecoin blockchain so u know where your coins are at all the time. Same goes for if you are using BTC or LTC. Each crypto has its own blockchain you can use!

Cheers
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:39:04 PM

make sure you have received the withdrawl confirmation email.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:41:46 PM

You really should try to sue the many support avenues to resolve support issues. Or heck even post to an already created Cryptsy thread making new ones is pretty hard to manage and is just spam to the many others on the boards. PM me your username Ill take a look.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: