Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:56:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with 11221-07-20G (Sapphire R9 280X OC Dual-X 3GB GDDR5)  (Read 7027 times)
rigero (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:48:50 PM

Right now this is my configuration:

- ASrock Extreme 4 970
- AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3
- 4GB Ram Kingston
- Toshiba Sata3 1TB
- 11221-07-20G (Sapphire R9 280X OC Dual-X 3GB GDDR5)
- PSU Nox Urano TX 1050W
- Windows 8 fresh installed for this.
- Catalyst 13.12 (last version)

Right now im getting exactly 700khash. I want to know if it is possible to run it over it. I have all in a place with an stable temperature of about 10ºC to 15ºC.
Actual configuration to run cgminer from cgwatcher is: -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 11200 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-memclock 1500 --temp-target 80

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/01/22/874.png
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/01/22/6xy.png
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/01/22/ezq.png

I want to know if it is possible to go over 700khash, at about from 730 to 760.

Thank you.
rigero (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:54:59 PM

up
llamabucket

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:24:41 PM

Hey man! I just setup a brand new rig an hour ago with 5 cards running at 735kh/s (same model as yours!) Smiley

Here's the config:

-I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 11200 --gpu-engine 1060 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 --shaders 2048 --temp-target 69 --auto-fan

I tried a million different settings and found that this model maxes out at these settings. Moving the clock up kills the hash and changing the TC to 8192 also lowers it.

Try it and let me know how it goes! If you can squeeze out any more hash out of it please report back. Smiley
rigero (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:38:28 PM

Hey man! I just setup a brand new rig an hour ago with 5 cards running at 735kh/s (same model as yours!) Smiley

Here's the config:

-I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 11200 --gpu-engine 1060 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 --shaders 2048 --temp-target 69 --auto-fan

I tried a million different settings and found that this model maxes out at these settings. Moving the clock up kills the hash and changing the TC to 8192 also lowers it.

Try it and let me know how it goes! If you can squeeze out any more hash out of it please report back. Smiley

Trying it but it is not stable. I cant reach 700 stable. I dont know what is happening with my card...
llamabucket

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:07:31 PM

What do you mean not stable? What's it doing?
Do you have just one card? Is it on a riser? What temperature is it getting to?
Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:07:47 PM

also try

If it's one card you aren't going to get much more than 720ish tops, more cards are needed to get 730s-765s on all of them.

My sapphire 280x's respond best to 11200 and either 1050/1500 or 1080/1500  1080 puts them in the 765s while 1050 is 740s.  The difference is I can undervolt huge at 1050 so it's more of a sweetspot.

I use VBE7 to undervolt from 1175 to 1100 which shows up as 1.019-1.039 is GPUZ.  Huge power and heat savings

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
llamabucket

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:32:02 AM

Thanks for the input Gazza! What model are your Sapphires? I ask because every model within the brand may be COMPLETELY different when it comes to mining. I have many models of Sapphire 7950s and they all hash different at the same settings.
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:41:33 AM

I had the same issue eg low to mid 600's. Same card (the vapor X) then I set --thread-concurrency 8191  eg 1 down from 8192 and up to 700 + it went. Try it it might work for you as well. Finicky stuff this scrypt configuring....Been nice and stable since.

--lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8191 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1050 --expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
rigero (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

I had the same issue eg low to mid 600's. Same card (the vapor X) then I set --thread-concurrency 8191  eg 1 down from 8192 and up to 700 + it went. Try it it might work for you as well. Finicky stuff this scrypt configuring....Been nice and stable since.

--lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8191 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1050 --expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale
Getting over 720 with your configuration. Really happy right now.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:07:35 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 02:34:40 AM by Wipeout2097

Hashing differences within the same brand and model, seem to have to do with video ram. Vram from different suppliers, different specs, high end at launch and for reviews then cheap out or use more conservative settings, bios revisions, timings programmed, etc.... Some cards work best at a fixed ram clock, e.g. 1500 Mhz, others work better if you OC the ram as much as possible.

When buying a card at a store, and if it's visible, choose cards with Hynix or Samsung ram. Some Elpida may be good too, but I believe it's the "cheap" option.

Then there's a thread at litecointalk forums, where for a small fee or donation, someone mods your bios with better ram timings and therefore higher hash rate. Finally, there are optimized .bins out there, with unrolled loops and some hardcoded constants that skip redundant calculations and therefore give a bit better hashrate too.

However there are other reasons why someone can get 730+ and others just 700 with completely identical cards. Posting their best hash at night, living in the cold North and someone else not able to get them in the South during the day. Another is the coin and the pool where you are mining. The motherboard, the PSU, the system ram, all combined can also have influence (e.g. 2 - 4%) in hashrate. Likewise, the addon software the rig has, specially if the CPU is single-core and cgminer isn't running on high priority

Edit: the bit about Hynix and Elpida is innacurate. There are 2 kinds of Hynix calibration actually, a good and a lousy one. https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.0

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Gazza1

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:02:13 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 02:17:05 PM by Gazza1

Thanks for the input Gazza! What model are your Sapphires? I ask because every model within the brand may be COMPLETELY different when it comes to mining. I have many models of Sapphire 7950s and they all hash different at the same settings.

I have the Dual-X versions of the 280x, 100363BF4L and also a few Toxic's.  And the Dual X versions of the 7970s.  Of the 3 groups they all hash pretty much the same to each other of their group.  What mobos are you running?  I use all MSI Z77 with Ivy Bridge G1610s, Corsair & Seasonic PSUs, and 1x powered risers on every card.

llamabucket

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:10:18 PM

ozkraut, the Vapor-X is a different model than the one he and I are talking about! There are slight variations in the model number from eachother. My buddy just got the Sapphire Tri-X and it hashes better out of the box?!

Wipeout2097, you're totally right about everything. I'm curious what OS works best for mining in general? I'm running Windows 8.1, 8gb ram, G1610 with a Gigabyte motherboard.
Gazza1

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:14:41 PM

When I switched to Xubuntu from Win8 the cards on each rig all started mining within ***.1 kh of each other.

Wipeout2097

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:31:49 AM

Oh, I could I missed mentioning the OS??  Roll Eyes

I wonder if there are benchmarks out there: Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Linux. I know that the drivers display model gets in the way of the video performance (remember XP vs Vista for gaming?), but for mining I have no idea.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Gazza1

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:47:47 AM

Win7, Win8, & Linux hashrates were all pretty much the same for me. +/-10kh  Win7 gave me 5 cards, Win8 gave me 6 cards, Linux is unlimited afaik but AMD drivers are limited to 8 GPUs (for now).  

Win8 gave me 765's in my 7970s but 725s on my 280x's
Linux gives me 750's on my 7970s but 745s on my 280x's

Probably just needs refinement

x64 versions of each OS

I gotta tell you though, after going with Xubuntu, I've been very happy.  Controlling everything from SSH has been so nice, rock solid, reliable, stable, fluid.  You don't need monitors/kvm switches on your rigs, or have to deal with worrying about vpn or teamviewer services not starting on boot, etc.

Wipeout2097

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:52:16 AM

Hold on, OP, you have a Nox Urano PSU... How is it doing? How many PCI-e connectors does it have?

This is a very affordable PSU, I can get it for 120€

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
rigero (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:53:02 AM

Hold on, OP, you have a Nox Urano PSU... How is it doing? How many PCI-e connectors does it have?

This is a very affordable PSU, I can get it for 120€
Really nice. It has 6 PCI-E connectors but cable isnt very long. I think that it can support about 3 or 4 280x. Probably 3.
c275

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:21:48 PM

Hi,
I have one of Sapphire R9 280X OC Dual-X on Ubuntu 13.10 but the kh/s don't want to break 715. I tried all configuration on this thread without results. Embarrassed

Any ideas?   Huh
Gazza1

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:37:37 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 12:30:41 AM by Gazza1

It's because
Hi,
I have one of Sapphire R9 280X OC Dual-X on Ubuntu 13.10 but the kh/s don't want to break 715. I tried all configuration on this thread without results. Embarrassed

Any ideas?   Huh

Hashrates rarely go above 720 with a single card.  That's actually pretty good, most single cards run 680s-710s, sometimes lower.  You need more cards to get full speed on all of them.

Referring to Windows, on Linux it's easier, since you are running that try playing with the settings through SSH if you can since desktop usage can cause lag.

c275

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:32:06 PM

so, when people talks about 750kh/s for each one, it's because they have 1+ cards?  Huh
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: