Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure that I get what is happening on the 30th  (Read 2939 times)
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:52:14 AM

Some are predicting the Chinese will start selling off before the deadline (right now they appear to be buying) because of the difficulty to cash out thereafter, most may just sell a portion of their holdings. The trend will definitely continue after the deadline and we also have the terms of the Fed, Silk Road, auction TBA.

The Chinese have no reason to panic sell. They are very resourceful people, and can travel abroad without restriction. Their bitcoins will still have the same value after the 30th as before, and if they need to convert to cash, they can do so.

As for the FBI + SR, there has been *no* announcement as to the date of the sale or how it will happen, so that isn't affecting prices at the moment.
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:18:03 AM

There was a Chinese dude from China in speculation forum warning everyone that the 31st Jan China thing is the real deal and the current deposit methods are not sustainable.

I also personally know someone in China who tells me the threat is the real deal. Even though im a super bull, personally I'm not buying any new btc till this whole thing is clear, price is way too Dependant on Chinese money ATM and there is evidence of fake Chinese volumes which means current price will collapse once China is out.

The markets will get more nervous in the next week or so

technically speaking if the chinese volumes are fake what it really means is that china wasn't  that important after all for the rise in price.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:08:38 AM

There was a Chinese dude from China in speculation forum warning everyone that the 31st Jan China thing is the real deal and the current deposit methods are not sustainable.

I also personally know someone in China who tells me the threat is the real deal. Even though im a super bull, personally I'm not buying any new btc till this whole thing is clear, price is way too Dependant on Chinese money ATM and there is evidence of fake Chinese volumes which means current price will collapse once China is out.

The markets will get more nervous in the next week or so

technically speaking if the chinese volumes are fake what it really means is that china wasn't  that important after all for the rise in price.

Very good point. But we don't know how much of these volumes were faked ....
johnerps

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:41:44 AM

i would like to bid on the fbi sr stach  i bid 0.25 usd per coin    Roll Eyes
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:48:14 AM

I don't think this is the official FBI auction thread. Mods, can you move his post to that thread? Smiley
TigerCoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:19:00 AM

I don't think this is the official FBI auction thread. Mods, can you move his post to that thread? Smiley

johnerps,  let one more secret out and we will send you to Russia  Cool
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:34:45 AM

From what I understand is most exchanges have already implemented the new changes in how you get money in and out (BTCChina for example). After the 30th it's just "offical"  from what I understand.

If that's the case I wouldn't worry too much because although it's a bit of a hassle getting money in and out of BTCchina right now it's still quite doable,  I just bought some BTC from them a few days ago. It took a few extra steps than normal but still doable.

People in China certainly don't seem to be panicking though so I'm not too worried.  As someone else said , Chinese people are very resourceful, they will always find a way to make something work.  Just like after Jan. 14th you arent suppose to sell btc related stuff on taobao, but one quick look on taobao and it's still going on like crazy just with some added twists.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:32:27 AM

Maybe, as others have suggested, this is why the price is quite stable at the moment while people wait. I don't know much about it either clearly, but maybe we will see people's confidence rising after this and people buying. Maybe...
JulianL

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:36:26 AM

Maybe, as others have suggested, this is why the price is quite stable at the moment while people wait. I don't know much about it either clearly, but maybe we will see people's confidence rising after this and people buying. Maybe...

yeah it could be. the question is what happened then. selling my btc now  Grin ?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: