Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Junior member 1000 Activity, Legendary Member 1000 activity. Is it fair?  (Read 657 times)
siagh357 (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:00:15 PM

I am just thinking if by 1 to 2 years,I stayed on this forum and make contribution to this community but unfortunately no one give me a merit,and at same time I make 1000 quality post,I will still be a junior member just like a legend. Is it fair? Sir Thymos.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:04:43 PM

I can surely feel your pain as thousands of new members have this problem and unfortunately you are right, it is going to stay like this unless there is a radical change in the merit system, i think thousands of members have still low ranks even if they are active from last 6-7 months, i do think that this gives unfair advantage to the early members who are sitting on hero/legendary rank without earning merits like the new ones have to.

arakuns

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:12:48 PM

With the new merit system, it is quite difficult to have a change in rank. I am also currently affected by this new system. I can only wish that the system can be made less rigid than what we have now else, one might just remain on the same spot for years.
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 08:14:55 PM

You are partially right, as I think this is the main point of merits. If you contribute to the community you'll get merits. I've seen many posts of people offering merits if you can prove you added a value to the community and posted quality post... You can check one of the lists here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2832127.0
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:18:44 PM

I am just thinking if by 1 to 2 years,I stayed on this forum and make contribution to this community but unfortunately no one give me a merit,and at same time I make 1000 quality post,I will still be a junior member just like a legend. Is it fair? Sir Thymos.

I'm sure that those who haven't reached Sr. Member level and above will agree that it's not fare. But if you ask Hero and Legendary, I think they have another oppinion. It's not a secret that merit system doesn't solve spamming issue, the only thing it does is prevent up from reaching upper ranks. I'd like to see how many users managed to get new rank since February.

ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:19:42 PM

Life is and has always been unfair. Trying to ask for a remedy won't help your cause, especially considering how many new members sign up everyday with the intent of spamming and collecting bounties. I think the merit system could use some re-working but that is about it. I also believe the merit system should stay, because at the end of the day if you are somebody with 1000 posts and no merits, you should and would most likely give up which I believe is a feature of the merit system and not a bug.

edit: I too would like to see how many have upgraded it would show how the system functions. Side note I know I am helpful to some people but I also know because I don't go above and beyond I will likely stay at my current rank. It sucks but I have accepted my reality.

nickolaileskov

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:34:18 PM

I don't think it's fair. Because earn achievements not really, since most of the people wants money for this award. And if anyone is given, only old friends. It turns out that simply made the stratification of society. At the same time all the members also swim in the same broth.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:42:14 PM

Well its nothing y'all can do about it. Either used the forum or don't.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 10:52:40 PM

At first I was thinking about this too, but I just kind of had my way with it. It is like it is and I don't think we can do anything about it. You have other things like social media tasks beside signature. I know that they don't pay as much, but can still be considered a viable income option.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:48:48 PM

I also feel what you feel, the number of posts that more and more but the merit does not come. However, we can not do anything, just trying to make useful posts and follow the rules that have been set.
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:08:30 AM

To tell you my observation also, you are not the only one who will experience this one also I am and the others, who spend more on giving an answer to a certain topic with the best knowledge you have since there is no one here to focus on this matter like he will make list of post and replies that really need some awarding, but don't focus too much on it perhaps the admin can find a way to reconsider if they say your profile is a big help in our forum.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:10:52 AM

If you were to make '1000 quality post', I'm sure that you'd receive some merit!
Instead of arguing about the forum system(in the wrong forum category, even), go make those quality posts and you might earn some merit!  Cheesy

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
CFXAY

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:29:32 AM

Life is and has always been unfair. I agree with this sentence. The time for us to join the forum is too late, so we don't need to worry about this issue because there is no use.
Zct2002

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:32:12 AM

If that 1000 post you have, it would be impossible for someone not noticing your quality post and eventually you will rank up because the veterans are watching us here in the forum.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:32:48 AM

Yes, I think current merit system is not perfect. Probably this system will be reviewed based on forum data - I think users promotion is almost stopped after merit system implementation

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
bunny0612

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:58:39 AM

Have anyone rank up from full member to above with merit system? It's seem like hardest when you come from member to senior. Why does not support change from activity to merit (10 activity = 1 merit). So if you want go up from jr.member to member take at least 160 activity ~ 11 weeks. I think is possible than earn merit from quality post.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:20:41 AM

Yes, the system of merit introduced since January of this year has been very unfair and in fact does not allow the new members of this forum to grow beyond the rank of members. I have not yet seen that some member with a rank would have about 1000 messages, however, I think that we will see this soon. The system of merit must be changed, it has already proved its unfitness for this forum.
tomboi

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:38:15 AM

Collecting the merit is precisely very difficult. This may be not fair for the low-rank member. This condition can make us hurt. But, whatever the condition, now merit should be fulfilled or we cannot reach the higher level. This thing, of course, has the aims to eliminate or press the spammers.
sircy

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:45:03 AM

post quality do you think is not necessarily the same as the quality of the opinions of others. so don't complain about it here. Anyway all it's not about the quality of the course but also on the basis of knowledge and whether informative post made. the system is already like this and if not on members who change themselves to be better then she will be kicked out for who wants to grow and have a breadth.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Maximo1

Activity: 202

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:52:28 AM

Im also disappointed regarding the new merit system, its very hard to rank up and for me its very unfair to all new members but sad to say we cant help about it, we just hoping for the best  that someday theres changes about the merit system.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: