Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Junior member 1000 Activity, Legendary Member 1000 activity. Is it fair?  (Read 654 times)
trang1188

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:53:44 AM

i join this forum near  6 month and now i still Jr member and i not aby merit,maybe my quality post is low,but i checked somebody get merit,i see there are so many people post very normal and they get merit,i don't why Smiley),maybe we always is Jr merit if they don't change the system merit,now it is difficult to get merit
lllSERGEY

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:06:10 AM

Indeed, now it is hard to get the merits, even if you write useful posts, they are rarely paid attention. How unfortunate (
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:09:28 AM

I think merit system is neither fair nor worst it’s having own advantage as well as disadvantage. Advantage is it’s reducing account farmers and also taking consideration for good quality posts . But disadvantage is nobody wants to give merit to good quality posts.
Mancung

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:18:59 AM

The moments they released this rules, i must admit that most of us, the lower rank members disapproved with this. Its getting so hard to rank up now, meanwhile there is some member out there clearly doing some merits trading and their account will be just fine, while some jr.member will be banned thanks to their effort to rank up.
caotringhia

Activity: 277

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:22:06 AM

I am just thinking if by 1 to 2 years,I stayed on this forum and make contribution to this community but unfortunately no one give me a merit,and at same time I make 1000 quality post,I will still be a junior member just like a legend. Is it fair? Sir Thymos.

If you join this forum soon and have 1000 activities, you will become a legendary member. But since the new merit system, you will have to post with quality content and support the community you can get some merit. I think it's a bit more difficult now than before, but it also has some benefits that prevent spammers from posting a lot of meaningless posts.
Chikeokafor888

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:26:29 AM

In my opinion, in all honesty, it not really fair to we the junior members of the forum. I really hope their would be some changes in the merit system as this would place a lot of restriction on many members of this forum to rank higher
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:33:26 AM

I am just thinking if by 1 to 2 years,I stayed on this forum and make contribution to this community but unfortunately no one give me a merit,and at same time I make 1000 quality post,I will still be a junior member just like a legend. Is it fair? Sir Thymos.

I'm sure that those who haven't reached Sr. Member level and above will agree that it's not fare. But if you ask Hero and Legendary, I think they have another oppinion. It's not a secret that merit system doesn't solve spamming issue, the only thing it does is prevent up from reaching upper ranks. I'd like to see how many users managed to get new rank since February.

I'm agreeing with you that this not solve the spamming issues, I hope they have a time frame that those who was not able to rank up because of the  additional merit system can still be promoted after a certain number of activity just like before but in a longer time fram (ex. member is 60 activity (present) - make it longer - 120 activity (can be rank up without the merit points). This  is just a suggestion . Just like in any company you get a raise or promotion after a year or 2.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:41:51 AM

Merit will determine your account rankings! If you post 1000 quality, I think you will increase your rank! But apparently, rising rankings are so hard for the members!
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:54:28 PM

I have an idea. And what if the measure is not given by the participants themselves, but by special people. Something a kind of bounty managers on merit Cheesy. And the work of these gentlemen will consist in reading the messages and assessing their quality.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
baeva2

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:12:25 PM

I think that this is a good idea, and it would be fair if the distribution of merit was made by special managers and did not expect that someone would give you merit.
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:15:35 PM

This is your problem.
If you have not received merit with more than 1000 messages, then do not enter this forum again. Nothing you write is worthless. You too can tire yourself in vain and cover unnecessary space in the forum Wink

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
runor

Activity: 150
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:46:38 AM

And where does justice, if the authorities have adopted such a system of ranks, then we as ordinary users should follow this system!
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:51:58 AM

those rules. Imagine if it were not for merit points. How many would now become seniors, most of whom write nonsense. Therefore, the measures of salvation. Do not have time to register on the site, well, it's the same if you do not have time to buy bitcoin for $10 or at least $1000 last year. To pour the head ashes now it's not good idea.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:56:09 AM

I am sure 'Sir' Theymos will not like the way you deliberately spelt his name.

On a serious note your concerns are legit but is there really a possibility of anyone making 1000 quality posts without getting some of them merited? I doubt.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
firaituaku

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:11:21 PM

the ranking system in the bitcointalk forum has already been replaced. first to go up the rankings is very easy just by reproducing post in bitcointalk forum, so naturally if you find legendary with 1000 activity. with the new system, it will be very difficult to rank up and it is very annoying for newly joined forums.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:20:23 PM

It totally depends upon your real quality of your threads.
I am just thinking if by 1 to 2 years,I stayed on this forum and make contribution to this community but unfortunately no one give me a merit,

In reality, if you can publish 1000 constructive, high-quality threads, I believe you will certainly get hundreds of merits.
and at same time I make 1000 quality post,I will still be a junior member just like a legend.
Yeah, merit system is very fair and only allows deserved users to rank up with their earned merits.
Is it fair? Sir Thymos.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1038

Signature and Avatar for rent.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:28:18 PM

You are living on a cruel world already so any thing is fair and regarding to your question, there is a possibility that you will remain a Junior member or maybe a Member with 1000 activity. It depends on how you will post.

I have stated this when the merit system was implemented last january and I know that this will happen. Maybe those accounts who are being used for reports of bounty campaigns are the ones who will experience this in the future.

Maybe you can change "thymos" into "theymos"

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10854

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 02:08:00 PM

I have an idea. And what if the measure is not given by the participants themselves, but by special people. Something a kind of bounty managers on merit Cheesy. And the work of these gentlemen will consist in reading the messages and assessing their quality.
Your idea is already partially implemented on this forum. It is being carried out by merit sources (83) that complement our meriting capabilities by means of awarding sMerit (up to 19100 sMerit per 30 days). Concentrating all the meriting responsibility on merit sources, as you suggest, would render the system completely centralized, which goes against the system’s design principals. It would also overkill merit sources, since they perform a voluntary task, not a job, that requires plenty of patience and time.
Last but not least, your idea would mean less eyes to evaluate posts, so really less chances of being spotted if you come up with a decent post.

Note: the task of awarding merit is nothing like that of a bounty manager: one is after quality and the other usually after quantity, with few exceptions.
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:21:45 PM

I have been wondering if there was anything one could do to earn merit and go to a higher rank but from the look of things one just has to accept the present state of things with respect of merit award and hope that the rules will be tweaked eventually to give a shouting chance of moving up to low ranking members.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16837

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:28:44 PM

I have been wondering if there was anything one could do to earn merit
Let's see your post history: ~ parents ~ merit ~ world war 3 ~ Hitler ~ Politics & Society ~ Off-topic Bounty (Altcoins) ~.

Merit is working just fine!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: