Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sdf  (Read 3537 times)
Anonymous

sdf
March 08, 2011, 04:25:31 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 04:01:49 PM by davidonpda

dsg
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 04:44:48 AM

Well done  and good luck with the site. I hope to make use of it .
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 04:52:51 AM

Good work!
We need one like this for Canada.
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 05:42:51 AM

Will you let me change my receiving address when my wallet gets compromised and I have to make a new one?

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
praxeologist

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 05:51:25 AM

Seems to check out through here: https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action

I don't understand why you guys are NAICS code 5313, though I don't really understand what sort of regulation you are dealing with. Good luck, I've been looking forward to this.

MacRohard

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 02:24:15 PM

Seems to check out through here: https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action

I don't understand why you guys are NAICS code 5313, though I don't really understand what sort of regulation you are dealing with. Good luck, I've been looking forward to this.

One of the top google search results is for bitcoin usa is this thread;

"Bitcoin domain name land grab is on" - https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=1829.0

maybe they figured bitcoin was some scheme for speculating on land prices...

BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 05:08:33 PM

I've used ACH before with Paxum and it was SLOW. It took over a week for the first transfer, and about the same amount of time for the second. Is that normal? I thought ACH had about the same turnaround time as a wire transfer, and if it only took a day or so to move money between my bank and BitcoinUSA that would be great.
praxeologist

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:36:08 PM

I've used ACH before with Paxum and it was SLOW. It took over a week for the first transfer, and about the same amount of time for the second. Is that normal? I thought ACH had about the same turnaround time as a wire transfer, and if it only took a day or so to move money between my bank and BitcoinUSA that would be great.

I requested money out of Dwolla early Monday morning and just checked and see it is in my bank (credit union) as of today (Tues. 2PM). So, it is definitely doable. Paypal normally takes me 2-3 days, and my hunch is that what bank you have matters a lot. Some banks even charge for ACH. This link might be helpful for those of you who have shitty banks.

David, that is kinda funny about the NAICS code. I will start the process sometime soon. Some people expressed concern to me over why you are requesting photo ID, when places like Dwolla or Paypal do not. Once you have time to, I think it would be nice to have you explain what sort of legal entity BitcoinUSA is, what sort of banking regulations you have to adhere to and so on.

Cusipzzz

Activity: 334

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 08:09:00 PM

More importantly, if you registered with FinCen as a currency exchange / money transfer service - you'll need to do something about taxes. All US banks/brokers/forex require form W9. Also, do you plan to report as far as capital gains, cost basis, etc?
dissipate

Activity: 288

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 08:14:53 PM

This is good news! Any plans to accept cash cards like MoneyPak?
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 09:45:39 PM

This is good news! Any plans to accept cash cards like MoneyPak?

That would be kind of cool. They can be redeemed into a PayPal account.
praxeologist

View Profile
March 09, 2011, 01:40:41 AM

I submitted my info this afternoon and it said to check email but I haven't gotten anything yet. I forget which, but it was something   @vapelicio.us

Do you think that you could just send the W9 along with whatever packet? I figure that I will hit $600 pretty fast.

praxeologist

View Profile
March 09, 2011, 03:15:15 AM

I route my site email to gmail, but there was nothing in spam there. Anyhow I got it fixed, thanks. I'll just have to make sure that I am getting whatever automated emails I am supposed to in the future.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 10, 2011, 06:46:21 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2011, 09:55:57 AM by sgornick

We only accept ACH drafts in the United States and [...]

Would you describe a little more of the process?

So after I've registered, you have my signed user agreement and I have the PIN that was sent to me, what happens then?

i.e., from your your site do I initiate the transaction which is then presented as an ACH draft to my bank (ACH Pull)?

Will there be a per-trx fee?  Will the BTC/USD price be established at the time that I place the request, or only when the funds for the ACH transaction have arrived?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 10, 2011, 04:21:31 PM

davidonpda, how do you "legally" obtain bitcoins to sell?  Just curious. 
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 03:09:29 PM

davidonpda, how do you "legally" obtain bitcoins to sell?  Just curious. 

We buy them. We have some on hand, but we are an exchange. We buy and sell bitcoins. We already have several people signed up to specifically sell coins to us. Again, when they sell more than $600 to us, they will be required to fill out a W9.

Do you mean $600 a year?  Or $600 at one time?
praxeologist

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 05:11:06 PM

I'm pretty sure it is one $600 total has gone through the account in one year, and it doesn't have anything to do with one time.

I was waiting until I got my pin code and going to upload stuff today and check this out.

krypton1

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 05:48:36 PM

This looks really interesting and could help bring BitCoin to a wider audience.

Couple questions:
1. Do you keep a copy of the bitcoin software (a wallet) running for each user on the server?

2. Did you or are you planning to be licensed as a money transmitter at the federal level?  If I remember correctly this is what got e-gold in trouble.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: