Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 BTC to invest into miners  (Read 2096 times)
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:48:30 PM

#YOLO
ThinkI

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

I think the general consensus at the moment is: 'don't buy hardware unless you like playing with hardware'.
I ignored that advice and regret it now.
The reason is that buying hardware makes little business sense at the moment, unless your electricity is free. So the only benefit is the fun you get playing about with stuff.

You could instead join a cloud mining setup. Buy some hardware in the cloud at the best price per GHS you can (which is cheaper than buying hardware direct) and then mine until the price per GHS goes up and sell the hardware back into the cloud. Repeat this and you profit by mining, trading and holding BitCoin.
See the link in my signature for more details.

The final alternative is to hold the BitCoin and wait.

Whatever you chose, if mining is part of it then do make sure your pool is merge mining with other altcoins.
That's extra coins for free.

In my opinion DevCoin (DVC) would be a good one to merge mine. It looks like it will be producing a lot of useful stuff (that has nothing to do with altcoins) in the future, so you may find that you have a use for it.
Of course that is just my opinion Smiley

ThinkI

Earn DevCoins by doing stuff you enjoy! Cool
BTC: 1AxYGFDnnw1PUo8TbQ83PCrenjQJBYU41Z | DVC: 1HKK5tswf8mXGsQng5naNEeqY44ZTHD3MY
Is this the best way to mine BitCoin?
h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:17:05 PM

I would definitely put it all into BFL Jalapenos! (disclaimer; this is a joke)

In my opinion I think you'd be able to make more cash money actually trading the coins right now than investing in miners, difficulty is most likely going to go through the roof in the next few months. I wouldn't risk all that beautiful coin xD

Or just sit on the coins, they're most likely just gonna raise in value at the end of the day Tongue
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:46:00 PM

50 BTC would get you 4.5 Th/s in Antminers (2.0 BTC each)

However if that is your entire BTC stash, save at least half of it. Mining is a very lucrative industry for those who know what they are doing, if you are not so dedicated to really doing your homework and the math you may never see a positive return on your investment.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: