Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and retirement - how do you see your future?  (Read 2113 times)
Shame_Game

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:24:50 AM

This is a very correct approach. But for the purity of the experiment you need to withdraw part of the profit and invest in other assets. For example, in real estate. I think that this approach will allow to save the maximum capital for the pension.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptomoon1003

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:31:11 AM

Future seems bright Smiley

haha

You can for sure plan your retirement with bitcoin and cryptos... I read an article somewhere long back that a man made 21 millions in btc ; cashed out 20 million for his retirement and kept playing crypto game with 1 million

Could be an effective strategy / goal ?
t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:31:34 AM

We see our future, we know we are going to retire after a year or decade. We are going to this stage of retirement. We cannot settle for retirement, but we can invest to have a good retirement. Bitcoin is one of the best to invest on today, we can see how bitcoin is going for our innovation. We can invest now to have a profit or income.

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:52:19 PM

We see our future, we know we are going to retire after a year or decade. We are going to this stage of retirement. We cannot settle for retirement, but we can invest to have a good retirement. Bitcoin is one of the best to invest on today, we can see how bitcoin is going for our innovation. We can invest now to have a profit or income.
I believe the technology gives you opportunities no mater which stage of your job or life you are. If you keep the crypto game going along with your job, you are better off playing it for long and long term investment gives you good money to use in retirement. Once you are retired, you can still go with your crypto journey now full time and can have a good break.
Skieleton (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:56:46 PM

I came across a very nice experiment of one of my compatriots. He started to put up around $ 50 a month for pension. I will add that pensions in my country are low.

Description of the experiment:

"What is going on?
One of my many areas of interest are cryptocurrencies. There is a good chance that you have heard about bitcoin. A smaller chance that you know litecoin or dogecoin. If you want to know the technical side or economic cryptocurrency - use google. For the needs of my retirement, it is enough to know that cryptocurrencies act as cash in a modern version. They have their value (they are listed on the stock exchanges, they have their course), they can be safely stored, they can be sent immediately to any distance, practically free of charge and - with a little effort - they are anonymous. And they are today at the initial stage of development. Everyone who touches them is still an early employer, and this means that - with a high probability - a long-term investment in cryptocurrencies will be very profitable. I chose 4 cryptocurrencies for my retirement basket and gave them percentages indicating their presence in the basket. When making my choice, I based my own - already several years - experience in the cryptocurrency industry, the capitalization value of a given cryptocurrency (market cap) and the features that distinguish it from other coins on the market. And so I chose:

How much do I put aside? I did not want to set any fixed amount. Because you know - inflation, fluctuations in financial markets, etc. ... So I decided that the value of a monthly investment will depend on the minimum wage in Poland. In 2017, it is an amount of $ 540. And every month I invest 10% of this amount, that is 50 $. "

He has currently invested $ 1,600, and the rate of return since early 2017 is 1,600% = $ 27k.
It's a great idea, right?

I won’t really try putting my life savings into Bitcoin, no way! It’s a very big risk for anyone that does such a thing and I can’t risk it. I know a friend of mine that did that and ended losing more than 50% of his money. Best thing is to divide the money and make use of about 20 or 30% for Bitcoin investment, save the next 30% while you make use of the remaining percentage to start up an offline business.
It is a risk I agree but without a risk there is no profit. The problem is the uncertainty of what will happen in a year, two or more. My pension will be in 25 years. What will happen to bitcoin in 25 years?
dillema018

Activity: 214
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:58:13 PM

In crytpo currency there is always a risk you will never know until you try it, you must have a 50% of saving money in a bitcoin and the other 50% is in your hands so that it would not affect on the status of your life or let say it will not affect on the financial status of your family.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:07:15 AM

I will not take a gamble for my retirement in this high risk investment. Yeah I understand that we want to have a big returns but the risk is too high and considering that it's for your retirement funds. What if it goes worst? How will you recover that money and considering that you are old enough to go for work and you need money to support your medical maintenance. Will you still take a risk? I will still invest but to the amount which I can afford to lose not the whole retirement plan.

It is true that investing your pension pot in cryptocurrencies is foolhardy. You wouldn’t want to be left high and dry due to a crash at the cusp of your retirement. But I wouldn’t mind investing 10% of the money I have put aside for retirement in cryptocurrencies. Over the long term, they have the potential to provide a boost to my portfolio.
No doubt that is too much risky if a person will put all his pension in crypto trading, but I think that it is depending on your experience if you have already good experience in crypto trading then you can put some percentage of your pension in crypto trading, from which one can make a good profit in a short time.
Hmmm… experience can reduce the rate at which you’re likely to risk losing your money, but that doesn’t mean that loss won’t still occur, cause none of us knows the future so we can’t make 100% perfect predictions of the price of Bitcoins and which direction it is going next. But skills and experience still matters a lot in everything we do… though I don’t really need to mention experience but skills more importantly.
fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:45:29 AM

I am way too young to think about it but actually I was and so my opinion with current is a great opportunity to all ages
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:03:42 AM

I am way too young to think about it but actually I was and so my opinion with current is a great opportunity to all ages
Way too young? Good thing you could think about it as a great opportunity for all ages. As long as you can post on this forum, you have a signature on your profile which obviously means you can make decisions, then you are not way too young bro. Time waits for no one, you are still going to get old, and from the look of things, you being young gives you even better opportunity than someone who is already in his 40s or 50s. You can still start saving for your pension now from the little you get and storing it up, and you'd be surprise what you would be worth by the time you are even in your early 40s.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:23:33 AM

Bitcoin is good and there are lots of things it has to offer. But if you’re going to use it as a means Saving or investing your pension, it will be better you put in mind the fact that it is very risky. That’s why you will see lots of people today saying that if you want to invest money on Bitcoin it’s best to invest any amount you can afford to lose. So if you’re going to do that with your pension, I suggest that you so so with just a percentage of your pension that you can afford to count as loss and forget about it in case anything happens.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

In my opinion, it is kinda risky to be putting my retirement fund on cryptocurrency, as we all know, cryptocurrency is very volatile, so it could make or break the outcome of my retirement, for me, because I believe in cryptocurrency, I would hold part of my money in cryptocurrency and part of it in banks so that, whatever happens, I could have the best of both worlds.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:50:32 AM

We cannot predict what will happen next.For now bitcoin is a big help for us financially but we cannot tell what will happen tomorrow.It is our responsibility now on how to save bitcoin for our future.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
gerald246kru

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:56:57 AM

I came across a very nice experiment of one of my compatriots. He started to put up around $ 50 a month for pension. I will add that pensions in my country are low.

"What is going on?
One of my many areas of interest are cryptocurrencies. There is a good chance that you have heard about bitcoin. A smaller chance that you know litecoin or dogecoin. If you want to know the technical side or economic cryptocurrency - use google. For the needs of my retirement, it is enough to know that cryptocurrencies act as cash in a modern version. They have their value (they are listed on the stock exchanges, they have their course), they can be safely stored, they can be sent immediately to any distance, practically free of charge and - with a little effort - they are anonymous. And they are today at the initial stage of development. Everyone who touches them is still an early employer, and this means that - with a high probability - a long-term investment in cryptocurrencies will be very profitable. I chose 4 cryptocurrencies for my retirement basket and gave them percentages indicating their presence in the basket. When making my choice, I based my own - already several years - experience in the cryptocurrency industry, the capitalization value of a given cryptocurrency (market cap) and the features that distinguish it from other coins on the market. And so I chose:

How much do I put aside? I did not want to set any fixed amount. Because you know - inflation, fluctuations in financial markets, etc. ... So I decided that the value of a monthly investment will depend on the minimum wage in Poland. In 2017, it is an amount of $ 540. And every month I invest 10% of this amount, that is 50 $. "

He has currently invested $ 1,600, and the rate of return since early 2017 is 1,600% = $ 27k.

I really doubt the future of bitcoin, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and difficult to guess. By the end of 2017, bitcoin price is approaching $ 19800, then at the moment, bitcoin prices are at $ 7600 and are on the downward trend. In the long term, bitcoin prices are still bearish so you should consider investing in bitcoins.
fantasticX5

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:24:59 AM

It seems very interesting and profitable but I will not gamble my retirement plan on this risky investment as I don't have no assurance that the price will reach that high once I retire. I will still invest but to just a small amounts enough to my level.
Financial Freedom 4U

Activity: 98
Merit: 31

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:49:03 AM

"What is going on?

The idea of setting aside for retirement purposes is perfect. But I am just hesitant on the idea of putting everything in crypto. Probably you need to look for other investments which has lesser risk and invest a portion with crypto. Yes, crypto has a higher returns among other investments. However, it has also the higher risk. So there is also a high change that everything will be lost. So better diversify to secure your retirement funds.

Regardless of the details, if you have your money only in one market you limit yourself and are forced to stay passive when that markets correct, therefore you should split your funds at least into three baskets like Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, FIAT. This enables you to constantly buy when the one market is low and sell when another market is high.

╔══// PixelCharity //  Stable coin to make charity free for everyone  // Pixel Charity // ══╗
╠═════════ Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here  ══════╣
╚ Maybe the easiest way to help those in need without spending money! ╝
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:16:03 PM

I see that my future is bright because with bitcoin it gave me opportunity to earn money and those money will be used for my future business so if i will have enough money from bitcoin then i will just building businesses and that will give me a good source of income that will become the key for my good retirement.
People are earning a lot of money from BTCs but I want to ask one question because I really don’t understand how the people earn from these BTCs? If you can answer my question, I will be thankful to you as my question will be cleared.

If you are earning money from BTCs, be aware of that it can also happen to you that you can get a loss in it so make your plans to save yourself from it.
You can use whatever method you like, bitcoin is a currency so all the methods available to earn fiat are available for bitcoin as well, you can take a look at the goods and the services section of the forum and a lot of people there are earning money selling products for their services, some earn through trading or investing while some others earn some extra money through signature campaigns, which method you choose will depend on your skills and your desire to make money through bitcoin.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:22:15 PM

Well I really think that it is good to use your retirement money on cryptocurrency. However, take note that the point on when you are investing is really important since crypto market is really volatile. Cryptocurrency is profitable and risky at the same time. It can make you either rich or poor. So, it is best to make a sound decision before investing since you will be using your retirement money.
Skieleton (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:35:51 AM

Well I really think that it is good to use your retirement money on cryptocurrency. However, take note that the point on when you are investing is really important since crypto market is really volatile. Cryptocurrency is profitable and risky at the same time. It can make you either rich or poor. So, it is best to make a sound decision before investing since you will be using your retirement money.
I agree, but without risk you can not gain much. It is really an experiment. The investment does not exceed 10% of the monthly income. Its not so many.
tukang_rosok

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:39:52 AM

I agree, but without risk you can not gain much. It is really an experiment. The investment does not exceed 10% of the monthly income. Its not so many.
better collect from other source than using retirement money for investing. maybe for some people they can not accept risk involved. but we know that no risk no gain.better take small risk for big gain.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:37:49 PM

For retirement you could have the bitcoin as the perfect options guys bro. Please invest your fund on good ICO and some half of the fund on the wallet as a investment for long time bro. I am damn that you can make the profit in 10 times if you wait for 5 years from now also.
People in the age above 50 will be able to invest and make the profit at the present time as well bro.
it is actually the perfect option. Although, some people may be a bit skeptical about the fact that no one knows what the future of bitcoin is like, how things will end up playing out, but at least from some of the hand writings on the wall.

For those who are smart enough to take some calculated risks, I want to believe that the future is bright and a lot of development and growth is going to eventually kick in the more. By the time one may not have even reached retirement age, you may even just want to quit and say you aren’t doing no more based on how much you may have been worth by then.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: