Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:05:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google confirms their payments team is working to incorporate bitcoin.  (Read 2423 times)
ajax3592 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:04:22 PM

This guy got in touch with Senior Vice President of Google and has a VERY good news for us  Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1vvfxz/google_confirms_their_payments_team_is_working_to/?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:37:20 PM

If this is true - and I guess we won't know for sure until there is something official - it is great news.  If Google comes on board, everyone will be racing to do so.

The guy posting in the thread certainly seemed sincere.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:47:01 PM

all your coins belong to G  Grin

interesting development if true
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:57:55 PM

If this is true - and I guess we won't know for sure until there is something official - it is great news.  If Google comes on board, everyone will be racing to do so.

The guy posting in the thread certainly seemed sincere.

It certainly seems accurate enough, but rumors are rumors for a reason.  Google wallet isn't by any means Amazon, but it's Google, and well, Google is kind of mainstream a bit. Smiley  Another note, Google is kind of the anti-Apple, who seems to be anti-Bitcoin.  Another reason I think this could be true.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:12:27 PM

If for real, you can expect "premium" content on YouTube to get paywalled. I'd expect they've been running that site at a loss for years (after paying a big sum for it too)

Vires in numeris
ajax3592 (OP)

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:59:29 PM

If for real, you can expect "premium" content on YouTube to get paywalled. I'd expect they've been running that site at a loss for years (after paying a big sum for it too)

Do you even have any idea how much $ those adsense ads on start of video generate for google?

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 11:37:39 PM

This will be exciting news if implemented. My Husband was telling me the other day about Google wallet but now if it incorporates Bitcoin then count me in on getting one.. a wallet that is! I never liked Google much because they banned my adsense account when I used to blog for no reason but if they include BTC then I may forgive them lol. Grin Grin
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:45:43 AM

Do you even have any idea how much $ those adsense ads on start of video generate for google?

Can you tell me how many exabytes of videos Youtube have? Or much it costs to run the datacenters that serve them across the planet?

Vires in numeris
skivrmt

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:56:10 AM

Can you tell me how many exabytes of videos Youtube have? Or much it costs to run the datacenters that serve them across the planet?

It's an interesting question regarding YouTube and profitability for Google.  Google has never confirmed or denied if they make money on the site.  They made ~$1.5 Billion from YouTube ads last year.  Yes, BILLION.  The costs are surely high, but in the billions?  I'm sure in the hundreds of millions, but it probably doesn't approach a billion (what most analysts guess at least).

Plus, its the 2nd most visited site in the world behind?  Any guesses?  Google. Smiley  Even if it breaks even, still a great purchase by Google when everyone laughed at them for paying $1.65B for them!
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:57:14 AM

Who outside google knows? ( The first rule of Fight Club is – you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is – you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.)  Some companies take the Fight Club approach with their data centers.

Thats why I prefer to support

http://www.opencompute.org/

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
knightcoin

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:07:12 AM

So, Only now that bitcoin hit their Zeitgeist in 2013 ....

But so far check that interview in 2011 ..

On the 23 of June, 2011 a secret five hour meeting took place between WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange, who was under house arrest in rural UK at the time and Google CEO Eric Schmidt.

ES So how far are we from this type of system?

JA On the publishing end, the magnet links and so on are starting to come up. There's also a very nice little paper that I've seen in relation to Bitcoin, that... you know about Bitcoin?

ES No.

JA Okay, Bitcoin is something that evolved out of the cypherpunks a couple of years ago, and it is an alternative... it is a stateless currency.

JC Yeah, I was reading about this just yesterday.

JA And very important, actually. It has a few problems. But its innovations exceed its problems. Now there has been innovations along these lines in many different paths of digital currencies, anonymous, untraceable etc. People have been experimenting with over the past 20 years. The Bitcoin actually has the balance and incentives right, and that is why it is starting to take off. The different combination of these things. No central nodes.

http://wikileaks.org/Transcript-Meeting-Assange-Schmidt.html

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:28:16 AM

It's too big, that would cause a huge shock. Imagine that if Google fully supports BTC, its price would more than double in one hour.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
knightcoin

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:47:38 AM

It's too big, that would cause a huge shock. Imagine that if Google fully supports BTC, its price would more than double in one hour.

Yep, but remember who are the biggest google's class A shareholders ...

http://investors.morningstar.com/ownership/shareholders-major.html?t=GOOG

so, it's not that easy. Basically they see bitcoin at the same way any other wall st. guys.

knightcoin

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:55:49 AM

Yep, but remember who are the biggest google's class A shareholders ...

http://investors.morningstar.com/ownership/shareholders-major.html?t=GOOG

so, it's not that easy. Basically they see bitcoin at the same way any other wall st. guys.

and
Top Institutional Holders

FMR, LLC   18,396,507   6.65   16,113,684,446   Sep 30, 2013
Vanguard Group, Inc. (The)   13,374,722   4.83   11,715,052,747   Sep 30, 2013
State Street Corporation   11,993,675   4.33   10,505,379,869   Sep 30, 2013
Price (T.Rowe) Associates Inc   9,496,804   3.43   8,318,345,591   Sep 30, 2013
BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.   7,438,363   2.69   6,515,336,535   Sep 30, 2013
JP Morgan Chase & Company   6,882,988   2.49   6,028,878,019   Sep 30, 2013
Capital World Investors   6,322,215   2.28   5,537,691,340   Sep 30, 2013
Capital Research Global Investors   6,293,594   2.27   5,512,621,920   Sep 30, 2013
Bank of New York Mellon Corporation   5,084,469   1.84   4,453,537,241   Sep 30, 2013
Invesco Ltd.   4,187,607   1.51   3,667,966,847   Sep 30, 2013

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=GOOG+Major+Holders

starUBC

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:37:00 AM

Cool!
dude is fine

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:39:23 AM

It's awesome if it's true! Google is the internet leader and everyone will surely follow!
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:44:40 AM

HODL!

Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:15:19 PM

There are so many conflicting reports on this, that you don't know which one to believe.   Some of them give validity to the fact that they are open to incorporating bitcoin, others say that they have no plans to incorporate bitcoin.   As much as I would love for google to start incorporating bitcoin, I feel like google would come along and create their own crypto currency before they jump on with bitcoin...
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:33:53 PM

There are so many conflicting reports on this, that you don't know which one to believe.   Some of them give validity to the fact that they are open to incorporating bitcoin, others say that they have no plans to incorporate bitcoin.   As much as I would love for google to start incorporating bitcoin, I feel like google would come along and create their own crypto currency before they jump on with bitcoin...

I don't think they would invent a crypto currency for legal reasons. If it were used for illicit purposes they would have their neck on the line...

I think they are working on incorporating it, however they are likely working on creating their own in house brokerage service rather than paying another company like Bitpay or Coinbase a percentage. Of course they will deny any plans related to Bitcoin, why wouldn't they?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
skivrmt

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:24:37 PM

I don't think they would invent a crypto currency for legal reasons. If it were used for illicit purposes they would have their neck on the line...

I think they are working on incorporating it, however they are likely working on creating their own in house brokerage service rather than paying another company like Bitpay or Coinbase a percentage. Of course they will deny any plans related to Bitcoin, why wouldn't they?

Companies will generally deny any rumor until it's fact, or really close to fact.  They never want to be put in the situation where it most likely will happen in the future, they confirm the rumor, and then it doesn't happen.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: