Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 04:44:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fpga Ltc  (Read 570 times)
mcmike313 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:58:09 AM

Just wondering is there a better way to connect 10 go us instead of having several fully functional computers, couldn't I have a raspberry PI and an fpga and hook them up to that? Might b a noob question but any info would b great
mcmike313 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:13:16 AM

Just wondering is there a better way to connect 10 gpus instead of having several fully functional computers, couldn't I have a raspberry PI and an fpga and hook them up to that? Might b a noob question but any info would b great
brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:13:42 PM

There are FPGAs available but the performance difference isn't worth the switch from using GPUs. If you check around here you'll find some guides for setting up more efficient rigs.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
mcmike313 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:24:14 PM

I thought using fpgas was best to connect up more than 4 gpus without having to buy several motherboards, I thought u could plug up to 8 gpus to an fpga and use a raspberry Pi to manage them
brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:17:54 PM

I thought using fpgas was best to connect up more than 4 gpus without having to buy several motherboards, I thought u could plug up to 8 gpus to an fpga and use a raspberry Pi to manage them

as far as I know the fpga is an alternative to GPU mining, the next step up would be a SCRYPT ASIC device.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: