Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:29:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining shares but wallet remains empty  (Read 736 times)
travlrogue (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:51:43 AM

Hello,

I'm REALLY new at this. I'm running GUIMiner x 3 and have pulled up, between these 3, 11 shares in about a week's time, off and on. (Two of them are part of the "Slush's Pool.") I also has a previous GUIMiner that pulled up an additional 2 (if my memory serves me correctly) about two weeks ago. My wallet remains empty, however.

At what point will my wallet begin reflecting my progress? I know the pool will take some of the shares, but shouldn't I begin to reflect something?

Thank you for any assistance you can give with this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:16:12 AM

Hello,

I'm REALLY new at this. I'm running GUIMiner x 3 and have pulled up, between these 3, 11 shares in about a week's time, off and on. (Two of them are part of the "Slush's Pool.") I also has a previous GUIMiner that pulled up an additional 2 (if my memory serves me correctly) about two weeks ago. My wallet remains empty, however.

At what point will my wallet begin reflecting my progress? I know the pool will take some of the shares, but shouldn't I begin to reflect something?

Thank you for any assistance you can give with this.

You sure you have the pool payout address set to your personal wallet address?    What is the payout threshold setting on your pool account? Have you exceeded that setting yet? You should be showing a positive balance or payout amount on your pool account "dashboard".  Also, the pool must solve a block for you to get paid, unless you are running PPS ( pay per share) on the pool.

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:27:34 AM

Let me guess.  You are cpu mining or using a NVidia video card.   1 Share is a very very very small amount.  You will need hundreds of thousands of shares to get a payout of .01btc   The difficulty is so high that you will not get anywhere using CPU or GPU mining BTC.  IE.. my BTC Guild output of 1454040 shares is for just under .02 btc.

Best bet is to look for a CPU only crypto coin to mine like PTS Protoshares or XPM then change them to BTC if you want.   

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║