Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kent Cycle now accepts Bitcoin!! (Bicycles & Accessories)  (Read 2282 times)
Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 04:14:06 AM

Kent Cycle is a local bike shop in my town that is owned and operated by a very close friend of mine. Recently I have set him up to start accepting bitcoin as payment.

Kent Cycle
www.kentcycle.com
115 Lake St
Kent OH 44240
330-677-0600

Kent Cycle offers a wide selection of bicycles and accessories. I personally own the Focus Urban Planet 2.0 (http://www.focus-bikes.com/us/en/bikes/2014/urban/planeturban.html) This bike is ridiculous. Hydraulic disc brakes, Kevlar belt driven (no chain, no grease) internal 8 speed hub (all the gears are inside the hub to protect it from all of the elements). I love this bike.

Kent Cycle carries a wide variety from Breezer daily cruisers to Focus full carbon fiber frame track bikes to Surly, Fuji, All City, Redline, and many more. Kent Cycle also carries all of your parts, accessories, clothing and shoes. You name it they've got you covered. Shipping anywhere in the US. Global shipping may be available in certain circumstances.

"Kent Cycle opened the doors in March of 2012 with a goal of providing friendly, accessible, knowledgeable, and committed support for cyclists in our area. In addition to offering our local community a full service bicycle shop our distribution network allows us to source products that may be unavailable through local channels in various regions. This allows us to offer product support as a registered dealer to all of our customers, regardless of their geographic location."

Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 04:16:31 AM

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact them or me.
If anyone has any ideas on how to promote this better or get it added to some of the sites that provide lists of who accepts bitcoin the help would be appreciated.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:55:52 AM

Anyone put an order in yet?
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:40:16 AM

Where can I browse your inventory?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:48:43 AM

Where can I browse your inventory?

It's not my shop, it's my best friends. Inventory changes daily. I suggest calling them and telling them what you are looking for and then they can send you a list of bikes that meet your needs. As for parts and accessories they can order pretty much anything you need.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:49:44 AM

Spring is around the corner. Check out Kent Cycle for a new bike, gear, or parts.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:50:32 AM

good news
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:22:51 AM

Bump
MikeMark

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:02:59 AM

Nice, Adam!

I'm in the market for a new road bike.

However, that web site needs work. There's really no way to know available offerings or possible prices.

Build it and they will come.  Wink

-MikeMark

The Path of the Just is as the Shining Light...
BeepBeep2

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:44:29 AM

Nice! I live near this shop.  Grin

BTC: 184DMeGc6E7CoQVH3A9NvcCuRVRcv3wE2Y | LTC: LP4iqohSWKiws4j9jTTnqd89EEffEymsoJ
Join Cryptsy, which is now faster than ever! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102995
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:21:21 PM

Nice, Adam!

I'm in the market for a new road bike.

However, that web site needs work. There's really no way to know available offerings or possible prices.

Build it and they will come.  Wink

-MikeMark

Yes they are a smaller family owned local shop and the bike shop they really aren't in a position yet for a fancy website. Not only that bit most brands do not allow you to do internet sales. They have strict rules. They do however appreciate phone calls so they can discuss with you all of your needs and wants, height, weight, etc. so they can give you a few really good options and allow you to choose from there.

That's what I love most about these guys. It's not about the dollars you spend, it's about finding the right bike that meets your needs. Whether you're buying a $300 cruiser or a $3,000 carbon fibre race bike they really take the time and make sure you're happy. It's something other retailers can learn from. It's about the customer not the sale.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:24:25 PM

Nice, you should join our next Meetup in Cleveland:

http://www.meetup.com/Cleveland-Bitcoin/

What payment processor is Kent Cycle using for bitcoin?  Are they processing the payments themselves, or using Coinbase or Bitpay?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:23:00 AM

Nice, you should join our next Meetup in Cleveland:

http://www.meetup.com/Cleveland-Bitcoin/

What payment processor is Kent Cycle using for bitcoin?  Are they processing the payments themselves, or using Coinbase or Bitpay?

Coinbase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: