Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:05:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] OMEGA 007 JAMES BOND SKYFALL - PLANET OCEAN LIMITED EDITION- Brand New!  (Read 3963 times)
CCHarris (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:36:18 AM

Want to sell, brand new Omega Planet Ocean 007 Edition timepiece, if you are interested in seeing some pictures or more information. Send me a PM!  I will be entertaining offers, please no scammers or low ballers.

NEW & NEVER WORN !
 OMEGA 007 JAMES BOND SKYFALL - PLANET OCEAN LIMITED EDITION
 5007 PIECES EVER MADE
 COMPLETE WITH BOXES, WARRANTY CARD, BOOKS...
 OMEGA SEAMASTER PLANET OCEAN SKYFALL LIMITED EDITION
 - WITH MANUFACTURER SERIAL NUMBERS
 - James Bond Skyfall Edition
 - LIMITED EDITION, Numbered...5007 Ever Made
 - Black Dial
 - Date Feature
 - Self Winding Automatic Chronometer Co-Axial Movement
 - Omega Caliber 8507, 60 Hour Power Reserve
 - Sapphire Crystal Exhibition Back Case
 - 2 Year manufacturer Warranty
 - Guaranteed Authentic
 - Certificate of Authenticity
 - Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal
 - Brushed with Polished Stainless Steel Case and Bracelet
 - Manufacturer Box & Manual
 - 600 Meters / 2000 Feet Water Resistant
 - 42mm = 1 5/8" Case, 7" Adjustable Bracelet
 - Deployment Buckle
 - Unidirectional Rotating Bezel
 - Screw Down Crown

Very Nice Watch, real conversation piece, also for those big James Bond fans this is the ultimate time piece. Would like to trade time piece for bitcoin and litecoin only. Price is slightly neg. Bitcoins,Litecoins, BTC, LTC
 Very nice present for Valentines Gift!

http://images.craigslist.org/00n0n_lqEMGd4hULK_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00d0d_4xVsI5o17DI_600x450.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/00e0e_iNmdasnBcow_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00g0g_hZAqQFlVlVY_600x450.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JStock7169

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:45:32 PM

I am a pretty big Omega fan, I was researching this watch and all the ones I can find show it having a visible movement in the back and your photo is showing a solid case back. Just curious if they made different styles.

You have some very nice watches listed, would like to see pics of the actually watches instead of marketing pics. I know its hard to take quality shots of a watch but one or two would be nice.

Thanks
CCHarris (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:10:28 AM

JStock,

You are very correct, there is two options for the Planet Ocean, you have the solid case back as shown and you have the clear sapphire display backs.  The are both standard edition, some people prefer the display case more than the solid case.  But here are the differences.

While the Planet Ocean (display case)  is and looks like a dive watch, Omega is careful not to call it a dive watch. Why? Well it technically isn't a "professional" dive watch despite its hardy construction and 600 meters of water resistance. Omega Seamaster (display case)collection watches that do fit the criteria for professional dive watches don't bear a "Professional" label on the dial. What prevents the  from being a pro diver? Mainly the lack of a airtight seal the display case does not offer that the solid back case does. As the watch is a Planet Ocean, and is very popular, largely because love to see the inner workings of a mechanical watch. It will not withstand the abuse that professional divers subject their watches to, decompression chambers is where the watches usually fail with the clear display case.

To be honest, it seems like a small technicality. For most intents and purposes, the (clear display case) Seamaster Planet Ocean is a fully capable diver, I prefer to sell only the solid backs because, people that actually care about this fact the display case will not completely seal, will not consider buying the display case back at all. And people that want to see the inner workings just want an Omega just for its name, I sell more to divers and real Omega enthusiast due to this fact.  Also as you meet more and more people that wear an Omega, they will ask you Solid Back or Clear?  If you answer clear, they know you use the watch for what it was intended...Almost like a secret club, and your watch is inferior in some ways, you will not find this written anywhere, but it is a part of the Omega Culture, I would relate it to having a Jeep, and people wave to you with one finger, or the Harley Motorcycle wave, very small but important to some people...haha

Another small history fact is people love the mark the solid case leaves on their wrist, when they take their watch off. Almost like a status symbol especially amongst divers and lifelong Omega fans. The clear case does not offer the same. I know all these things seem very small, but when you are dealing with a Brand with no much history you want to embrace the history, The reason for the display case recently is because Omega sales were down, and they wanted to change the image some added more features, which worked but they realized by doing this they lost some of their longtime customers.  So they now give the option of both clear display case, and solid back. The solid back is your best option for resell.  Because over time the display gets slightly yellowish, and no one will purchase it at that point.

I can take tons of photos for you, if you are actually interested in the watch, but the marketing pics are the best to show the detail.  I always use the marketing pics, because why would anyone want to see low resolution vs. professional grade photos.

Thanks for your interest, and sorry for the long explanation.   

CCHarris (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:13:22 AM

One more important fact, Limited Edition watches like the James Bond watches like the Skyfall, or the Olympic editions all have solid backs because they are commemorative and short numbers are made, making them more or sought after....

Regards,

CH 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: